ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue women's basketball First Thoughts and GoldandBlack.com game thread: Purdue-Incarnate Word

Brian_GoldandBlack.com

Jun 18, 2003
West Lafayette, Ind.
Greetings from the bowels of Mackey Arena, where No. 3 Purdue meets Incarnate Word in its second-to-last buy game of the non-conference.

There's not a lot of suspense here, so there's not a whole lot I can give you in terms of meaningful thoughts, as the No. 1-ranked offense in the country faces the worst-ranked defense.

But I get paid by the word, so here are some words. Not incarnate words, but words nonetheless.

• This is a good time for Purdue to build habits. Drink every time you hear me say "build habits" around these next two games. Purdue did a great job with its defensive engagement and attentiveness against Butler, and these last two non-conference games can serve as batting practice in those regards prior to Wisconsin.

• Twist the knife inside. Trevion Williams and Zach Edey should go berserk tonight, and there won't be much need for Purdue to do much more beyond the path of least resistance offensively.

• Get Brandon Newman going. What happens in these games doesn't really matter because it's not relevant context to what lies ahead, but him playing well and making shots would be better than the alternative. He didn't make shots against Butler, but I didn't think he played badly, and there is a difference. It would be good to get him some warm and fuzzies tonight.

That's what I've got. One of those games ... someone in the media room just said, "They're playing Incarnate Word, right?"

Follow along here in this thread or on the Twitter device at @brianneubert.

Have a good night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News