ADVERTISEMENT

Braden Smith’s defense

At the half:

Northwestern - 25
MSU - 20

Yikes.....

Man.....Michigan State really struggled on offense - killer bunnies afoot - must have missed at least half a dozen layups. This is with Langborg still not quite right and Nicholson out with a foot injury for NW.

Update - NW up 46-45 with 3+ minutes left. Walker/Hoggard/Akins combined shooting 8/32 (0-9 - 3pt FG).....not good.

Last edited:
So by that Metric the B12 is significantly better and the SEC is about the same.

How About the NET:

Teams in the Top 20 of the NET:

B12 - 5
SEC - 4
B1G - 2

Avg NET per conference:

B12 - 46.21
SEC - 69 Vandy is the killer here
B1G - 59.71

AVG of the top 10 schools in SEC and B1G. Just showing that the SEC is better at the top of the conference which may be what makes me think they are a better conference.

SEC - 36.6
B1G - 42.2

The eye test would be for each individual to decide for themselves. I think the B12 and SEC are better, you and others may feel differently. Nothing wrong with that.
B12 is definitely better. SEC is pretty close IMO

Bart Torvik has the Big 10 second overall as well as second in both offensive a defensive efficiency. The conference got off to a slow start, but finished the offseason pretty strong.

I think there are a definite top 3 teams this year: Houston, UConn, and Purdue. You can justify ranking them in an order, in my opinion. Purdue has the best resume, Houston is the power rankings leader, and UConn is the defending champ.

It was Corey and his name wouldn't come to me. Mark is Fernande "s" (Portuguese). Guessing at that time you lived in Spice Run or across the street or Green Acres when Joseph was younger. Know Mike and Julie McCool as well and the husband of your old Supt Debbie...Greg????? (helped the football team and had a son that played BBall) when you were younger. Any idea how long Jim was coach? I saw his first game at Tipton around 88 or so...guessing 12 years with your numbers? I know Greg and Janet Parker and haven't seen either in over a decade.
I know the McCool, went to high school with all of their kids. 12 years sounds about right for how long Yeakel was there. You're correct, I grew up in one of those neighborhoods (don't want to reveal too much).

Reactions: tjreese
I know the McCool, went to high school with all of their kids. 12 years sounds about right for how long Yeakel was there. You're correct, I grew up in one of those neighborhoods (don't want to reveal too much).
No problem. Had a son when little that thought C. and L. Hun&&&&'s daughter was cute...Katie!

Reactions: NEIndyBOILER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT