ADVERTISEMENT

A great scenario is shaping up now.......

TMA62

Junior
Nov 3, 2001
Purdue is in the top 4 teams in terms of ranking and stats.......yet people are not predicting Purdue to win the tournament. All the talk is UConn or other teams. We are being overlooked.

I think that is a great scenario for Purdue. There is no pressure on us. Play to your potential and make some NOISE, Boilers!!!!

Hopefully it helps them focus. I remember last year at this time, one of the players laughed and said something about their 1st round opponent to the effect of, "We don't even know where their school is." Be confident and expect to win, but don't be distracted by your own greatness.

Hopefully it helps them focus. I remember last year at this time, one of the players laughed and said something about their 1st round opponent to the effect of, "We don't even know where their school is." Be confident and expect to win, but don't be distracted by your own greatness.
I noticed that the last 2 years. There was some "talk" between some of the Purdue players. That only motivates the lower seed teams. (sadly, it worked)

The Purdue players should only focus on the game and only say complimentary things about their opponents. Purdue should do their 'talking' on the court (referring to their play)

Purdue is in the top 4 teams in terms of ranking and stats.......yet people are not predicting Purdue to win the tournament. All the talk is UConn or other teams. We are being overlooked.

I think that is a great scenario for Purdue. There is no pressure on us. Play to your potential and make some NOISE, Boilers!!!!
(yep. Now shhhhhhhhhhh)

I happen to think there is immense pressure on this team. And it starts Friday evening. I fully expect every game that we play to be a grind. Even Friday.
I think they crush Friday. Now Sunday? I think that's going to be a close one. But Friday I think they come out like a hurricane.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

From what I see and hear, many if not most are picking Purdue.

From what I see and hear, many if not most are picking Purdue.
So far in the pool I run, 14 of 79 have Purdue winning the title. It is a slightly Purdue-biased field of entries. Only slightly. My list has spread out greatly in 35 years.

So far in the pool I run, 14 of 79 have Purdue winning the title. It is a slightly Purdue-biased field of entries. Only slightly. My list has spread out greatly in 35 years.
On yahoo about 10.5% are picking us to win it all, 3rd behind UConn (35%) and Houston (12%). That's a pretty good percentage.

Every team have pressure and want to win it all. Again, don't think team A want more than team B...

I’ve seen a ton of of ppl pick Purdue…

After watching the start of this game, I'm even more convinced

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT