ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Burke Tonight.

It HAS to be this way, and we HAVE to let that be known RIGHT NOW! http://www.purdue.edu/bot/contact.html

Here is an idea to unite our football team and our fan base in hopes of salvaging any warm and fuzzy moments of the 2015 season: remember how our most hated rivals and their sly football coach rallied around "America Needs Farmers" and put "ANF" helmet stickers on their helmets back in the mid-1980s? Well, it was wildly successful and the Hawks are still wearing that brilliant stroke of genius helmet sticker to this day!

I propose, since BURKE NEEDS FIRED, that our team wears 'BNF' helmet stickers all season long (or until Burke actually does get fired); we can even do an oversized decal for "special" games when we wear or alternate uniforms; heck, the team can even vote for what color sticker they want to wear on the NEW white alternate helmet!!

Now if that doesn't unite everyone, I don't know what will. And hopefully the team can stop wearing the helmet stickers before Halloween!

bnf_helmet_zpsnsc1o9dg.jpg

alt_blk_helmets_zpsns20rfa3.jpg

I Love it, BNF!

Reactions: Courthouse Carp
It HAS to be this way, and we HAVE to let that be known RIGHT NOW! http://www.purdue.edu/bot/contact.html

Here is an idea to unite our football team and our fan base in hopes of salvaging any warm and fuzzy moments of the 2015 season: remember how our most hated rivals and their sly football coach rallied around "America Needs Farmers" and put "ANF" helmet stickers on their helmets back in the mid-1980s? Well, it was wildly successful and the Hawks are still wearing that brilliant stroke of genius helmet sticker to this day!

I propose, since BURKE NEEDS FIRED, that our team wears 'BNF' helmet stickers all season long (or until Burke actually does get fired); we can even do an oversized decal for "special" games when we wear our alternate uniforms; heck, the team can even vote for what color sticker they want to wear on the NEW white alternate helmet!!

Now if that doesn't unite everyone, I don't know what will. And hopefully the team can stop wearing the helmet stickers before Halloween!

Bump for BNF...

Bump_4_BNF_zps8xjhamyo.jpg

BoilerBonzsaid: Love it! Will you have stickers ready to sell on Saturday?

Perhaps by the October 10 game; not selling any, gratis to you! Email me and I will set you up with the deluxe kit.

bnf-P_zpsqzid0rrr.jpg

Perhaps it should be a short sleeved Charlie Brown dress shirt - cuz nobody rocks that look like Captain Morgan!

My second biggest fear (after MB being here past October 31, 2015) is that is going to be our alternate jersey for 2016.

Morgan_Burke_special%202_zpswxwy1tyi.jpg

------------ GOOD GRIEF! ------------

At least we will be wearing OLD GOLD again; they ought to look good with the alternate matte black helmets too!

alt_blk_helmets_zpsbmmblyuc.jpg

Last edited:

I propose, since BURKE NEEDS FIRED, that our team wears 'BNF' helmet stickers all season long (or until Burke actually does get fired); we can even do an oversized decal for "special" games when we wear our alternate uniforms; heck, the team can even vote for what color sticker they want to wear on the NEW white alternate helmet!!

Bump_4_BNF-alt_zpsnjspg4nr.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_Elliott

Burke_fired_zpsteym90dx.jpg

Purdue needs an athletic director who is capable of establishing a proper vision for athletics for Purdue, most especially the football team. NIU, Bowling Green, Marshall, Ohio, schools like this are CONSTANTLY dominating Purdue. Constantly. It is pathetic. It is absolutely pathetic. Schools that have coaches come in, establish powerful offenses, and then get snatched up by bigger schools. And then these schools go out and find another coach, and another coach, and another coach, and another coach, and another coach. Purdue gets coaches that literally love losing and instill a nelly team personality. And it is that team personality that is most above all else sickeningly loser. Did Burke not go out and study the football Kent State was playing under Hazel? One season...was that all it took to make the hire? Look at Kent State now. They almost beat Minnesota. Minnesota would beat Purdue by 30 or more. Look at the Stadium project. Totally unfinished for more than a decade. Purdue has the worst athletic director in college football.

I agree with you, I have been saying this for more than ten years about Morgan Burke.... Along with a new athletic director, it is going to take a big time coach to turn this program around as well as a strong assistant coaching staff. This means that they are going to have to spend the kind of money that the SEC schools spend on coaching staff. Or that OSU or Michigan spends.... Look at what all of the coaches at Georgia, Alabama, and others make. Not only do they spend millions of dollars on a Head Coach, but many of their assistant coaches are making one-million plus... I can't say that I like how money is driving the football market, but it is the context in which college football is being played. Therefore, unless Purdue is willing to cough up that kind of money to get a big time coach and staff, then it will continue to be everyone's homecoming game and attendance will be at an all time low, with the away school having more fans than Purdue home fans as it was at Northwestern during the 1970s. Doesn't it feel good to be on the bottom of the BigTen and doesn't it feel good knowing that we can not beat a MAC school anymore. This is why I have not attended a Purdue football game in more than 10 years. I am now at the point where I don't even want to watch them on TV. I have more productive ways to spend my time. As an Alum of Purdue and having followed Purdue football form more than 50 years, I am pretty much done with it. Oh how I long for the days when we were ranked #1 and #2 in the nation in football as in the 1960s (the years of Griese and Phipps). And the Jim Young years were good too, until King ran him off (another bad AD). And, I am not so sure that the Tiller years were as much about Tiller as much as it was about Drew Brees..... Because after Brees graduated, Purdue football has never been the same.... So I don't have much faith in the Purdue administration top to bottom.... This is why I really don't care much anymore and why I plan to spend my time more productively on other matters. I am not leaving Purdue, Purdue left me long long time ago.....

Reactions: pb1941
So who's starting the GoFundMe to collect for the BNF banner to pull behind the plane at the Minnesota game next weekend?

I say we wait until Halloween, we can get a discounted rate and the stadium will have more fans then...

BNF_Halloween_zpsyyhnd6z4.jpg

"NAB" LOL

BNF_moon_zpsp62akxcf.jpg

Last edited:
The way our fan base treated DH1 in those last few months made me embarrassed to call myself a Purdue football fan. This board was home to the worst of worst, blaming DH1 for every mistake, questioning his intelligence, taking everything good he did for granted, and childishly assuming that it all would get better as soon as he was fired. Where are those idiots now?

I question, however, whether he knew before the IU game? I recall that on Saturday morning of the Bucket game, it was common knowledge within the JPC that DH1 was done. But then the guy who sat next to me in RA at the time, whose son was on the team, was shocked when I told him what I'd heard, before the game. After the game, many of the coaches, including DH1, had their wives with them when they existed the field for the lockers, and there were a lot of tears, and they weren't tears of joy for just beating IU. I'll never forget, most of the wives just leered at the crowd gathered to watch the team file out of RA, with looks of pure contempt.

I certainly believe the part about MB taking the savings DH1 found and allocating them to another sport. Does anyone remember the name of the d-back coach JT hired back in about 2006 or 07, who was hired away by Wisconsin within days of Purdue announcing his hiring? I recall calling up to WL at the time and asking how we could let this happen, and I was told by an Associate AD that Purdue (i.e., MB) would not pay competitively for assistant football coaches with Wisconsin (and I assume MSU or about any other successful program) because we had lower football attendance than Wisconsin. In fact, he said something to the effect that we paid about 70% of what Wisconsin paid because our attendance was about 70% of there's. Think about that -- imagine if a company, that was half the size of its main competitor, told its professional engineers that it could only pay half the salaries. What sort of engineers do you suppose the smaller company would have, and what do you suppose the morale would be among them? And what would be the chances of ever growing that company's market share to catch the larger one?

Meanwhile, our football program did, at the time, produce the revenues to pay assistants competitively, but MB had come up with some goofy revenue allocation model -- not based in the reality of what it would take to keep football competitive -- that took precious resources away from football to subsidize non-revenue sports. This is why I've said for years, MB is not a businessman -- or not a good one, anyway -- he's a cross between an HR attorney (as he was at Inland) and a bad (i.e., short-sighted) accountant.
I think you are thinking about Demontie Cross a linebacker coach that worked for Hope for a couple of months in 2011...then Wisconsin signed him away.

Money wasn't the issue in that case. Wisconsin gave him $5,000 more. When you factor in COLA...would've been making more in W. Lafayette. He left because Wisconsin was a better program..and Hope's future was in doubt.

Hope didn't get enough for asst salaries....that is a legitimate complaint. However $$ weren't the cause of losing cross.

I love Purdue and Boilermakers. This is getting old….
Getting worked up over it is not going to help your health.

I agree with you, I have been saying this for more than ten years about Morgan Burke.... Along with a new athletic director, it is going to take a big time coach to turn this program around as well as a strong assistant coaching staff. This means that they are going to have to spend the kind of money that the SEC schools spend on coaching staff. Or that OSU or Michigan spends.... Look at what all of the coaches at Georgia, Alabama, and others make. Not only do they spend millions of dollars on a Head Coach, but many of their assistant coaches are making one-million plus... I can't say that I like how money is driving the football market, but it is the context in which college football is being played. Therefore, unless Purdue is willing to cough up that kind of money to get a big time coach and staff, then it will continue to be everyone's homecoming game and attendance will be at an all time low, with the away school having more fans than Purdue home fans as it was at Northwestern during the 1970s. Doesn't it feel good to be on the bottom of the BigTen and doesn't it feel good knowing that we can not beat a MAC school anymore. This is why I have not attended a Purdue football game in more than 10 years. I am now at the point where I don't even want to watch them on TV. I have more productive ways to spend my time. As an Alum of Purdue and having followed Purdue football form more than 50 years, I am pretty much done with it. Oh how I long for the days when we were ranked #1 and #2 in the nation in football as in the 1960s (the years of Griese and Phipps). And the Jim Young years were good too, until King ran him off (another bad AD). And, I am not so sure that the Tiller years were as much about Tiller as much as it was about Drew Brees..... Because after Brees graduated, Purdue football has never been the same.... So I don't have much faith in the Purdue administration top to bottom.... This is why I really don't care much anymore and why I plan to spend my time more productively on other matters. I am not leaving Purdue, Purdue left me long long time ago.....

I don't think this is really all that true regarding coaches.

What Purdue's spending on coaches now is ok. Can it get better? Sure. But we're not like low-balling coaches. A lot of the SEC, Big Ten, etc. coaches you speak of are very experienced coaches. Mark Richt has been at Georgia for 15 years and makes $4 million. He wasn't hired for that.

Keep in mind, a school like NC State hired a coach the same year Hazell did for less money. We aren't being cheap, but we do need to make sure there is incentive for progress and to reward progress.

I don't think this is really all that true regarding coaches.

What Purdue's spending on coaches now is ok. Can it get better? Sure. But we're not like low-balling coaches. A lot of the SEC, Big Ten, etc. coaches you speak of are very experienced coaches. Mark Richt has been at Georgia for 15 years and makes $4 million. He wasn't hired for that.

Keep in mind, a school like NC State hired a coach the same year Hazell did for less money. We aren't being cheap, but we do need to make sure there is incentive for progress and to reward progress.
Both have clear points of view. The one point that I want to make and the Purdue BOD needs to hear is that the current situation is being managed into the ground.
If everything athletic program turned around today and Purdue Football, Basketball all won NC. The financial fortunes of Purdue would not change directions for some time. The Purdue brand has been damaged by self inflicted wounds and fans will be wary to reinvest their loyalty to them again.

Last edited:

beating_dead_horse.gif

Reactions: Heiner
Of course the BOT has to rubber stamp the hire, (duh) but Burke makes all the final decisions at purdue. Not sure how Clapass and company do things down at IU.

Burke needs fired. He has let the community down with his poor leadership and poor followthrough. He let the school down. I could sense something was wrong when he hired Hazell the way he did it. It was just like walked onto a used car lot and say oh I like that cool looking 1080's Corvette from Colorado over there. The dealer says that car doesn't like you it wants Cincinnati, but I got this used Dodge sitting right over there. It'll be your daddy but it isn't gonna win no races on the track. Was there even any thought of why he was hired? The coach has to be the most important hire the school makes. It is a major investment. The football coach of most major programs around the country is the usually the most highly paid state employee in the state. The hire must be a very carefully thought through hire. Someone who can recruit. Someone is a very skilled coach. Someone who can put the kind of teams together that can beat the bigs. And someone who can do the things the school is known for, which is fundamental for recruiting, such as our passing game which is historically a trademark for the program. He needs fired immediately. He has destroyed the brandname. He is a program devastator. He brings a loser mentality to this program. Michigan goes out and pays SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS to hire their coach. They are killing it right now. 2 million in the big ten is loser shilling cash and ranks 7th/8th right now in the league. There is absolutely no way Purdue can win in this league when Michigan and Ohio State are shelling out that level of money, three times as much as Purdue is paying. The next hire needs more money and it needs to somebody who knows what the hell they are doing. The very survivability of Purdue football depends on it.

Burke needs fired. He has let the community down with his poor leadership and poor followthrough. He let the school down. I could sense something was wrong when he hired Hazell the way he did it. It was just like walked onto a used car lot and say oh I like that cool looking 1080's Corvette from Colorado over there. The dealer says that car doesn't like you it wants Cincinnati, but I got this used Dodge sitting right over there. It'll be your daddy but it isn't gonna win no races on the track. Was there even any thought of why he was hired? The coach has to be the most important hire the school makes. It is a major investment. The football coach of most major programs around the country is the usually the most highly paid state employee in the state. The hire must be a very carefully thought through hire. Someone who can recruit. Someone is a very skilled coach. Someone who can put the kind of teams together that can beat the bigs. And someone who can do the things the school is known for, which is fundamental for recruiting, such as our passing game which is historically a trademark for the program. He needs fired immediately. He has destroyed the brandname. He is a program devastator. He brings a loser mentality to this program. Michigan goes out and pays SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS to hire their coach. They are killing it right now. 2 million in the big ten is loser shilling cash and ranks 7th/8th right now in the league. There is absolutely no way Purdue can win in this league when Michigan and Ohio State are shelling out that level of money, three times as much as Purdue is paying. The next hire needs more money and it needs to somebody who knows what the hell they are doing. The very survivability of Purdue football depends on it.

Yea, big pay but also tremendous investment in the entire football program.

Right now all athletic department investment needs to be directed towards football through a truly effective and decisive plan with the goal of making Purdue top 25 every year.

P.S. With no Burke, Grigson, etc.

Hey Carp - I've always pictured Burke with a green eyeshade on, can you put one on him?

That's a great idea! Heck yes, I can do that:

BNF_Purdue_911_zpszl3oulfr.jpg

@ pu1985: Sorry, couldn't find any of those shirts that would fit, Mr. Ed bought the last one.

beatings_zpsuvzvpaqu.jpg

Last edited:
Burke needs fired. He has let the community down with his poor leadership and poor followthrough. He let the school down. . The next hire needs more money and it needs to somebody who knows what the hell they are doing. The very survivability of Purdue football depends on it.

Haz is to coaching what Ryan Leaf is over paid NFL qb's with guaranteed millions. NO MORE CONTRACTS THAT DON'T HAVE PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS! A pass on the first year ok, but after year 2 we owe you a crapload of cash cuz you suck, not OK!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT