ADVERTISEMENT

Does a rumor have any truth?

DrBoiler17

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2018
Saw 4 tweets about Walters sleeping with his secretary in the past week. Would that fire with cause? Dakich had one before Illinois.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
I hope the rumor isn't true.

But I really hope this isn't Purdue trying to gin up a reason to get rid of Walters at no cost to the athletic department.
Agree that would be a disaster for future hiring, and just doesn’t mesh with Purdue values. However, to pile onto the rumor mill I heard from an insider tonight that players (and at least some of their parents) have been told that CRW will be dismissed for cause. No word on timing.

Who else can get canned
everyone-gary-oldman.gif

Reactions: BBG
I have seen some of those posts on X. They claim to have sources. Based on them, Walthers is to be dismissed tomorrow morning. Also, there could be others dismissed as well.

We will see what happens the next 24 hours.
Lot of those tweets look like they're coming from clout chasers. For most of those guys, their only source is probably their pet dog that's sitting next to them in their mother's basement.

I'm on a text chain with a bunch of Boiler buddies spread out across the country and the Walters secretary rumor came up yesterday. I don't believe any of them are on this board.
Can we call Norvell yet?

Not sure if it is true or not, and really don't care. Wouldn't surprise me though, because he is screwing our football program up.
Have to agree. I dont give a damn what he does outside of the catastrophic events unfolding with Purdue Football.

We were talking the other night at an Alumni event here and the consensus is the Northwestern game holds the key. Are we going to judge his value as coach if he beats another losing team?

How many are hoping for a loss?

Have to agree. I dont give a damn what he does outside of the catastrophic events unfolding with Purdue Football.

We were talking the other night at an Alumni event here and the consensus is the Northwestern game holds the key. Are we going to judge his value as coach if he beats another losing team?

How many are hoping for a loss?
iu could be looking to take out years of revenge on Purdue this year. It pains me to say this, but if they have the chance to hang 60 on us, they will. I think that would be the nail in the coffin for Walters (if he's still around).

iu could be looking to take out years of revenge on Purdue this year. It pains me to say this, but if they have the chance to hang 60 on us, they will. I think that would be the nail in the coffin for Walters (if he's still around).
Notre Dame set records in Ross Ade. IU will be setting records in whatever-that-shit-stadium is called. 60 might be mercy. Such a blowout would be easier to accept with an interim coach than with a coaching staff our athletic department is keeping around for some unknown reason.

As of today we have 11 recruits and ranked 86. what will it be by the end of November?

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Not sure if it is true or not and the accounts spreading it appear to be burners....

Now, I have seen a few folks from Illinois stating there were rumors similar to that while he was at Illinois. Again, just rumors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT