ADVERTISEMENT

Katie Gearlds Show

Russ Ford

True Freshman
Mar 24, 2018
Watched the Coach's show tonight. A couple things that stood out to me.

Mary Ashley's surgery went fine. She should be back at practice on Friday if not before.

On why Janae Terry played so much and Rashunda Jones played less. Coach said she felt that Jones was a little uncomfortable or a little confused by the defense Illinois was playing. So she stuck with Terry. Also I get the feeling Coach thinks Terry plays with a little more juice against Illinois.

She also talked about how much this win meant to the team. Talked about how big the three Caitlyn hit there late was. She said they wanted Caitlyn to take the shot because Madison and Abbey had missed recently. Obviously the right choice. Lol.

At the end she talked about how she would do ANYHING to beat IU on Sunday. She went on to say that they'll just have to go down there and play the perfect game. And get that road win.

Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator Mark Stephens was the guest on the show. He talked about their recruiting strategies in general. How the priority is their backyard (Indiana). But they also plan to recruit nationally and possibly overseas. Said something about a trip to Germany I think. Maybe they are recruiting somebody from there?

To anyone wanting to watch the Coach's show. I watch by going to the Purdue Athletics page on facebook. They always have the show right there. Live and recorded.

Watched the Coach's show tonight. A couple things that stood out to me.

Mary Ashley's surgery went fine. She should be back at practice on Friday if not before.

On why Janae Terry played so much and Rashunda Jones played less. Coach said she felt that Jones was a little uncomfortable or a little confused by the defense Illinois was playing. So she stuck with Terry. Also I get the feeling Coach thinks Terry plays with a little more juice against Illinois.

She also talked about how much this win meant to the team. Talked about how big the three Caitlyn hit there late was. She said they wanted Caitlyn to take the shot because Madison and Abbey had missed recently. Obviously the right choice. Lol.

At the end she talked about how she would do ANYHING to beat IU on Sunday. She went on to say that they'll just have to go down there and play the perfect game. And get that road win.

Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator Mark Stephens was the guest on the show. He talked about their recruiting strategies in general. How the priority is their backyard (Indiana). But they also plan to recruit nationally and possibly overseas. Said something about a trip to Germany I think. Maybe they are recruiting somebody from there?

To anyone wanting to watch the Coach's show. I watch by going to the Purdue Athletics page on facebook. They always have the show right there. Live and recorded.

I would think we are overdue for an overseas trip this year, which will be great for us considering all the new parts we will have next year

Reactions: Russ Ford
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT