ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern

I missed some minutes here and there, but I think he blocked 3 long jumpers, which is crazy.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
He also took a 3 pointer. I would’ve loved to see that go in.

That means he'd take them more....ha jk, he had a good game. Gritty game for the Boilers - not a good night for Cline, but Wheeler stepped up. Also good to see Haarms have a good night and a bit more involved. Would still like to see him more involved...guy was 4-4 tonight.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
His defense seems too notch right now. If he can get his offense to catch up even a little bit he would be a monster. Can’t wait to watch his continued development.

His defense seems too notch right now. If he can get his offense to catch up even a little bit he would be a monster. Can’t wait to watch his continued development.

This can be said about our team. Tonight, we played a good defensive second half. If we "get there" defensively, we'll be a very tough team. We're getting better....it just takes time.

Tonight was not a good night offensively - from Carsen to Cline - but we stepped it up and grinded out a win.

Reactions: Inspector100
If he can polish his mid range - I see him like. Rui Hachimura type player. Sort of a tweener/hybrid guy -big body type who just wants to win and does what’s needed

If we have 4 offensive threats - and Wheeler looked the part tonight - we can afford to carry a defensive stopper like Nojel - without needing his offense.

Not sure if CMP is into season-to-date stats, or trend analysis, but while Wheeler's season-to-date stats are about the same as Eifert's, the trend is definitely in Wheeler's favor.

If it were me, I would start Wheeler, Haarms, Boogie, Cline, and Nojel. it was good to see Haarms become more active tonight, and very gratifying to see Wheeler step up.

I just hope CMP rewards Wheeler with a starting nod, at least for now. Just playing the same starting five over and over and over, is like Einstein's quote that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

JMHOAU

Kid just helps the team win. His rebounding and defense are extremely important for this team.

His scoring won't always be there, and that's okay -- he does so many other things. His scoring will come, hopefully. I wish he'd be a bit more aggressive at times on the fastbreak and take it to the rack.

Great way to end the game! Nojel's elite defensive reputation continues to grow. The team did what it had to do tonight to get the much needed win. Get the next two and we should be back in the Top 25!

Almost forgot that spin move and drive all the way to the basket for the layup was one of the prettiest plays of Nojel's Purdue career so far! Loved it! We want more! :)

Reactions: Schnelk
just playing the same starting five over and over and over, is like Einstein's quote that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

JMHOAU

But we did get different results.... We won!

But seriously, I think painter is the only person alive that still thinks eifert should start over wheeler. Not that it matters much, because I'm pretty sure wheeler got more minutes last night.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT