ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Burke Tonight.

Yep an IU troll with nothing to do but hang out on the PU board.
He must be really lonely or just afraid we'll get someone in that will leave IU the lone doormat in the B1G. Either way, he is exactly why there is an ignore feature on here thankfully. He has nothing of substance to add, so not even worth skimming his posts.

Reactions: pu1985
The AD makes the final recommendation, which he then runs through the President and the search committee for their blessing. Then (and only then) does the hire get made.

And it's Terry Clapacs . . .
So as I said, the AD makes the call. And we want a real AD making that decision, not entrusting it to a Terry Clapass.

Reactions: BBG
The Boilers struggle on the field and in the W/L column because their last 3 recruiting classes have been at the bottom or near the bottom of the B1G. You can coach kids up, I agree, but you are constantly doing it against teams that have more and better talent than you do week in and week out, and that is tough to do. Both PU and IU struggle from that standpoint, and let's be honest, I can name at least 7 coaches in the B1G that both fan bases would rather have from the current B1G coaches (Meyer, D'Antoni, Harbaugh, Kill, Chryst, Ferentz, Fitzgerald).

I'm still waiting for you to present just one relevant "fact". Here is a "fact" for you, who recruited these players that you say have no talent or other offers from other B1G schools? How about who is responsible for developing the talent on the team? Yep, DH and his staff (and Burke as well). It all begins and ends with him. Period. End of line

Game over chumly. Now go troll somewhere else. You've been outed, weighed and measured and have been found wanting. And thus, I leave you to your obvious trolling.
Not having enough talented players is quite relevant. Amazing that you apparently believe otherwise.

And congrats on finally catching the alley oop (sorry for mixing sports metaphors) I've been throwing you . . . Of course the recruiting woes must be laid at DH's feet. He's failed to sell the program to enough BiG quality kids, and the hole is getting deeper. If you want to be mad at Hazell, be mad that he hasn't made Purdue an attractive destination for kids. But don't fool yourself on the talent issue. It's just not good enough.

So as I said, the AD makes the call. And we want a real AD making that decision, not entrusting it to a Terry Clapass.
The AD makes the call with the President and the search committee, and certain trustees have to bless the compensation package. The AD doesn't do this alone. Do you really not know this? And for the second time, it's "Clapacs".

The AD makes the call with the President and the search committee, and certain trustees have to bless the compensation package. The AD doesn't do this alone. Do you really not know this? And for the second time, it's "Clapacs".
The AD makes the final call at Purdue. Burke picked tiller, hope, and hazell, though a search committee assisted all three times. For about 2-3 years, Burke was telling anyone who would listen that "Hope was my best hire."

And no, I'm pretty sure it's actually Terry Clapass.

The AD makes the final call at Purdue. Burke picked tiller, hope, and hazell, though a search committee assisted all three times. For about 2-3 years, Burke was telling anyone who would listen that "Hope was my best hire."

Well, he may have said that, but he doesn't now nor did he ever have the full authority to make those hires without the blessing of those above him. That's how universities work.

And since I've known Terry for years, I can say without hesitation that it's "Clapacs". You can look it up if you're curious. Better yet . . .

http://go.iu.edu/7ut

And Tiller was Burke's third choice. His first two, Glenn Mason and Bob Davie, fortunately turned him down. Otherwise we would have to go back to Jim Young for the last time Purdue had any sort of football program. So Burke's best hire was not due to his skill in identifying a great HC, just look at what happened to Mason and Davie as head coaches.

And Tiller was Burke's third choice. His first two, Glenn Mason and Bob Davie, fortunately turned him down. Otherwise we would have to go back to Jim Young for the last time Purdue had any sort of football program. So Burke's best hire was not due to his skill in identifying a great HC, just look at what happened to Mason and Davie as head coaches.
He even made contact with Ron Meyer to gauge his interest. You might have won, but . . .

Hey, "TheSpa", you're clueless and probably an 18 year-old H.S. student, based on your claim as to how this process works. The search committee advises the AD (or the Dean in an academic hiring) and then the AD's (Dean's) selection must be signed off on by the President and BOT.

Regardless, MB can't hire the next coach, and Mitch sure isn't going to because he doesn't want the blame if it doesn't work out. That, and the fact that the AD is the HC's direct report, and no HC worth his salt would take the position knowing he'd have a new AD within a year, after MB retires, is why Mitch needs a new AD now. MB can be given a job in the PAA for his final year, arranging place cards at banquets, sort of like what MB did with Frank Kendrick. Wouldn't that be justice!

Last edited:
Well, he may have said that, but he doesn't now nor did he ever have the full authority to make those hires without the blessing of those above him. That's how universities work.

And since I've known Terry for years, I can say without hesitation that it's "Clapacs". You can look it up if you're curious. Better yet . . .

http://go.iu.edu/7ut
Of course the BOT has to rubber stamp the hire, (duh) but Burke makes all the final decisions at purdue. Not sure how Clapass and company do things down at IU.

Of course the BOT has to rubber stamp the hire, (duh) but Burke makes all the final decisions at purdue. Not sure how Clapass and company do things down at IU.
It's pretty obvious you don't understand how these things work. I'm typing as slowly as I can for you. Burst doesn't now nor has he ever had that authority. See how I did that?

Hey, "TheSpa", you're clueless and probably an 18 year-old H.S. student, based on your claim as to how this process works. The search committee advises the AD (or the Dean in an academic hiring) and then the AD's (Dean's) selection must be signed off on by the President and BOT.

To expand a little, the request to the search committee is typically for an unranked list of 2-3 acceptable candidates.

It's pretty obvious you don't understand how these things work. I'm typing as slowly as I can for you. Burst doesn't now nor has he ever had that authority. See how I did that?
It's pretty obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about. How about you and your buddy Clapass work in turning your own pathetic football program around?

To expand a little, the request to the search committee is typically for an unranked list of 2-3 acceptable candidates.
Yep. They're included so that people from different parts of the university can participate in the process (I know a faculty member at Purdue who's been involved in most of Purdue's searches over the last three decades. Great guy with an IU connection). Some are very actively involved while others take a much more "passive" approach. Yes, MB makes decisions, but high profile hiring so are about a consensus rather than one person's call.

It's pretty obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about. How about you and your buddy Clapass work in turning your own pathetic football program around?
Obviously you don't get the news in New Pal very regularly, so your lack of insight is understandable. Maybe when you get older and a little more worldly . . . Or, maybe not. And learning to read might serve you well in the future, too.

Obviously you don't get the news in New Pal very regularly, so your lack of insight is understandable. Maybe when you get older and a little more worldly . . . Or, maybe not. And learning to read might serve you well in the future, too.
If you don't think Morgan Burke makes the final decision, you are just plain misinformed. Of course it's approved by the prez and BOT, but the decision has been made at that point. Now maybe Clapass went a different route when he signed up the great Gerry DiNardo.

"The Spa", you have to be most clueless poster on here in years. Your point is what -- Mitch doesn't need a new AD to hire a new football HC because the President and BOT hire the football HC anyway? Again, you're clueless. Mitch doesn't want to be on the hook for hiring a football HC, if the guy doesn't work out, and no good HC candidate would take the Purdue job knowing his direct report is retiring in one year -- since it isn't likely the incoming AD would stand behind him when things get rough. So the answer is for Purdue to bring in a new AD now, a year before MB's scheduled retirement, and give MB a new office in the basement of Mackey, maybe in the middle stall, connecting paper clips, where he can't do too much harm.

Reactions: boilermaker75
If you don't think Morgan Burke makes the final decision, you are just plain misinformed. Of course it's approved by the prez and BOT, but the decision has been made at that point. Now maybe Clapass went a different route when he signed up the great Gerry DiNardo.
"The Spa", you have to be most clueless poster on here in years. Your point is what -- Mitch doesn't need a new AD to hire a new football HC because the President and BOT hire the football HC anyway? Again, you're clueless. Mitch doesn't want to be on the hook for hiring a football HC, if the guy doesn't work out, and no good HC candidate would take the Purdue job knowing his direct report is retiring in one year -- since it isn't likely the incoming AD would stand behind him when things get rough. So the answer is for Purdue to bring in a new AD now, a year before MB's scheduled retirement, and give MB a new office in the basement of Mackey, maybe in the middle stall, connecting paper clips, where he can't do too much harm.
Babble incoherently (and at a third grade literacy level) to your heart's content, but you're dreaming if you think it will work that way. Hope it works out, though. Plenty of good people and fans at Purdue, and it (the football program) needs to be better., whether that's with DH or someone else at the helm.

Once again, you've resoundingly failed to legitimize yourself here, and you've shown a penchant for purposeful ignorance. That's a combination of attributes that I'm certain creates continual challenges for you, but it probably means I can't help you any further here. Good luck.

Babble incoherently (and at a third grade literacy level) to your heart's content, but you're dreaming if you think it will work that way. Hope it works out, though. Plenty of good people and fans at Purdue, and it (the football program) needs to be better., whether that's with DH or someone else at the helm.

If you can't comprehend this -- then you're pretty stupid, but then again, you've already demonstrated that point convincingly.

BGI: please get this moron off our board!

Once again, you've resoundingly failed to legitimize yourself here, and you've shown a penchant for purposeful ignorance. That's a combination of attributes that I'm certain creates continual challenges for you, but it probably means I can't help you any further here. Good luck.
Thank God - and take your thesaurus with you please.
Everyone - please read the above drivel with a stiff British accent - it's quite impressive.

Tell "the boys" back at "the Spa" we said hey, and give Clapass our best as well.

Reactions: Bully4OldPurdue
If you can't comprehend this -- then you're pretty stupid, but then again, you've already demonstrated that point convincingly.

BGI: please get this moron off our board!
I'm simply stating an informed opinion. If you choose to be uninformed, how is that my fault?

Purposeful ignorance. Thats has to be very limiting, even for someone from a metropolis like New Palestine.
Get to bed, you've got mani pedis to give tomorrow. I heard Christopher, Stephen, AND Michael all called in tomorrow, so you're going to have a busy day!

Reactions: pu1985
Thank God - and take your thesaurus with you please.
Everyone - please read the above drivel with a stiff British accent - it's quite impressive.
Did you need help with some of the bigger words?
Get to bed, you've got mani pedis to give tomorrow. I heard Christopher, Stephen, AND Michael all called in tomorrow, so you're going to have a busy day!
Purposeful ignorance. One would think your abundance of unintended ignorance would be more than enough, but you go above and beyond to achieve even greater levels of stupidity. Perhaps you'll get an education someday and elevate yourself. Or not.

Last edited:

Purposeful ignorance. One would think your abundance of unintended ignorance would be more than enough, but you go above and beyond to achieve even greater levels of stupidity. Perhaps you'll get an education someday and elevate yourself. Or not.
And he's still here blathering on....
And you promised you were done.
What a piece of work.

Wow, you're dense. Even for an IU fan. I can't imagine a man of Clapass' stature associating with you.

Reactions: Courthouse Carp
scapegoating is the word of the day. Or, forum. It's been the theme around here for some time. Never mind a hire might not be one person's call. Burn him/her at the stake, whoever might be the most convenient target.

That is a bit extreme, even for a drama queen such as yourself.

I'm good with Captain Morgan and his entire band of PYRITE PIRATES walking the plank...

sunk_ship_zps23rcxyoq.jpg

Now if only that ship had not sunk.

Last edited:
Hazell is dead man walking. Staring 1-11 in the face and no idea what to do. OC is incompetent and DC is here because it is the only D1 school that he could play his son at with a straight face. Daniels is going to have to act because Burke is now just going through the motions like he allowed Keady and Tiller to do.

HdNZRnR.jpg
Thought this was a super read coming from one of the players I respect the most

"Moving in a different direction." Well that is a brilliant idea! Get rid of Burke and we will definitely move in a "different direction." Problem is I fear MB will be recalcitrant about doing anything that does not reflect well on him as I'm sure he is out to "preserve his legacy."

Last edited:
Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
The way our fan base treated DH1 in those last few months made me embarrassed to call myself a Purdue football fan. This board was home to the worst of worst, blaming DH1 for every mistake, questioning his intelligence, taking everything good he did for granted, and childishly assuming that it all would get better as soon as he was fired. Where are those idiots now?

I question, however, whether he knew before the IU game? I recall that on Saturday morning of the Bucket game, it was common knowledge within the JPC that DH1 was done. But then the guy who sat next to me in RA at the time, whose son was on the team, was shocked when I told him what I'd heard, before the game. After the game, many of the coaches, including DH1, had their wives with them when they existed the field for the lockers, and there were a lot of tears, and they weren't tears of joy for just beating IU. I'll never forget, most of the wives just leered at the crowd gathered to watch the team file out of RA, with looks of pure contempt.

I certainly believe the part about MB taking the savings DH1 found and allocating them to another sport. Does anyone remember the name of the d-back coach JT hired back in about 2006 or 07, who was hired away by Wisconsin within days of Purdue announcing his hiring? I recall calling up to WL at the time and asking how we could let this happen, and I was told by an Associate AD that Purdue (i.e., MB) would not pay competitively for assistant football coaches with Wisconsin (and I assume MSU or about any other successful program) because we had lower football attendance than Wisconsin. In fact, he said something to the effect that we paid about 70% of what Wisconsin paid because our attendance was about 70% of there's. Think about that -- imagine if a company, that was half the size of its main competitor, told its professional engineers that it could only pay half the salaries. What sort of engineers do you suppose the smaller company would have, and what do you suppose the morale would be among them? And what would be the chances of ever growing that company's market share to catch the larger one?

Meanwhile, our football program did, at the time, produce the revenues to pay assistants competitively, but MB had come up with some goofy revenue allocation model -- not based in the reality of what it would take to keep football competitive -- that took precious resources away from football to subsidize non-revenue sports. This is why I've said for years, MB is not a businessman -- or not a good one, anyway -- he's a cross between an HR attorney (as he was at Inland) and a bad (i.e., short-sighted) accountant.

Last edited:
You can't do anything with football until Burke is gone. SIMPLE as that. And, I don't dislike the guy. Is just time.

It HAS to be this way, and we HAVE to let that be known RIGHT NOW! http://www.purdue.edu/bot/contact.html

Here is an idea to unite our football team and our fan base in hopes of salvaging any warm and fuzzy moments of the 2015 season: remember how our most hated rivals and their sly football coach rallied around "America Needs Farmers" and put "ANF" helmet stickers on their helmets back in the mid-1980s? Well, it was wildly successful and the Hawks are still wearing that brilliant stroke of genius helmet sticker to this day!

I propose, since BURKE NEEDS FIRED, that our team wears 'BNF' helmet stickers all season long (or until Burke actually does get fired); we can even do an oversized decal for "special" games when we wear our alternate uniforms; heck, the team can even vote for what color sticker they want to wear on the NEW white alternate helmet!!

Now if that doesn't unite everyone, I don't know what will. And hopefully the team can stop wearing the helmet stickers before Halloween!

bnf_helmet_zpsnsc1o9dg.jpg

alt_blk_helmets_zpsns20rfa3.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT