ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell just showered and got back to his locker …

I thought the same, was going on all game since the zebras would not call it. Did not know that the Holding/PI rules had been changed for the NW game!

I would have liked to see it called several times more. Unfortunately it wasn’t and add to that we couldn’t get the run game going. I thought the Big Post game guys said it best. Purdue has been great at 50/50 balls all year long and we had the opportunity for 6-8 of them today and didn’t come down with any of them. I think we throw it to Bell too much but its hard not to when he is 1v1. Just wasn’t our day today but its not like NW is a bad team. They are very good and we held tough but didn’t make quite enough plays. Lets not get too down. There were times in the not so distant past I think that would have been a blow out. Lets keep fighting with that effort and see what kind of year we can have. Boiler Up!

Exactly...

I can’t believe northwestern fans are proud of selling out and taking a IMG Andre rison wanna be at a school like that
I'm very proud of Greg Newsome. He was academic all-conference for two seasons at Glenbard North before transferring to IMG. He enrolled early at NU and is majoring in Economics. Bright kid who has battled through injuries to play this season.

There's no reason to behave like a chode towards a kid you don't even know.

You’re proud of his Deion Sanders routine and double jersey grabbing huh? How come none of the rest of your kids other than 11 got in the face of players who weren’t in their face?

That stud wide receiver of yours managed to celebrate with class?

Can’t wait to watch that kid get a reality check in the pros. The newsome bell matchup will go waaay different. If he can even match up with bell using nfl rules
Man you are really pissy about this. Emotion is only OK when it's shown by a player on your team, I guess.

He was matched up against one of the top receivers in the country and held his own. I'd be pretty pumped, too, if I was in his shoes.

Not surprised to see you guys conjure up another excuse for a loss. You rush for 8 yards the entire game but hand fighting between a corner and the one receiver your QB chooses to target is the real reason you lose? Ok, dude.

Man you are really pissy about this. Emotion is only OK when it's shown by a player on your team, I guess.

He was matched up against one of the top receivers in the country and held his own. I'd be pretty pumped, too, if I was in his shoes.

Not surprised to see you guys conjure up another excuse for a loss. You rush for 8 yards the entire game but hand fighting between a corner and the one receiver your QB chooses to target is the real reason you lose? Ok, dude.
To further prove your point, it was only 2 rushing yards tonight. TWO. That’s shit. I could go out there and gain 2 yards. Northwestern’s defense is good, don’t get me wrong. But losing that game is 100% on Purdue. We lost that game. Execute even half of our a barrage rushing and it’s completely different

You’re proud of his Deion Sanders routine and double jersey grabbing huh? How come none of the rest of your kids other than 11 got in the face of players who weren’t in their face?

Can’t wait to watch that kid get a reality check in the pros. The newsome bell matchup will go waaay different. If he can even match up with bell using nfl rules
As a lifelong Boiler fan of 45+ years, this poster in NO WAY represents me or the Purdue that I like. Stop throwing temper tantrums. I lost money on the game. Oh well. Move on. You must live through a team you have ZERO peronal connection too or you lost a bunch of money and do not understand how to wager within your means. Grow up.

Reactions: IUhaterade

Please do not judge the fanbase by some troll throwing temper tantrums.

To further prove your point, it was only 2 rushing yards tonight. TWO. That’s shit. I could go out there and gain 2 yards. Northwestern’s defense is good, don’t get me wrong. But losing that game is 100% on Purdue. We lost that game. Execute even half of our a barrage rushing and it’s completely different
Cuckoo!!!

Reactions: BCfanatic2020

He said it in the post game interviews. When you're matched up against the #1 receiver in the Conference, you got to be talking to keep your confidence up. It's what a corner back does. Show me any quality cornerback that doesn't talk. It's part of the JD or at least a KSF. That Deion made it an artform isn't a coincidence with his level of play.

Yeah, well if you haven't noticed, we don't play in the NFL and aren't playing with NFL rules. The college rules allow limited contact after 5 yards. The refs didn't see anything wrong, but if you wanna bitch and moan about it as to that being the reason you lost, then go right ahead. It would put you in the majority of most fans in how they deal with losses, irrational or not.

Unfortunately we really missed Rondale and Karlaftis tonight. We have both I think we win easily. Oh well.

Lol limited contact moron mfer? The dude was using Both hands grabbing and yanking with no regard for the ball.

Wait till next year when bell’s stature is elevated and they are calling every call and we will see how your boy is looking then. His U routine is gonna look pretty stupid when bell drops 150 and 2 TDS on him jag off
Can’t wait.

Bell wasn’t all over anyone dude.. I will thoroughly enjoy watching you against Wisconsin this year and against Bell next year.
I am sorry you thought you were going to win and didn’t. I’m sorry you pegged this game as a “reality check” and got checked into reality. Bell was pushing off all night. Also, take a look at the call against JR Pace, where Bell was grabbing him to the ground. Bell’s a great receiver and got locked into a good battle.

lol by a team that lost their starting QB and best WR on the same play and went 4-8.

Each year we get closer to having the same experience level

Nice wanna be Deion who thinks he plays for the U but plays for a school of Drakes and Rileys.

Hey U guy.. your teammates are named drake and Riley.
I’m interested to hear what point you think you’re making with bringing up the names of Drake Anderson and Riley Lees.

To stop acting like you play for the U when you play for silver spoon u ya friggin nerd lol.

It’s our board. You don’t like what I say then go back to your board

Swagger playing for northwestern lol. It looks as stupid as Barron did in that clip
Ok, and what does it mean to “act like you play for the U”? Why can’t one have swagger playing for Northwestern? We’re onto something really interesting here, I can feel it.

It’s bizarre .. because northwestern is a respectable institution man. To see David Bell trying to ignore a guy who is talking smack. And if our player was doing that I wouldn’t like it either.
Uh huh. Ok, buddy, this was fun. When you go grab another beer from the fridge, try not to fall down. Though, if you did, I guess you’d gain more rushing yards than your offense did today 🤷‍♂️.

Uh huh. Ok, buddy, this was fun. When you go grab another beer from the fridge, try not to fall down. Though, if you did, I guess you’d gain more rushing yards than your offense did today 🤷‍♂️.

I love the U it just seemed as bizarre as the Barron clip because unlike in the U when FSU would be coming at Miami bell was just trying to walk away.

But I’m sure they were happy about outplaying us. They deserved all the accolades they got and northwestern has a classy roster top to bottom .. including 2 and 11.

They were too good for us tonight and it showed

Reactions: EvanstonCat
I thought the same, was going on all game since the zebras would not call it. Did not know that the Holding/PI rules had been changed for the NW game!

That was also true two years ago when there were two blatent miscalls on PI. One ended up being an interception for NW after another player, or two, took our receiver down.

"I just try to run hard and play with physicality," said Bell. "Greg Newsome had my number tonight. He obviously watched film of me. He knew every move I was gonna make ... "

"I just try to run hard and play with physicality," said Bell. "Greg Newsome had my number tonight. He obviously watched film of me. He knew every move I was gonna make ... "
And by "had my number" he meant, on his jersey.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT