ADVERTISEMENT

Evansville's Powell practically begging for a Purdue offer

Many have said Biggie would have been a one and done if he had better guarantees from the NBA combine that he would be drafted.

Is it not safe to look at where one and dones go and to do a little research and speculation about why they go there and not Purdue? Admittedly you don't have any data on Purdue. But you have plenty of data on other schools. Have one and dones always produced a championship? No. But if you read the posts here, the vast majority of you didn't want to be in the same bracket with Duke. Why was that? Because of Duke's vast experienced players?
Biggie was a starter from day one.
Try again.

Biggie was a starter from day one.
Try again.
He also is very useful in making several of my points. Did I not say a talented freshmen can be just as productive as an experienced senior? So why not start them? Bingo!

You seem to forget if a player leaves after one year, to consider his replacement for the next 3 years! It's possible like Duke that you could end up with 4 years of a 5 star recruit rather than just 1 .
You're wrong, I did not forget that ridiculously low possibility - I never considered it as valid
So I don't believe you should say it would never work.
I never said it would never work - not even close.

so DDD. I offered you 5 examples of painter playing an experienced player over a more talented one, and you decided not to respond to any of them.

PJ over Eastern? yes or no? --- HELL YES ... that isn't even a question for that year.

So Grady over Wheeler ? Yes or no ? Absolutely YES, it was proven again and again.

Grady over tre after tre got in shape ? yes or no? Tre was never in shape last year. When could he play more than a few minutes? Tre could never play the 4 last year, stupid to even consider that as an option.

Grady over Evan ? yes or no? You're repeating yourself - you already asked this

Who's the better athlete? Evan or Grady? What does this have to do with who should start? Results speak for themselves.

I'll admit Grady was more familiar with Painter's system.

Cline over Langford, yes or no ? Who cares, it was never an option. Why ask this?

Eastern over Langford? yes or no? WHAT? Eastern every single time and twice on Sunday ... not even close.

Would Langford have started at purdue this year? he's a lottery pick, but my guess is he wouldn't start for painter. - He has dropped to mid-twenties NOT a lottery pick. With his ATTITUDE and shown results, there is no question that is worth asking here.

Cline over Garland, Barret or Reddish? yes or no? Who are Garland, Barrett, and Reddish ... I checked our roster ... none were on it??? AM I missing something?

Dickenson over haarms? yes or no? No way to answer this. Dickenson has never played a college game . . . why ask this???

Newman or Morton or eastern or hunter ? yes or no? Again, why ask this?

rather than dissing me , Where did I diss you - I offered my opinions which you said above that you respect opposing opinions. At times I even provided facts over opinions.

why not answer the question, and BE BOLD and give your opinion for once . For once, are you kidding? I post an opinion almost every day. What are you even talking about?

Who would painter start? the more experienced player? or the more athletic and talented, yet younger player? my bet is painter would give the more experienced player more playing time even if the younger player is a projected one and done. Only Painter can answer this and it would be specific to every single player, as it should be. Why ask unanswerable questions and then probably get all pissy about the answers?

and I've said that before particularly when we were recruiting JJJ. look in the archives. I predicted JJJ would not start for Purdue. I stated Haas and Ewards would start over JJJ and tha t was a factor in hi m going to MSU. SO?

How about Tyger over Cline or Eastern? Tyger would have come off the bench his entire purdue career. SO?

rather than dissing people, at least I go out on a limb and speculate and make predictions. How about trying that for a change and allowing others to criticize your opinions? C'mon man, get real. I have about as many posts as you do ... with twice the likes ... who cares ... but there are certainly opps out there quite often for anyone other than you to criticize my thoughts.

Have a fresh take and opinion rather than copying and pasting what people already know.
Now you're starting to piss me off

Last edited:
Many have said Biggie would have been a one and done if he had better guarantees from the NBA combine that he would be drafted.

Is it not safe to look at where one and dones go and to do a little research and speculation about why they go there and not Purdue? Admittedly you don't have any data on Purdue. But you have plenty of data on other schools. Have one and dones always produced a championship? No. But if you read the posts here, the vast majority of you didn't want to be in the same bracket with Duke. Why was that? Because of Duke's vast experienced players?

bigs, what does that even mean?

Reactions: Boilermaker24
You're wrong, I did not forget that ridiculously low possibility - I never considered it as valid

I never said it would never work - not even close.

so DDD. I offered you 5 examples of painter playing an experienced player over a more talented one, and you decided not to respond to any of them.

PJ over Eastern? yes or no? --- HELL YES ... that isn't even a question for that year.

So Grady over Wheeler ? Yes or no ? Absolutely YES, it was proven again and again.

Grady over tre after tre got in shape ? yes or no? Tre was never in shape last year. When could he play more than a few minutes? Tre could never play the 4 last year, stupid to even consider that as an option.

Grady over Evan ? yes or no? You're repeating yourself - you already asked this

Who's the better athlete? Evan or Grady? What does this have to do with who should start? Results speak for themselves.

I'll admit Grady was more familiar with Painter's system.

Cline over Langford, yes or no ? Who cares, it was never an option. Why ask this?

Eastern over Langford? yes or no? WHAT? Eastern every single time and twice on Sunday ... not even close.

Would Langford have started at purdue this year? he's a lottery pick, but my guess is he wouldn't start for painter. - He has dropped to mid-twenties NOT a lottery pick. With his ATTITUDE and shown results, there is no question that is worth asking here.

Cline over Garland, Barret or Reddish? yes or no? Who are Garland, Barrett, and Reddish ... I checked our roster ... none were on it??? AM I missing something?

Dickenson over haarms? yes or no? No way to answer this. Dickenson has never played a college game . . . why ask this???

Newman or Morton or eastern or hunter ? yes or no? Again, why ask this?

rather than dissing me , Where did I diss you - I offered my opinions which you said above that you respect opposing opinions. At times I even provided facts over opinions.

why not answer the question, and BE BOLD and give your opinion for once . For once, are you kidding? I post an opinion almost every day. What are you even talking about?

Who would painter start? the more experienced player? or the more athletic and talented, yet younger player? my bet is painter would give the more experienced player more playing time even if the younger player is a projected one and done. Only Painter can answer this and it would be specific to every single player, as it should be. Why ask unanswerable questions and then probably get all pissy about the answers?

and I've said that before particularly when we were recruiting JJJ. look in the archives. I predicted JJJ would not start for Purdue. I stated Haas and Ewards would start over JJJ and tha t was a factor in hi m going to MSU. SO?

How about Tyger over Cline or Eastern? Tyger would have come off the bench his entire purdue career. SO?

rather than dissing people, at least I go out on a limb and speculate and make predictions. How about trying that for a change and allowing others to criticize your opinions? C'mon man, get real. I have about as many posts as you do ... with twice the likes ... who cares ... but there are certainly opps out there quite often for anyone other than you to criticize my thoughts.

Have a fresh take and opinion rather than copying and pasting what people already know.
Now you're starting to piss me off
Occasionally I give Wolegab a like because from time to time its like finally he posted something that wasn't ****ing stupid or long winded. It's like in little league when everyone cheers when the worst player finally gets his first hit of the year.

It is also highly likely that a “more talented” but inexperienced player might have made enough mistakes which his “talent” could not rectify, losing the games we might have otherwise won.
Hey Mathboy, I hear you like math, My like "per post" is 1.08, whereas your is a paltry .646 Hahahaha Just kidding of course. Do dah day was the one to bring that up, yours is 1.04 to Wolegabs .57

Reactions: Boilermaker24
if Romeo came to Purdue, what would his minutes be? Would he start for Purdue? I have to believe that was a huge factor in him and many other elite players looking elsewhere. They knew they weren't going to be the featured player, so they went elsewhere. They went to a school where they could shine.

Romeo didn't consider Purdue because they are a Nike school. When Adidas pays your dad $140,000 to coach an Adidas team, you chose an Adidas school.

Hey Mathboy, I hear you like math, My like "per post" is 1.08, whereas your is a paltry .646 Hahahaha Just kidding of course. Do dah day was the one to bring that up, yours is 1.04 to Wolegabs .57
A good 50% of my post count came before you could “like” a post. It was the old format. That change might extrapolate out to a 1.296 per.

A good 50% of my post count came before you could “like” a post. It was the old format. That change might extrapolate out to a 1.296 per.
If you exclude all the posts where you call people trolls you are at least at a 4/1 ratio.

Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT