ADVERTISEMENT

Draft

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
Any chance of anyone from Purdue getting drafted this weekend? Haven't heard much. Blough? Terry Wright?

Wow. Guess not. Just looked at the Draft Tracker on NFL.com. If you filter by schools, Purdue isn't even on the list.

Thought I saw something on the ticker a few days ago about Thieneman maybe having the best chance of being drafted. That really made me do a double take!

Checked out ESPN's coverage and neither Blough, Wright, or Thienemann are listed. Couldn't sort by school but looked at the available players by position.

Unlikely. I'd bet Wright has the best chance as a 7th rounder or something.

That's another good thing about Brohm's recruiting, I will finally have some more guys to root for come the draft

Reactions: pboiler18
Unlikely. I'd bet Wright has the best chance as a 7th rounder or something.

That's another good thing about Brohm's recruiting, I will finally have some more guys to root for come the draft
Doubt it is Wright. Didnt have the stats as a WR and didnt do much on ST to set himself apart.

I would think Thieneman has the best shot, although i think the streak ends. Good Job Darrell.

Reactions: SKYDOG and ChuckJr
A boiler will be drafted. I’m thinking Kirk Barron OL. He was the only guy having a good game vs Auburn going against an early draft DL player. He is athletic. If his grades are in line for a Center to be smart and changing blocking schemes on the line of scrimmage, he’ll be drafted. My $.02.

A boiler will be drafted. I’m thinking Kirk Barron OL. He was the only guy having a good game vs Auburn going against an early draft DL player. He is athletic. If his grades are in line for a Center to be smart and changing blocking schemes on the line of scrimmage, he’ll be drafted. My $.02.

Kirk Barron is probably our best chance, IMO. But I agree with others who think Haze probably killed the streak.

the streak hasn't exactly been that great or worth bragging about for the last 5 years.

Doubt it is Wright. Didnt have the stats as a WR and didnt do much on ST to set himself apart.

I would think Thieneman has the best shot, although i think the streak ends. Good Job Darrell.

Only reason I said Wright was that hes the only one I have ever heard any buzz at all about. First at the shrine practices and then after his blazing 40 at the pro day. I agree it's a super longshot but the 7th round is mainly just for securing your top UDFA targets anyway so who knows.

Any chance of anyone from Purdue getting drafted this weekend? Haven't heard much. Blough? Terry Wright?
I called in to ask Mel Kiper about Blough continuing the streak. He said he thought Blough ends up getting drafted late as a team will take a flyer's chance on him that loves his IQ and his leadership qualities. Kiper brought up Thieneman as well as having a chance and I'm certain that is because he tested really, really well and has absolutely changed his body over the course of the last few months. I think both end up sneaking in to the 7th round...especially Thieneman...because he can end up being a 4th or 5th safety and play every special teams unit for you at 6' and 210lbs who runs a 4.5 40 yard dash.

If we can get someone drafted this year, the streak should go on for several more years for sure with the talent that Brohm is bring in.

I believe we have maybe 5 solid choices of players that could be drafted. Wright, Blough, Schopper, Barron and Knox.

I believe we have maybe 5 solid choices of players that could be drafted. Wright, Blough, Schopper, Barron and Knox.
Blough is the only one you mention that has a shot.

Thieneman also has a shot.

The others you mention are camp invites.

Blough is the only one you mention that has a shot.

Thieneman also has a shot.

The others you mention are camp invites.

I thought about Thienemen, but felt he's probably a camp invitee. I actually believe Schopper has the best chance. the 7th round gets kind of crazy sometimes.

I thought about Thienemen, but felt he's probably a camp invitee. I actually believe Schopper has the best chance. the 7th round gets kind of crazy sometimes.
NFL Draft over the last 15 years for punters:

2018: 4
2017: 0
2016: 3
2015: 1
2014: 1
2013: 2
2012: 2
2011: 1
2010: 3
2009: 3
2008: 1
2007: 3
2006: 2
2005: 2
2004: 3
Average per draft:roughly 2 per draft.

Walter Football 2019 Pre Draft Rankings:
1. Jack Fox (Rice)
2. Jack Bailey (Stanford)
3. Mitch Wishnowski (Utah)
4. Cory Fatony (Missouri)
5. Stone Wilson (FIU)
6. Zach Sinor (Oklahoma State)
7. AJ Cole (NC State)
8. Steven Coutts (Cal)

There is literally no way Shopper gets drafted and I'd be willing to lay down $$$$ on that bet with you if you'd like to take it.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
I believe i have a shot with Kate Upton.

The chances of either happening are about the same
Sorry you feel that way NAT. At least you're being realistic.

Me, on the other hand, I'm more of a dreamer, but Kate is not my type and I already have a date with Dawn Wells.

Reactions: chaspark
So I guess you are a Ginger fan?
Big fan of gingers

862e3e44a1e58b123e45fc7d774d1b08.jpg

I will bet $100 a Purdue player gets drafted.

However, because of all the pessimism here;

I get $300, if two are drafted.

I get $500, if three or more.

Any takers?

Bets must be made before round 5 begins.

Well I have seen a lot of teams make what the experts called reaches. The Packers traded up and drafted an undersized 2nd team BIG 10 safety solely based on his speed at his pro day in the first round. And they drafted an injured DE from Michigan who was not known for being a pass rusher. And they drafted a TE with only 1 productive year.

I'm not saying the Packers are stupid. But they sure are not following the norm or pre draft rankings or projections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT