ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Hunter, Jr

This is D1 college basketball, not 1990’s NBA. Get your best athletes on the floor together. Edey can still get 18-20 mpg and dominate the touches for short stretches with the backup guards feeding him the ball.
If Zach takes another big step this off-season he may be the most dominant offensive player in the country. He's gonna shoot 70 percent from the field and draw a million fouls.

Please Eric, time to move on. You were a great representative for Purdue.
For the future of Purdue basketball that is the best option along with getting either Lewellyn or Pack. Hunter never developed a right hand and will never be a true point guard which is the problem Purdue has had since he has been here. Last year's team fought this problem all year. Smith needs to come off the bench for 1 year. My opinion is start Morton at the point, Newman at the 2, his ceiling is much higher than Hunter, that is another reason I don't want Hunter to return. This about the floor but the ceiling. TKR at the 3. Gillis and Furst at the 4. Edey and Berg at the 5. Heide can back up TKR. Start Edey and Gillis. When Berg is in Furst is in, play 5 out and try to get 4 one's each possession. Have Loyer back up Newman and play him 10-15 minutes a game. You can have this team for 2 years plus the addition of Colvin in 23. Keeping Hunter just sets back the development of this team and players.

For the future of Purdue basketball that is the best option along with getting either Lewellyn or Pack. Hunter never developed a right hand and will never be a true point guard which is the problem Purdue has had since he has been here. Last year's team fought this problem all year. Smith needs to come off the bench for 1 year. My opinion is start Morton at the point, Newman at the 2, his ceiling is much higher than Hunter, that is another reason I don't want Hunter to return. This about the floor but the ceiling. TKR at the 3. Gillis and Furst at the 4. Edey and Berg at the 5. Heide can back up TKR. Start Edey and Gillis. When Berg is in Furst is in, play 5 out and try to get 4 one's each possession. Have Loyer back up Newman and play him 10-15 minutes a game. You can have this team for 2 years plus the addition of Colvin in 23. Keeping Hunter just sets back the development of this team and players.
No. just, no.

Please 3Z, just time to move on. You’ve been great over the one week you’ve been a member, but please just move on. We’ve already got Wole to post long senseless posts so we will be just fine with out you. Take care and good bye.

Please 3Z, just time to move on. You’ve been great over the one week you’ve been a member, but please just move on. We’ve already got Wole to post long senseless posts so we will be just fine with out you. Take care and good bye.
Hey Esux everyone entitled to their own opinion, unfortunately Painter's is the only one that matters. As long as Bobinski and the BOT is happy they will worry about the floor and not the ceiling. Later.

Time to let the best players play regardless of experience and develop so they are ready for March.

If you are a defensive liability (not quick enough laterally), you should not play. Don't matter how much you can score. This roster will have plenty of guys that can do both well, but they need the experience, play them!

Who saw Tre coming off the bench this year?
And for guards, any of those but NO ex-iu player.
Yes but Zach was at times highly productive as a freshman and starred for team Canada in between year 1 and year 2.
I like Furst's potential a lot... but it seem like a stretch to think that he will supplant Edey as the starter with how little we saw him produce this year combined with Edey being one of the most productive per minute players in the entire country. I think Edey is the starting center for as long as he is here.

You realize we have 2 open scholarships?

Uhhhh, he’s only coming back if paint thinks it’s best for our team.

As true a scoring pg. Certainly not the floor general end of things at 2 assists per.
Pack averaged 2.2 assists. Isaiah averaged 09. Hunter averaged 2.0. Neither scored 17 ppg...

So we're not really losing any assist productivity if Pack chooses Purdue...

And I love how everyone wants to beat up Ivey for being out of control and his turnovers. But at least he averaged 3.1 assists per game.

Last edited:
Pack averaged 2.2 assists. Isaiah averaged 09. Hunter averaged 2.0. Neither scored 17 ppg...

And I love how everyone wants to beat up Ivey for being out of control and his turnovers. But at least he averaged 3.1 assists per game.
To be fair, Isaiah played half as many minutes as Nijel. It's just a projection, but those 0.9 assists map closely when you double his minutes. Both guys shoot +40% from 3. That said, I think Nijel is an obvious upgrade. Same height but 20 lbs heaver, a half step quicker, and a much faster release on his shot. Also Nijel has an aggressive competitor's edge to him that Isaiah lacks.

I like Isaiah and wish him well, but really excited about Pack. Hope he commits.

Reactions: Schnelk
Pack knows at 6' he has to be a PG at the next level. That's my worry about EHJ sticking around. I would prefer In aggressive guard that can score off the dribble.

My preference would be a Pack & Penn combination. I'm assuming, I'm in the minority on this. If, I'm going to have a 2 that's not a great shooter than he better be able to create off the dribble. That's where our players will benefit. We had 3 guys that could get their own shot last year and only one was a guard. That's not today's game.

Pack knows at 6' he has to be a PG at the next level. That's my worry about EHJ sticking around. I would prefer In aggressive guard that can score off the dribble.

My preference would be a Pack & Penn combination. I'm assuming, I'm in the minority on this. If, I'm going to have a 2 that's not a great shooter than he better be able to create off the dribble. That's where our players will benefit. We had 3 guys that could get their own shot last year and only one was a guard. That's not today's game.
not in the minority, I posted this morning for a Pack/Penn combo. I know Penn is not a good 3 pt shooter but he's a penetrating combo guard and uses both hands. Has a good pull up and when the D collapses on him he could lob the ball to the rim for some jams.

I like Furst's potential a lot... but it seem like a stretch to think that he will supplant Edey as the starter with how little we saw him produce this year combined with Edey being one of the most productive per minute players in the entire country. I think Edey is the starting center for as long as he is here.
Caleb can hold his own as a Sophomore. The guys ahead of him took most plays this year.
He can play 4 and 5 if and when given opportunities.

Boiler Up!!

NONE of those qualify as floor general pgs. Which was kind of my point. :)
People want to beat up Ivey? WTF??
Oh, you mean people disappointed that he wasnt' closer to all he could be than he was?
I got ya.
Some people get crazy expectations of competency when they see super star athlete.

Reactions: Robinahood
sorry you don't have the reading comprehension to be able to understand a post that's more than 6 words long. As i alluded to in a previous post. what do people here d o in the off season? they spend their time belittling other posters. Life doesn't change here, does it?

• Haha
Reactions: Emartin70287
sorry you don't have the reading comprehension to be able to understand a post that's more than 6 words long. As i alluded to in a previous post. what do people here d o in the off season? they spend their time belittling other posters. Life doesn't change here, does it?
Yet you keep coming back and trolling everyone else on here. Hypocrite much?

Oh Wole, I’m sorry I brought you into this, but I didn’t belittle you, I only commented on your posting style and it was meant to be all in good fun. You on the other hand are trying to belittle me with that reading comprehension crack, but I don’t really value your opinions so it’s all good. Now if you’re trying to defend the guy I was responding to, then I would lose any respect I might have for you. I mean the guy feels the need to write an open letter to someone that has poured 4 years of blood sweat and tears into the program that he presumably cares about in order to tell that someone to get lost. I couldn’t let that stand.

nope. it's why i swore off till football! LOL
Then came back when Isaiah entered the portal.
Day in and day out this is by far the most negativity I deal with in my life.
I gotta get a life.

Oh Wole, I’m sorry I brought you into this, but I didn’t belittle you, I only commented on your posting style and it was meant to be all in good fun. You on the other hand are trying to belittle me with that reading comprehension crack, but I don’t really value your opinions so it’s all good. Now if you’re trying to defend the guy I was responding to, then I would lose any respect I might have for you. I mean the guy feels the need to write an open letter to someone that has poured 4 years of blood sweat and tears into the program that he presumably cares about in order to tell that someone to get lost. I couldn’t let that stand.
Purdue fulfilled it's commitment to Eric, Eric.has full filled his commitment to the university. It benefits both sides for him to move on. His ceiling is much lower than Newman's and he is not a point guard.

Purdue fulfilled it's commitment to Eric, Eric.has full filled his commitment to the university. It benefits both sides for him to move on. His ceiling is much lower than Newman's and he is not a point guard.
His floor defensively is certainly higher. Offensively i'd call it a wash until BN shows it on the floor. EH was playing nicely end of the season. I'd welcome him back with wide open arms. And give Brandon every opportunity to make him not needed.

His floor defensively is certainly higher. Offensively i'd call it a wash until BN shows it on the floor. EH was playing nicely end of the season. I'd welcome him back with wide open arms. And give Brandon every opportunity to make him not needed.

When Eric scores 29 in a BIG game I will listen to you. Until then STFU. You are showing your lack of BB knowledge.

He's a very sensitive person. Did you know his son is a division one athlete?

He's a very sensitive person. Did you know his son is a division one athlete?
Easy with that. We have several on here that like to brag about their kids/grandkids. One in particular is getting really bad about it. Wole isn't alone there.

When Eric scores 29 in a BIG game I will listen to you. Until then STFU. You are showing your lack of BB knowledge.
Lol, what happened to that “everyone is entitled to their opinion” proclamation you made just a short time ago?

Easy with that. We have several on here that like to brag about their kids/grandkids. One in particular is getting really bad about it. Wole isn't alone there.
I obviously didn't convey the sarcasm with regards to how many times he has mentioned it in just about every post he makes.

It has nothing to do with anyone else and I thought was obvious but it must not of been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT