ADVERTISEMENT

First play

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
I think AOC will come out, see how the D is set up, if shaded to Bell and leaving Wright either in man or no deep help, I'm going to Wright deep first play.
If they're in a 2 deep zone and taking that away, I'm audibling to a roll out right, throw back screen to Anthrop.

Also predicting a score from the D, either a fake Punt or fake FG and at least 2 backyard turkey bowl plays like we saw vs MSU.

Putting some $ on this one so need the Boilers to cover the -15.

What I'd like to see is a handoff to Horvath up the middle who runs over several players and hurdles others for a long touchdown beating Purdue's total rushiing yards in other games in this one play. The wide receivers also helping by getting multiple blocks. But I doubt that happens.

What I'd like to see is a handoff to Horvath up the middle who runs over several players and hurdles others for a long touchdown beating Purdue's total rushiing yards in other games in this one play. The wide receivers also helping by getting multiple blocks. But I doubt that happens.

Even against NU, the worst running D in the league, PU couldn't run the ball. AOC is in a flow, the OL is protecting him well, he's making good reads and putting the ball where it needs to be.
I think they throw, throw often, and when not throwing, throw a screen to the RBs.

Reactions: pboiler18
Even against NU, the worst running D in the league, PU couldn't run the ball. AOC is in a flow, the OL is protecting him well, he's making good reads and putting the ball where it needs to be.
I think they throw, throw often, and when not throwing, throw a screen to the RBs.
I'm sure you're right. But that's what I'd love to see. Just imagine how humiliating that would be to give up more rushing yards to Purdue in one play and in a few seconds that other teams didn't do in a whole game! Besides, I like Zander, and would like to see him have a big day.

I think AOC will come out, see how the D is set up, if shaded to Bell and leaving Wright either in man or no deep help, I'm going to Wright deep first play.
If they're in a 2 deep zone and taking that away, I'm audibling to a roll out right, throw back screen to Anthrop.

Also predicting a score from the D, either a fake Punt or fake FG and at least 2 backyard turkey bowl plays like we saw vs MSU.

This or a seam pass to Durham as he flattens a few defenders and hurdles another.

iu might try that with Charlie Spegel.
I'm predicting a Boilermaker win...but Charlie Spegel will rush for 582 yards and 7 touchdowns (including a 102yd KO return for a TD). I've never seen him play, but based on the constant love he gets from a number of Purdue posters, he's obviously a once-in-a-lifetime talent. tic

In January he'll announce he's transferring to Purdue, and CJB will immediately cut all our RBs, TEs and WRs, because they won't be needed the next 3 years. He'll keep one QB on the roster, but we'll probably just use Spegal from the Wildcat on every down. dws

Horvath off left tackle for 5 yards

Yawn…..
If conditions are right, I don’t see us trying to run much.
I’m fine with tons of screens but our running game is so bad, it’s not even worth messing with.
You don’t see brohm throwing runs in there even though he doesn’t need to? Do you watch brohm?

Reactions: pboiler18
Yawn…..
If conditions are right, I don’t see us trying to run much.
I’m fine with tons of screens but our running game is so bad, it’s not even worth messing with.
Their pass defense is 70th in the nation and their run defense is 62nd.. expect a balanced attack.

oh and their total offense is 122nd.. if we come to play it’s gonna be ugly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT