ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage?

TKR block…rough day it seemed for DJ… confident he will get better adjusting:
I keep reminding myself that these veterans practiced against generational player Edey every day for 2 or 3 years. The chance of even an all-world freshman coming in and showing them up is not good. DJ may outplay most college centers he goes against, but not these guys. Not yet.

I keep reminding myself that these veterans practiced against generational player Edey every day for 2 or 3 years. The chance of even an all-world freshman coming in and showing them up is not good. DJ may outplay most college centers he goes against, but not these guys. Not yet.
Have you seen him enough to know this? Just curious, because so many are going on about Ballo from Iu and I don't know if he will be as good in the big ten.

Have you seen him enough to know this? Just curious, because so many are going on about Ballo from Iu and I don't know if he will be as good in the big ten.
I watched all of his World Cup games against the world's best in his age group. And several posted videos from his high school days. He has all the tools to be a dominant player. Maybe not Edey dominant, but he could be half as good and be All American.

I only know Ballo by reputation. I am also curious to see how he does in the B1G.

I watched all of his World Cup games against the world's best in his age group. And several posted videos from his high school days. He has all the tools to be a dominant player. Maybe not Edey dominant, but he could be half as good and be All American.

I only know Ballo by reputation. I am also curious to see how he does in the B1G.
He is long, long, long, and moves well. Posted elsewhere but if he can have the same type of impact that Haarms did as a freshmen it would be a big win for Purdue.

Ballo ain’t that good…there’s a reason he’s in college chasing that $$$ as a fifth year Covid senior
He’s not built for the nba, but college and nba players require different skillsets. So him staying in college may be more about translation to nba than performance overall.

He’s not built for the nba, but college and nba players require different skillsets. So him staying in college may be more about translation to nba than performance overall.
He’s a solid player. I’m just not sure where some of these predictions come from that as a fifth year guy moving to a better conference with another post scorer on his team he’s all of a sudden going to transform into an all everything guy.

He’s a solid player. I’m just not sure where some of these predictions come from that as a fifth year guy moving to a better conference with another post scorer on his team he’s all of a sudden going to transform into an all everything guy.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Nor do I think he will make the guys around him better like ware did.
At least ware could bring his man out with the possibility of hitting outside shots. Unless Reneau can do that, and maybe he will be able to, then Ballo will just clog the lane with Reneau and for others. Guess we will see tho

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
I am sure it won’t happen, but DJ looks like the player who could benefit most from a redshirt to my eyes. The sky is the limit for him, but he is just so thin that I feel like he will be pushed around in the physical Big Ten. I could see him being completely dominant later in his college career after he adds some strength.

His body type reminds me of Jujuan Johnson, except that he is a lot taller.

I suppose the argument against DJ redshirting is that he will go pro before his fifth season. I could sort of buy that, but it assumes a lot. I don’t think we know what will be best for him at this point.

Reactions: Schnelk
I am sure it won’t happen, but DJ looks like the player who could benefit most from a redshirt to my eyes. The sky is the limit for him, but he is just so thin that I feel like he will be pushed around in the physical Big Ten. I could see him being completely dominant later in his college career after he adds some strength.

I suppose the argument against DJ redshirting is that he will go pro before his fifth season. I could sort of buy that, but it assumes a lot. I don’t think we know what will be best for him at this point.
I think I'm to the point where I don't want anyone to redshirt ever. With the transfer portal, it's unlikely guys will play 5 years for Purdue even if they do redshirt so I'd prefer guys get whatever minutes they can and/or be ready if injury happens.

Jacobson and Burgess will see more benefit from getting some run in games early in the season than redshirting IMO. And with Furst being the only projected loss next season (and the Final Four being in Indy), I want everyone to get as much game experience as possible. The lone exception would be Benter because he may be 2 years away from contributing given the logjam we project to have at the wing.

I don't think he will be dominate either like Iv'e heard. Just want the season to begin to see if my guesses come true on a few things.
I just don’t get why they think that? He’s never dominated in 4 years? Maybe he will now dominate kids 4-5 years younger than him?

JJ may be a good comparison. Xavier Booker at MSU may be another. Both started the season overmatched, but became factors by the end of the season. I'm glad DJ won't have to carry a big load, if he doesn't RS.

think I'm to the point where I don't want anyone to redshirt ever. With the transfer portal, it's unlikely guys will play 5 years for Purdue even if they do redshirt so I'd prefer guys get whatever minutes they can and/or be ready if injury happens.
I used to feel this way, but Sasha and Mason did both stay for 5 years. We’ll see with Waddell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT