ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats and Facebook = Bad News

C’mon AtlLouisCrayBoneFishbowlFreedom
(future name to be determined), be best

Interesting to read PF1PUBVU one and the same posts here. Gawd the two of you are just freaky. BTW I am only one and post under one name. get over it ***hole

• Haha
Reactions: PUBV
He may be the most unstable of the bunch. They say liberalism is a mental disorder and he may be on the poster advertising the next Democratic National Convention.
Ahh yes, the board name changing slut has words to say about being stable.

Ahh yes, the board name changing slut has words to say about being stable.
And you have no words when asked about your information sources. Village People Twitter and CNN don’t count btw. Just tell us the Democratic rags you follow like the Bible and we can all move on with our weekend.

Reactions: Crayfish57
And you have no words when asked about your information sources. Village People Twitter and CNN don’t count btw. Just tell us the Democratic rags you follow like the Bible and we can all move on with our weekend.
Sounds like you need the Bible, what with your gay bashing and other hate that you spread on here. It’s sad that you hate yourself so much. WWJD?

Sounds like you need the Bible, what with your gay bashing and other hate that you spread on here. It’s sad that you hate yourself so much. WWJD?
These information sources must be private or behind a paywall. I’m willing to pay to be as informed as you think you are so please share.

There is a difference between disagreement and misinformed info. You apparently do not understand this nuance. One could as easily say your posts are missinformed.....as I will point out below....

The Biden regime are not telling them to clean up posts.....as you say..... they are actually pointing out posts the Biden administration want removed.......quote from Jen Psaki "We are flagging problematic posts"

This "We".....is the Biden regime authoritarian control on speech clear and simple. To say otherwise is less than genuine. So I guess using your words......you are the one missinformed here.

After all the many times Government officials in both R & Dem admins have been wrong, wrong, wrong in tbis Covid deal....they have no credibility whatsoever. So who are these Gov arbiters of truth??? Given the Gov. history on Covid....A post flagged today might be tommorrows truth. LoL.

This is an interesting topic. I think it is fair to *NOT* want governments to censor information, as we've seen how terrible it can be in authoritarian countries like China and North Korea.

So if as the OP said, "The White House is flagging posts on Facebook!", how concerned should we be?

First, flagging posts on Facebook is very common. You can flag posts on Facebook too if it violates the platform's policy. Heck, you can flag even if it doesn't. So WH flagging posts on Facebook by itself isn't that much of a concern.

Now, it is not unreasonable to assume posts that WH flags will get expedited treatment, perhaps even an automatic block. Should that be allowed?

The argument for allowing this is to stop disinformation. We are fighting a pandemic, and very often we need EVERYONE to work together in order to defeat it. Take vaccination as an example. To reach herd immunity, we need enough fraction of the population to get vaccinated. But if disinformation is rampant, and there are reasons to believe adversary countries like Russia and China are actively spreading disinformation in the U.S., shall we just sit back and do nothing?

(Speaking of vaccine, 99% of hospitalized patients are unvaccinated. It's tragic that something that could have been prevented isn't, because a lot of folks are too skeptical and take on unnecessary risk, which not only hurt themselves but hurt community as a whole)

I think it doesn't have to be either-or. There can be compromise. Allow the Surgeon General to have the authority to flag posts that they deem to be spreading disinformation, but they should keep a list and allow watchdogs to audit, to ensure that the posts indeed meet some guideline / threshold to be considered disinformation.

Otherwise, what is your proposal to counter the disinformation campaign from foreign adversaries?

You are calling others misinformed so I assume you consider yourself informed? Where can we be informed like you?

Some suggestions:

• Step out of your echo chamber.
  • Read voraciously across a broad range of topics.
  • Be curious.
  • Be humble.
  • Stay open-minded.
  • Respectfully engage in civil arguments with others holding a differing opinion, and listen with the assumption that the other side is not stupid.
  • Expand your media consumption across the entire political spectrum.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
This is an interesting topic. I think it is fair to *NOT* want governments to censor information, as we've seen how terrible it can be in authoritarian countries like China and North Korea.

So if as the OP said, "The White House is flagging posts on Facebook!", how concerned should we be?

First, flagging posts on Facebook is very common. You can flag posts on Facebook too if it violates the platform's policy. Heck, you can flag even if it doesn't. So WH flagging posts on Facebook by itself isn't that much of a concern.

Now, it is not unreasonable to assume posts that WH flags will get expedited treatment, perhaps even an automatic block. Should that be allowed?

The argument for allowing this is to stop disinformation. We are fighting a pandemic, and very often we need EVERYONE to work together in order to defeat it. Take vaccination as an example. To reach herd immunity, we need enough fraction of the population to get vaccinated. But if disinformation is rampant, and there are reasons to believe adversary countries like Russia and China are actively spreading disinformation in the U.S., shall we just sit back and do nothing?

(Speaking of vaccine, 99% of hospitalized patients are unvaccinated. It's tragic that something that could have been prevented isn't, because a lot of folks are too skeptical and take on unnecessary risk, which not only hurt themselves but hurt community as a whole)

I think it doesn't have to be either-or. There can be compromise. Allow the Surgeon General to have the authority to flag posts that they deem to be spreading disinformation, but they should keep a list and allow watchdogs to audit, to ensure that the posts indeed meet some guideline / threshold to be considered disinformation.

Otherwise, what is your proposal to counter the disinformation campaign from foreign adversaries?

Good discussion but points.....

1 The Biden administration is not flagging posts... they are using the authorization power of government telling Facebook which posts it regards as "problematic" so that Facebook can remove them........and yes you are correct, they will get what they want, that goes without saying.

2. As far as Covid, like I said.....A post flagged today as misinformation....might just turn out to be true in some tomorrow. The government officials simply have been wrong too many times....Like they are on many subjects. Simply cannot trust government because money & politicians are involved.

Reactions: Sophie1970
Don't know how it took so long for the trump republicans to hang the authoritarian label on the Biden admin. It was near the top of Trump's list of irredeemable qualities......all of which must be projected on Biden, in spades.

Stop lying and stuff won't get taken down. And no, there are no alternative facts.

• Haha
There is a difference between disagreement and misinformed info. You apparently do not understand this nuance. One could as easily say your posts are missinformed.....as I will point out below....

The Biden regime are not telling them to clean up posts.....as you say..... they are actually pointing out posts the Biden administration want removed.......quote from Jen Psaki "We are flagging problematic posts"

This "We".....is the Biden regime authoritarian control on speech clear and simple. To say otherwise is less than genuine. So I guess using your words......you are the one missinformed here.

After all the many times Government officials in both R & Dem admins have been wrong, wrong, wrong in tbis Covid deal....they have no credibility whatsoever. So who are these Gov arbiters of truth??? Given the Gov. history on Covid....A post flagged today might be tommorrows truth. LoL.

Wrong like......the vaccine works? Almost everyone in a hospital in this country with Covid is unvaccinated.

• Haha
Some suggestions:

• Step out of your echo chamber.
  • Read voraciously across a broad range of topics.
  • Be curious.
  • Be humble.
  • Stay open-minded.
  • Respectfully engage in civil arguments with others holding a differing opinion, and listen with the assumption that the other side is not stupid.
  • Expand your media consumption across the entire political spectrum.

This is good advice.

Bottim line tho on this misinformation topic.....no matter the above.....there simply are no "ministers of truth" in or out of government I would trust, outside of Jesus Christ Himself. Lol

Last edited:
Don't know how it took so long for the trump republicans to hang the authoritarian label on the Biden admin. It was near the top of Trump's list of irredeemable qualities......all of which must be projected on Biden, in spades.

Stop lying and stuff won't get taken down. And no, there are no alternative facts.
The New York Post wasn’t lying with the Hunter laptop story and that got taken down. You should instead say, stop saying things that make Democrats mad. And no, there are no alternatives. It’s the Democrat line or no line at all. Big Tech is just another arm of the Democrats. When did Trump have Democrat misinformation removed from social media with the help from those platforms? You know the Democrats are the authoritarian party. It just hasn’t hit your Democrat Twitter feed yet.

Last edited:
Wrong like......the vaccine works? Almost everyone in a hospital in this country with Covid is unvaccinated.

No.

Wrong like mask advice.

Wrong like advice to vaccinate children

And in the future....or maybe now....
1. What is wrong is when government tells Facebook to flag posts of people who have negative experiences with the shot. Those experiences are valid.
2. Or Government wanting parents flagged if they have negative opinions about vaccinations and their kids. I can see that happening....if it isn't already.

Good discussion but points.....

1 The Biden administration is not flagging posts... they are using the authorization power of government telling Facebook which posts it regards as "problematic" so that Facebook can remove them........and yes you are correct, they will get what they want, that goes without saying.

2. As far as Covid, like I said.....A post flagged today as misinformation....might just turn out to be true in some tomorrow. The government officials simply have been wrong too many times....Like they are on many subjects. Simply cannot trust government because money & politicians are involved.

I hear your concern and not wanting to have a "Ministry of Truth." Me neither.

Can we agree that foreign adversaries like Russia and China are actively engaging in disinformation campaign in America?

So my question to you is, what is your proposal to counter the disinformation campaign from foreign adversaries? Shall the WH allowed FB to be used as a tool for Russia to spread disinformation?

No.

Wrong like mask advice.

Wrong like advice to vaccinate children

And in the future....or maybe now....
1. What is wrong is when government tells Facebook to flag posts of people who have negative experiences with the shot. Those experiences are valid.
2. Or Government wanting parents flagged if they have negative opinions about vaccinations and their kids. I can see that happening....if it isn't already.
I don't know what mask advice was wrong.....other than Fauci's original statement.......and there was a reason for that. If you're in the camp that masks didn't work there's no reason to continue that discussion.

Teenagers are getting sick and in the hospital all over the country due to Delta variant. There isn't a vaccine for children. What are you referring to?

Really sorry that the experts didn't say and do everything completely right from the beginning of a pandemic from a disease we didn't know about so many you guys have something to bitch about. A lot of that was under the trump admin BTW.

In the future? Well when the government starts censoring posts of people that had negative experiences or flagging parents then we can have that discussion. At this point your argument is based not on something that has not happened.......but on what you fear might happen.

Why don't you post your fears on FB.......and you'll be doing exactly what the government is trying to stop. Spreading misinformation and fear. You don't even freaking realize you're doing it.

Butbutbut the right isn't spreading any anti vaccine BS.

Last edited:
I hear your concern and not wanting to have a "Ministry of Truth." Me neither.

Can we agree that foreign adversaries like Russia and China are actively engaging in disinformation campaign in America?

So my question to you is, what is your proposal to counter the disinformation campaign from foreign adversaries? Shall the WH allowed FB to be used as a tool for Russia to spread disinformation?

Agree foreign disinformation ikely happens.

However, how does one tell it is from a foreign adversary vs say your standard R or D idiot posting it? My general reaction is you can't.

My secondary reaction is.....just rely on the reader, most I have no confidencein short term.....but.Long term.....they figure truth out eventually.

Interesting to read PF1PUBVU one and the same posts here. Gawd the two of you are just freaky. BTW I am only one and post under one name. get over it ***hole
Kkkray, as I said to your other self, FishAtlooieCrayFreeBoneFish, be best

I don't know what mask advice was wrong.....other than Fauci's original statement.......and there was a reason for that. If you're in the camp that masks didn't work there's no reason to continue that discussion.

Teenagers are getting sick and in the hospital all over the country due to Delta variant. There isn't a vaccine for children. What are you referring to?

Really sorry that the experts didn't say and do everything completely right from the beginning of a pandemic from a disease we didn't know about so many you guys have something to bitch about. A lot of that was under the trump admin BTW.

In the future? Well when the government starts censoring posts of people that had negative experiences or flagging parents then we can have that discussion. At this point your argument is based not on something that has happened.......but on what you fear might happen.

Why don't you post your fears on FB.......and you'll be doing exactly what the government is trying to stop. Spreading misinformation and fear. You don't even freaking realize you're doing it.

Butbutbut the right isn't spreading any anti vaccine BS.

You are the TYPE I worry about....when it comes to types like you in Government......thinks they are right all the time.....when half the time they are partly or totally wrong. And there are lots of your misinformed types in media and in government.

For example masks....
1. Wrong info at the beginning...you admitted only that. ....plenty more you left out or are missinformed about....
2. Wrong info on effectiveness of wearing mask outdoors which was reccomend and later recended. Which was right?
3. Wrong on telling elementary children to wear them when it was doccumented they were not adverslly effected by the virus, or did not readily spread it.... thus little to no reason to wear them.
4. Wrong on telling kids to wear masks outside at camps in 95 degree weather. Multiple reasons this is wrong.
5. How many masks are needed anyway, 1, 2? This has changed over time. Which was the trurh?
6. Wrong to tell us to continue wearing after vaccinated. This was later recended after they finally realized the illogic of telling us the vaccine was good....but you still need a mask. Lol.
7. There is actual science accordong to WIBC and medical folks I interact with that shows masks are ineffective AS WORN by the public.....for example wadding it up in pocket...then rewearing, or throwing it in the car door....then rewearing, touching it with hands, etc. The masks the general public uses are not worn and cared for correctly according to the medical experts I interact with.

I dont have time or inclination to point out your other errors.....but thanks for being exhibit A on why types like you shouldn't be a so called minister of truth in government. Lol.

Last edited:
You are the TYPE I worry about....when it comes to types like you in Government......thinks they are right all the time.....when half the time they are partly or totally wrong. And there are lots of your type in media and in government.

For example masks....
1. Wrong info at the beginning...you admitted that.
2. Wrong info on effectiveness of wearing mask outdoors which was reccomend and later recended. Which was right?
3. Wrong on telling elementary children to wear them when it was doccumented they were not adverslly effected by the virus, or did not readily spread it.... thus little to no reason to wear them.
4. Wrong on telling kids to wear masks outside at camps in 95 degree weather. Multiple reasons this is wrong.
5. How many masks are needed anyway, 1, 2? This has changed over time. Which was the trurh?
6. Wrong to tell us to continue wearing after vaccinated. This was later recended after they finally realized the illogic of telling us the vaccine was good....but you still need a mask. Lol.
7. There is actual science accordong to WIBC and medical folks I interact with that shows masks are ineffective AS WORN by the public.....for example wadding it up in pocket...then rewearing, or throwing it in the car door....then rewearing, touching it with hands, etc. The masks the general public uses are not worn and cared for correctly according to the medical experts I interact with.

I dont have time or inclination to point out your other errors.....but thanks for being exhibit A on why types like you shouldn't be a so called minister of truth in government. Lol.
Builderbob is a joke based completely on hating Trump. Without Trump hatred his life would be devoid of pretty much anything

Agree foreign disinformation ikely happens.

Glad that we have a common ground to build upon.

However, how does one tell it is from a foreign adversary vs say your standard R or D idiot posting it? My general reaction is you can't.

I agree it'll be difficult to tell. But we may not need to know. If it's wrong / misleading / dumb, then flag it and block it is one possible solution.

My secondary reaction is.....just rely on the reader, most I have no confidencein short term.....but.Long term.....they figure truth out eventually.

Really? If you can't even trust BuilderBob6 to know what is true or not, you think other readers will? I can assure you that BuilderBob6 is not unique. There are a lot more people who are even farther on the left than him.

Second, how long is long term? A pandemic might not allow you to wait for long. Furthermore, for things that are subjected to exponential growth, if one can kill it at the beginning, the damage could be minimal with the least amount of pain. The longer you wait, the worse it gets. Just like the variant. If the virus keeps spreading, it will keep mutating, and the worst fear is that it will mutate to a variant that renders the vaccine ineffective. We might not have a luxury of "long term."

So my question to you remains, knowing that we are not just fighting against the virus but also racing against time and might not be able to afford a "long term," do you have a better solution to combat disinformation campaign other than "just let the readers figure it out"? If the US President knows foreign adversaries trying to cripple our democracy with a disinformation campaign on FB, do you suggest him to do nothing?

I agree it'll be difficult to tell. But we may not need to know. If it's wrong / misleading / dumb, then flag it and block it is one possible solution.

Really? If you can't even trust BuilderBob6 to know what is true or not, you think other readers will? I can assure you that BuilderBob6 is not unique. There are a lot more people who are even farther on the left than him.

Second, how long is long term? A pandemic might not allow you to wait for long. Furthermore, for things that are subjected to exponential growth, if one can kill it at the beginning, the damage could be minimal with the least amount of pain. The longer you wait, the worse it gets. Just like the variant. If the virus keeps spreading, it will keep mutating, and the worst fear is that it will mutate to a variant that renders the vaccine ineffective. We might not have a luxury of "long term."

So my question to you remains, knowing that we are not just fighting against the virus but also racing against time and might not be able to afford a "long term," do you have a better solution to combat disinformation campaign other than "just let the readers figure it out"? If the US President knows foreign adversaries trying to cripple our democracy with a disinformation campaign on FB, do you suggest him to do nothing?

I know the evil of a government that decides what is "truth" is way more of a problem than anything else you posted. There is simply no one that can be trusted as the short term bearer of truth....but yet we see people desperately trying because narratives have to be pushed.

Forgot to answer how long is long term?? I guess since the media pushed the Russia hoax on Trump for 4 years.....perhaps longer than that. Lol.

You are the TYPE I worry about....when it comes to types like you in Government......thinks they are right all the time.....when half the time they are partly or totally wrong. And there are lots of your misinformed types in media and in government.

For example masks....
1. Wrong info at the beginning...you admitted only that. ....plenty more you left out or are missinformed about....

Again, you expect the scientific community to get everything correct, right from the start about an unknown virus. Do you live in the real world? Is that how things work in your life experiences? FFS, how many things did TRUMP GET WRONG? You want a list?

The government isn't right all the time. But they also aren't guilty of every crazy accusation that gets posted on social media. You people are ready to believe almost anything someone chooses to accuse them of.........with no evidence at all. You're the people who scare me. Never trust the government, never trust the other party, only believe those that think like you do. The FBI was behind 1/6? You better bring more than a Tucker Carlson fantasy for me to believe that.

You don't have time to go further.......because the low hanging fruit is masks. Maaaaaasks. lol. I'm so sorry for the indignity people had to endure, the inconvenience, the massive restriction they placed on your FREEDOM! Just to save lives.

You know, the federal government never mandated masks like you guys said they would. Haven't vaccinated kids like you just said. States made the rules, just like your savior said they should. Private companies made their own rules, I'm sure you agree they have the right to do. All this bitching about the federal government instituting anything is just hogwash, misinformation and fear mongering, like your last post. Who should I be more pissed off at?

Last edited:

You are the TYPE I worry about ... when it comes to being overconfident ... think they are right all the time ... when half the time they don't consider the entire picture. And there are lots of people like you in echo chambers.

For example ...

It isn't about right or wrong, but about risk management. If taking a pill might make you more energetic for the next 20 minutes 90% of the time, but it might make you paralyzed for life 10% of the time, will you recommend your friend to take it? I hope you won't. Because it isn't worth it. You friend could take it and 90% of the time he will actually be better off (more energetic for the next 20 mins), but it will still be a bad idea to make that recommendation.

First of all, can you pls provide a link to the document that says children did not spread virus?

Second, and again it is simple risk management.

When it wasn't clear how effective masks exactly are, but foreign countries that have a mask-wearing culture (e.g. Japan) have lower infection rate than non-mask-wearing countries (e.g. Italy), a logical person should deduce that while we are unsure on the exact effectiveness of mask-wearing,

i. If it is effective, wearing a mask saves lives, which is a HUGE, HUGE benefit
ii. If it is effective but I don't wear it, it might cost my life, which is a HUGE, HUGE negative
iii. If it is ineffective, wearing a mask is inconvenience, which is a slight negative
iv. If it is ineffective, not wearing a mask doesn't bring inconvenience, which is neutral, or at best a slight positive

People with risk-management skill should choose to wear a mask, simply because the risk/reward ratio favors it.

It depends on the quality of the mask. Also, just b/c something is changing doesn't mean it is not true. For example, Einstein physics fixes some holes in Newtonian Physics. But until Einstein came along, people have been using Newtonian Physics to make calculation just fine. Is Newtonian Physics "wrong"? Not necessarily wrong, but not entirely right.

And that's with all kinds of knowledge. As we accumulate more data and learn more about something, we adjust our assessment. We can only go by the information we have at the current moment. It is wrong to accuse decisions made in the past based on the information that are only available after the decision. That's hindsight bias.

While we are at it, let me also add that I am against people judging historical figures using the moral standard of today. For example, I don't think it is fair to criticize someone for owning a slave when slavery was legal and widely acceptable in society. That said, if the slave owner was excessively cruel to the slaves, then he might deserve criticism.

Well, I blame that more on people who refuse to allow a vaccine passport. Without a vaccine passport, there is no way to prove who is vaccinated or not, so one can only go by an honor system. If we can't trust people will adhere to the honor system, then the only solution is to require everyone for wearing a mask. Again, it is more a matter of risk management - we should be willing to pay a low cost if it can help reduce the damage of a catastrophe. It's why you buy insurance. If your house isn't burned down after a year, it isn't "wrong" for you to buy insurance. It's just sensible risk managment.

True, Americans are pitifully ignorant when it comes to correct mask-wearing. Again, I've lived in Hong Kong, and people there are painstakingly careful about proper mask-wearing. Japan probably more so. If your mask doesn't cover your nose, you'll be frowned upon. They even preached special way to take off the mask and how to handle a used mask.

So the problem might not be that mask-wearing is ineffective, but rather Americans just don't know how to properly do so. I blame the government and health officials for not properly educating the public.

Let's assume you are right. Let's say BoilerBob6 is indeed so pitifully wrong. Do you think he is the only one who is like that? Or do you think a lot of people are also misinformed like him? So where does he get all the wrong info? Is he (and many others) subject to a disinformation campaign? Should the government do something about it, or just let more people turn into Bob?

Last edited:
I know the evil of a government that decides what is "truth" is way more of a problem than anything else you posted. There is simply no one that can be trusted as the short term bearer of truth....but yet we see people desperately trying because narratives have to be pushed.

OK, that's your opinion and I respect that. Your assumption is that governments are evil, so if we let them to decide what "truth" is, it is the biggest problem and needs to be avoided at all costs.

That's a valid opinion, probably more applicable to authoritarian regime like China or North Korea, where the leaders there need to have a tight grip on power or else they risk being overthrown and possibly killed.

But for a democracy like the USA, other people might assume the government is not as evil, or at least there are enough watchdogs and voters to ensure they don't get as bad. Therefore, it is not the biggest problem, and in certain cases, when the cost is high (e.g. a global pandemic), one might decide the lesser evil is to give them temporary power to get through the crisis.

That's also a valid opinion.

As I've said repeatedly, the world is not as black and white as people think. Between two extremes there are usually a wide range of spectrum, and the key is to find the right balance in between.

It's just like between the two extremes of no government involvement whatsoever (anarchy) and government running EVERYTHING, where's the optimal? Discussing where the optimal is is a lot more productive than just demonizing the other side as Marxist / Communist, or blood-sucking Capitalist pig. Those are just meaningless labels.

This person should be banned from all social media platforms.

Find me some repressive, authoritarian government actions and then we will talk. Telling Facebook to clean up misinformation (which is what many people have been clamoring for ) isn’t a form of communism. I’m not thrilled that the government wants to step in here, but at the same time, after seeing what you and others post on here and how misinformed you are because you lap that nonsense up, I’m not upset about it.
The problem is Facebook gets to determine what the disinformation is.
Was Hunter Biden’s lap top disinformation? The debate, in the medical community continues whether masks for children are beneficial or harmful. Just a couple of examples.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT