ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Hunter, Jr

Very serious question: Who are the proven scorers at the guard position currently on the roster or coming in?
Edey, Furst, Gillis, Newman, TKR, Wadell, Hunter (if he comes back) are all likely to fit in to that category. Edey Especially as he has already proven he can.

Do you frequently change the criteria when your posts are disputed? I ask so I know how seriously I need to take you from here out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Do Dah Day
Edey, Furst, Gillis, Newman, TKR, Wadell, Hunter (if he comes back) are all likely to fit in to that category. Edey Especially as he has already proven he can.

Do you frequently change the criteria when your posts are disputed? I ask so I know how seriously I need to take you from here out.
Ooo I can answer this!

Lenny ( a name he used to go by) aka bonefish is the king at goalpost moving. See he's a good passionate Purdue fan that just can't stand being wrong on the forum

He will bounce around like he has done to you constantly so expect it. Eventually he will say something like "well Purdue will never win a NT because Painter doesn't wear a tie" or some other goofiness.

Oh and he has a serious man crush on Shakka Smart like. "I'm stalking you and am in your bushes" type of level.

Basically...... Don't take him seriously.

Last edited:
Bone, I don't know why you are arguing so hard on two fronts in this thread. First, I think most posters on here want Pack (or another PG) at Purdue as does Painter. Whether Hunter returns or not won't change that fact. And what are you talking about a roster full of proven scorers? Who has that? What I love about college basketball is to watch these young men grow and develop. Was Jonny Davis a proven scorer before last year? What about Keegan Murray? That is what is great to watch for. Who is going to step up?

Second, you keep pushing DDD on the uniquness of Purdue academics. I don't think he ever saId Purdue was unique. He said Purdue does not have a General Education Degree like many schools in the South have, He actually said he did not think anyone in the BIG had them either, so he is basically saying Purdue is not "unique". It just seems like you want to argue just to argue. Come on, we all want Purdue to succeed, why the drama. Say your peace and let it be.

Proven - good point . We always seem to assume the high school kids are going to come in and light it up right away. Need adjustment period

Ooo I can answer this!

Lenny ( a name he used to go by) aka bonefish is the king at goalpost moving. See he's a good passionate Purdue fan that just can't stand being wrong on the forum

He will bounce around like he has done to you constantly so expect it. Eventually he will say something like "well Purdue will never win a NT because Painter doesn't wear a tie" or some other goofiness.

Oh and he has a serious man crush on Shakka Smart like. "I'm stalking you and am in your bushes" type of level.

Lenniel wasn't it?

Bone, I don't know why you are arguing so hard on two fronts in this thread. *** It just seems like you want to argue just to argue. ***

Hey Hey! Ok, Johnny..........tell him what he's won!

c2C0XX.gif

Proven scorers at the guard position?? Was the question. The answer is we don't currently have one. If we get Pack, then the answer would be Pack.

Reactions: Emartin70287

The only proven scorer in that group is Edey,. Everyone else on your list averaged 6 pts or less. I wouldn't call any of them proven scorers.
Newman was buried on the bench, TKR and Waddell haven't played a minute of college hoops.

Ooo I can answer this!

Unfortunately, the only FF Painter has been to is one's he bought a ticket for. (probably to watch Shaka?)

The only proven scorer in that group is Edey,. Everyone else on your list averaged 6 pts or less. I wouldn't call any of them proven scorers.
Newman was buried on the bench, TKR and Waddell haven't played a minute of college hoops.
Doesn't mean they can't, which was the point of your (other) argument. Can you draw up a flow chart please so it makes it easier to keep track of all of your circular statements ?

I've only been here a short time (again) and it's hard to keep track of all the different avenues you keep taking. Thanks partner!

Bone, I don't know why you are arguing so hard on two fronts in this thread. First, I think most posters on here want Pack (or another PG) at Purdue as does Painter. Whether Hunter returns or not won't change that fact. And what are you talking about a roster full of proven scorers? Who has that? What I love about college basketball is to watch these young men grow and develop. Was Jonny Davis a proven scorer before last year? What about Keegan Murray? That is what is great to watch for. Who is going to step up?

Second, you keep pushing DDD on the uniquness of Purdue academics. I don't think he ever saId Purdue was unique. He said Purdue does not have a General Education Degree like many schools in the South have, He actually said he did not think anyone in the BIG had them either, so he is basically saying Purdue is not "unique". It just seems like you want to argue just to argue. Come on, we all want Purdue to succeed, why the drama. Say your peace and let it be.
I love to argue, it's part of my job.
To your first point Bacon was saying Purdue had proven scorers returning. That's not true except for Edey. Is there potential? Sure, there's always potential. But potential and proven are two different things..

Then, Bacon, I think it was Bacon, was claiming Purdue was special academically. DDD corrected me saying that Purdue students can do gen studies for 2 years, then have to declare a major. The inference was that this made Purdue more academically challenging (which is does not) .

Doesn't mean they can't, which was the point of your (other) argument. Can you draw up a flow chart please so it makes it easier to keep track of all of your circular statements ?

I've only been here a short time (again) and it's hard to keep track of all the different avenues you keep taking. Thanks partner!
Well, duh., of course they "could". Anything is possible. But none of them have 'proven' (your words, not mine) they can score with any consistency. (high school doesn't count).
Stick around, you'll learn I'm right 90% of the time.

Well, duh., of course they "could". Anything is possible. But none of them have 'proven' (your words, not mine) they can score with any consistency. (high school doesn't count).
Stick around, you'll learn I'm right 90% of the time.
So far I have learned you change the argument 100% of the time. Changing the game to make yourself "appear" right and being actually right are two different things.

Yet you keep coming back and trolling everyone else on here. Hypocrite much?
I'm not a troll. I'm a mirror. I give back to people what they give to others. if you can't take it, you shouldn't give it.

I obviously didn't convey the sarcasm with regards to how many times he has mentioned it in just about every post he makes.

It has nothing to do with anyone else and I thought was obvious but it must not of been.
sorry BBG You really need t o stop commenting and referencing posts made over 3 years ago. i guess , you need to catch up on your reading skills. it seems all you like to do is dis people. So you find some old news. Are you going to bring up Les miles now too? how long ago was that post made , but it keeps being brought up because people have nothing better to say. he's no longer an athlete. You sure don't follow the board very much do you. ? he GRADUATED several years ago. But you're still responding to 3 year old posts????? SWhere have you been ? other than your own little world ? Sensitive??? Rather, I'm just stating the obvious. he's now a division one coach of a nearby, competing team. Guss which one. I doubt I ever said which one, did I? Why don't you talk about yourself some more rather than dissing others? or , here's a thought , post an original idea? or how about this ??? stick to the subject of a thread ? rather than talking about others? I know how hard that is for you. i know how much you love to call people names rather than talking about actual sports.

Last edited:
sorry BBG You really need t o stop commenting and referencing posts made over 3 years ago. i guess , you need to catch up on your reading skills. it seems all you like to do is did people. So you find some old news. Are you going to bring up Les miles now too? how long ago was that post made , but it keeps being brought up because people have nothing better to say. he's no longer an athlete. You sure don't follow the board very much do you. ? he GRADUATED several years ago. But you're still responding to 3 year old posts????? SWhere have you been ? other than your own little world ? Sensitive??? Rather, I'm just stating the obvious. he's now a division one coach of a nearby, competing team. Guss which one. I doubt I ever said which one, did I? Why don't you talk about yourself some more rather than dissing others? or , here's a thought , post an original idea? or how about this ??? stick to the subject of a thread ? rather than talking about others? I know how hard that is for you. i know how much you love to call people names rather than talking about actual sports.
Haven't called anyone names my man .. but your wall of text sorta proves me right. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Lol, what happened to that “everyone is entitled to their opinion” proclamation you made just a short time ago?
like i said, its' the off season, and people here do what they do best - talk about others ! how many years is BBG going to post that I have a son who is an athlete. he's mentioned it almost twice as much as i have. and I'd rather be called sensitive than an ignorant bully who doesn't have an original thought. I'm prouder that my son has a degree than the fact he was an athlete. He's got something many athletes don't have and never will have.

Last edited:
like i said, its' the off season, and people like BBG do what they do best - talk about others ! how man y years is BBG going to post that I have a son who is an athlete. he's mentioned almost twice as much as i have. and I'd rather be called sensitive than an ignorant bully who doesn't have an original thought.
Geez you are one triggered person. I've only been here a short time, but so far to me you're not doing anything better than anyone else on here.

Man you can really tell it's the offseason.

Can somebody please define a min ppg qualifies a player as a proven scorer?
Just for fun.. having my own little conversation here amidst the chaos..

Here were Purdue's leading returning scorers heading into the last 5 seasons:
2021: Williams (15.5), Ivey (11.1)
2020: Williams (11.5), Hunter (10.6)
2019: Haarms (9.4), Boudreaux (5.4)
2018: C. Edwards (18.5), P. Thompson (7.5)
2017: V. Edwards (12.6), Haas (12.6)

And the actual leading scorers for the last 5 seasons:
2021: Ivey (17.3), Edey (14.4)
2020: Williams (15.5), Ivey (11.1)
2019: Williams (11.5), Hunter (10.6)
2018: C.Edwards (24.3), Cline (12.0)
2017: C. Edwards (18.5), Haas (14.7)

Note that NOT A SINGLE TIME did the top 2 returning scorers end up being the team's top 2 scorers.

So don't be so sure that you have next year's team scoring leaders figured out.
The top returning scorers are Edey and Gillis, but there is a LOT of talent waiting in the wings to take on larger roles in the vacated spaces. IMO somebody is going to emerge on the scene in a big way, like CE in 2017, Cline in 2018, Williams in 2019, Ivey in 2020, or Edey in 2021.

Also, just to tie this back to OP, I can't help but to point out that Hunter is one of the 7 guys listed above. Does 10.6 ppg qualify as 'proven'?

Yes he does!!!

Just for fun.. having my own little conversation here amidst the chaos..

Here were Purdue's leading returning scorers heading into the last 5 seasons:
2021: Williams (15.5), Ivey (11.1)
2020: Williams (11.5), Hunter (10.6)
2019: Haarms (9.4), Boudreaux (5.4)
2018: C. Edwards (18.5), P. Thompson (7.5)
2017: V. Edwards (12.6), Haas (12.6)

And the actual leading scorers for the last 5 seasons:
2021: Ivey (17.3), Edey (14.4)
2020: Williams (15.5), Ivey (11.1)
2019: Williams (11.5), Hunter (10.6)
2018: C.Edwards (24.3), Cline (12.0)
2017: C. Edwards (18.5), Haas (14.7)

Note that NOT A SINGLE TIME did the top 2 returning scorers end up being the team's top 2 scorers.

So don't be so sure that you have next year's team scoring leaders figured out.
The top returning scorers are Edey and Gillis, but there is a LOT of talent waiting in the wings to take on larger roles in the vacated spaces. IMO somebody is going to emerge on the scene in a big way, like CE in 2017, Cline in 2018, Williams in 2019, Ivey in 2020, or Edey in 2021.

Also, just to tie this back to OP, I can't help but to point out that Hunter is one of the 7 guys listed above. Does 10.6 ppg qualify as 'proven'?
I would say 10.6ppg is solid. However, that was on a bad 2019 team.

I would say 10.6ppg is solid. However, that was on a bad 2019 team.
Yes, but KSU and SMU were just as bad this past year. I am also guessing Princeton didn't have many scoring options either and they played against lesser competition. So if you are going to qualify Eric's numbers, it would also be fair to qualify all of these prized transfers numbers as well.

Yes, but KSU and SMU were just as bad this past year. I am also guessing Princeton didn't have many scoring options either and they played against lesser competition. So if you are going to qualify Eric's numbers, it would also be fair to qualify all of these prized transfers numbers as well.
Pack averaged over 17 PPG against very good competition. He did it with good shooting % from the floor, 3 pt and FT line.

If you seriously think he wouldn't be a huge upgrade from Hunter, then there isn't anything anyone can say.

Hmmmm, I never said anything close to that. All I said was that if the poster who thinks Eric only scored double digits because he was on a bad team, then he must think the same about Pack and others who were on bad teams. Just trying to be fair. Sure I’d love it if Pack commits, but i also wouldn’t mind seeing Hunter back.

Hmmmm, I never said anything close to that. All I said was that if the poster who thinks Eric only scored double digits because he was on a bad team, then he must think the same about Pack and others who were on bad teams. Just trying to be fair. Sure I’d love it if Pack commits, but i also wouldn’t mind seeing Hunter back.
I personally would love to see both if I am honest. Make Hunter more of a 2 and let Pack run the show as that to me, would make one awesome duo.

Reactions: Esox54547
Okay? As pointed out Kansas just won with a low scoring PG.
Kansas doesn’t run the same motion offense. But either way I don’t agree with post earlier that said we don’t recruit scorers. Eric’s a good shooter and ever aged nearly 11 ppg as a sophomore on good shooting. Morton was recruited for PG and is a decent shooter. LewJack and PJ were decent scorers. Carsen was recruited as a PG.

Reactions: Chris P Bacon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT