ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Dakich..

636607106567418998-romeo-crowd-by-Dakota-Crawford.jpg
This might be our favorite IU troll right here...…..you never know LOL

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
I think he technically was bought. Dad basically said what ever apparel company pays the most to sponsor his AAU team will get a commitment to said sponsor school. However that isn't an NCAA violation and certainly nothing that IU did wrong, just beneficiaries of being an Adidas sponsored school. Most kids who play on the Nike AAU circuit end up at Nike sponsored schools and same for Adidas and Under Armour. It's been that way forever. I'm guessing Spiece Indy Heat who is sponsored by Nike, is going to get a lot of heat (no pun intended) from Nike if their two best players, TJD and Keion Brooks end up at an Adidas sponsored school such as Indiana.

And, unfortunately, a lot of people agree with you.....which is the problem. This whole damn thing is wrong.
IU...….."I know nothing"
SgtShultz.png

I was just over on the IU free board. Courtsense thinks we are in a "complete lather" over this issue. I made an attempt to point out he is exaggerating just a bit. I don't know if my comments will be appreciated.

Like most of us here, most of the IU guys don't see any issues. The text can be taken so many ways, and IU never offered this kid, so I doubt there was any corrupt behavior.

I was just over on the IU free board. Courtsense thinks we are in a "complete lather" over this issue. I made an attempt to point out he is exaggerating just a bit. I don't know if my comments will be appreciated.

Like most of us here, most of the IU guys don't see any issues. The text can be taken so many ways, and IU never offered this kid, so I doubt there was any corrupt behavior.
Math, Courtsense is mentally tested every day. My guess, and it's just that, is that Dan knows what happens at IU. He's usually had the right connections to get the news he's looking for. IU fans are hoping like hell this is nothing, but as someone said in this thread, where there's smoke....there's fire. Little Sean=Little Archie....cut from the same cloth.

Courtsense talks a lot about “lather” and “lotion”. Weird.

Reactions: Schnelk

I can't even begin to imagine the "lather" he is in over this. And what is the first thing he does? He comes over here and sees what his crazed, warped mind wants to see. o_O

Reactions: Jack_Ripper

If I wanted someone killed and I said to a hit man...’I’m offering 10k to get rid of this problem,’ does it still make it against the law if the hit man shot and missed?

The answer is yes...yes it is.

If I wanted someone killed and I said to a hit man...’I’m offering 10k to get rid of this problem,’ does it still make it against the law if the hit man shot and missed?

COnssppiracy carries the same penalty as commission. The law was made to cover the spouses conspiring to remove their spouse without ongoing expense and being four states away when the deed is done.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler

First it was comparing Romeo's recruitment to child rape, now some shoddy and opaque accusations of recruitment violation to bribing for murder. People on this board need to relax. If there was any wrongdoing it will come out and be dealt with. Until then, cool it with the grandiose rhetoric and analogies.

First it was comparing Romeo's recruitment to child rape, now some shoddy and opaque accusations of recruitment violation to bribing for murder. People on this board need to relax. If there was any wrongdoing it will come out and be dealt with. Until then, cool it with the grandiose rhetoric and analogies.
Nobody compared Romeo's recruitment to murder. Jesus Burly, read the f-king post better before you croak this crap on the board. It was a discussion of what constitutes conspiracy.

Sorry, but not feeling very kind this morning.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
Nobody compared Romeo's recruitment to murder. Jesus Burly, read the f-king post better before you croak this crap on the board. It was a discussion of what constitutes conspiracy.

Sorry, but not feeling very kind this morning.

How about YOU read my post first, because that's not even what I said. You can conspire to do far less egregious things than murder anyways, which is my point. People fly off the handle with hyperbole when it's really not necessary (yes I know its 2018). Chill

How about YOU read my post first, because that's not even what I said. You can conspire to do far less egregious things than murder anyways, which is my point. People fly off the handle with hyperbole when it's really not necessary (yes I know its 2018). Chill
Actually, you said someone compared Romeo’s recruitment to “bribing for murder”. So technically you are correct in your last post. However, your statement is still in error because no one compared the two. Only you drew the comparison from the post explaining conspiracy. With that said, I think I will let this alone. My correction to your post was about as useful as your first post. Your purpose was to advise folks to chill, and I will take that advice. Thanks.

Actually, you said someone compared Romeo’s recruitment to “bribing for murder”. So technically you are correct in your last post. However, your statement is still in error because no one compared the two. Only you drew the comparison from the post explaining conspiracy. With that said, I think I will let this alone. My correction to your post was about as useful as your first post. Your purpose was to advise folks to chill, and I will take that advice. Thanks.

Forget it, not going to elaborate on my original post when you've clearly misinterpreted what I was saying to begin with. Speaking of two entirely separate incidents utilizing hyperbole, the first was several months ago involving Romeo, the second being this thread. Many other participants on the board will recognize the Romeo "rape" comment to what I was originally referring.

COnssppiracy carries the same penalty as commission. The law was made to cover the spouses conspiring to remove their spouse without ongoing expense and being four states away when the deed is done.

Let’s say I want to do a robbery. I plan it out, I mask up, I have my gun and I drive up to the store. If I pace around outside but don’t go in and drive off, I have not committed robbery. Other crimes? Possibly.

Luckily, the NCAA doesn’t play by the same rules. They absolutely could punish reference the findings and statements. It’s very likely IU attempted to pay for a player and therefore should be punished. Will they? No. They want this to go away, not fix it. They will do a half-ass investigation, draw it out, and say there wasn’t enough (a-la UNC).

Keep in mind, Louisville and Arizona turned right around and are landing top recruits. There is literally zero punishment. Same with Kansas.

Reactions: Roeder
Let’s say I want to do a robbery. I plan it out, I mask up, I have my gun and I drive up to the store. If I pace around outside but don’t go in and drive off, I have not committed robbery. Other crimes? Possibly.

Luckily, the NCAA doesn’t play by the same rules. They absolutely could punish reference the findings and statements. It’s very likely IU attempted to pay for a player and therefore should be punished. Will they? No. They want this to go away, not fix it. They will do a half-ass investigation, draw it out, and say there wasn’t enough (a-la UNC).

Keep in mind, Louisville and Arizona turned right around and are landing top recruits. There is literally zero punishment. Same with Kansas.

Serious question, where does it imply or does the impression come off that Indiana paid the player or attempted to pay the player? They never offered him a scholarship?? What does the NCAA have that could punish Indiana? A second hand story from a guy who was testifying who was already caught lying once? I guess I just don’t get it.

Reactions: echs86
Serious question, where does it imply or does the impression come off that Indiana paid the player or attempted to pay the player? They never offered him a scholarship?? What does the NCAA have that could punish Indiana? A second hand story from a guy who was testifying who was already caught lying once? I guess I just don’t get it.

Fair question, it doesn’t. At most it could create the impression that they were willing to pay.

From my perspective it’s not about the NCAA actually having any evidence. Rather, the implication is that if they were willing to pay here, it seems highly likely that they were willing to pay other recruits. One could further extrapolate that if they were willing to pay other recruits, they likely have actually done so at some point.

I can see where IU fans would be more concerned about what could be proved though.

Fair question, it doesn’t. At most it could create the impression that they were willing to pay.

From my perspective it’s not about the NCAA actually having any evidence. Rather, the implication is that if they were willing to pay here, it seems highly likely that they were willing to pay other recruits. One could further extrapolate that if they were willing to pay other recruits, they likely have actually done so at some point.

I can see where IU fans would be more concerned about what could be proved though.

I agree. I’m sure IU fans don’t like the fact their assistant coaches name was brought up in court, but at the same time if you actually break it down and connect the dots it makes sense.

Lasko was in Bloomington, presumably meeting his son who was a walk in on the basketball team. Lasko runs the Florida Vipers AAU program which produces a bunch of talent. I’m sure the IU coaches aren’t dumb and know this as well they know the Vipers have a 5* recruit. IU’s coach name is brought up in court because Gassnola (Adidas rep and middle man for de Sousa) while testifying recalled Lasko sending a text to de Sousa’s guardian asking if had interest in Indiana and that “Indiana would do whatever it takes”. That could literally mean anything but yet doesn’t imply anything. We know Indiana never offered de Sousa, we know de Sousa never visited or even drew any kind of interest towards Indiana, so in all likelihood I find it hard to believe that Indiana would be paying money to someone who had no interest going there. I also find it plausible, since de Sousa’s guardian had his hand out, probably named their terms and Indiana immediately stepped away. Given all the info, that’s a lot more plausible than any conspiracy I’ve seen simply based on a second hand account of “we’ll do whatever it takes”.

Reactions: echs86 and mathboy

Stick, this is about the FBI, not so much the NCAA. It's going to get hotter.

I agree. I’m sure IU fans don’t like the fact their assistant coaches name was brought up in court, but at the same time if you actually break it down and connect the dots it makes sense.

Lasko was in Bloomington, presumably meeting his son who was a walk in on the basketball team. Lasko runs the Florida Vipers AAU program which produces a bunch of talent. I’m sure the IU coaches aren’t dumb and know this as well they know the Vipers have a 5* recruit. IU’s coach name is brought up in court because Gassnola (Adidas rep and middle man for de Sousa) while testifying recalled Lasko sending a text to de Sousa’s guardian asking if had interest in Indiana and that “Indiana would do whatever it takes”. That could literally mean anything but yet doesn’t imply anything. We know Indiana never offered de Sousa, we know de Sousa never visited or even drew any kind of interest towards Indiana, so in all likelihood I find it hard to believe that Indiana would be paying money to someone who had no interest going there. I also find it plausible, since de Sousa’s guardian had his hand out, probably named their terms and Indiana immediately stepped away. Given all the info, that’s a lot more plausible than any conspiracy I’ve seen simply based on a second hand account of “we’ll do whatever it takes”.
So is De Sousa gonna be eligible or not?

That is the big question people are ignoring.

Is there anyone here dumb enough to think Langford wasn’t bought? I’m sure he just loved those candy stripe pajamas they wear

I think he technically was bought. Dad basically said what ever apparel company pays the most to sponsor his AAU team will get a commitment to said sponsor school. However that isn't an NCAA violation and certainly nothing that IU did wrong, just beneficiaries of being an Adidas sponsored school. Most kids who play on the Nike AAU circuit end up at Nike sponsored schools and same for Adidas and Under Armour. It's been that way forever. I'm guessing Spiece Indy Heat who is sponsored by Nike, is going to get a lot of heat (no pun intended) from Nike if their two best players, TJD and Keion Brooks end up at an Adidas sponsored school such as Indiana.
If Ky did that all the IU fans would be blasting them for cheating. It’s Iu! So that makes it ok.
Don’t know if this latest will result in anything but the Romeo recruitment stinks. He was a Louisville lean and they got in trouble. Then he was a Kansas lean and they got in trouble. Gee does anybody really think this was all coincidence? What a joke.

Reactions: Schnelk
If Ky did that all the IU fans would be blasting them for cheating. It’s Iu! So that makes it ok.
Don’t know if this latest will result in anything but the Romeo recruitment stinks. He was a Louisville lean and they got in trouble. Then he was a Kansas lean and they got in trouble. Gee does anybody really think this was all coincidence? What a joke.
He was never a kansas lean lol. I'm just glad he and his family resisted the urge to take all the money Self was inevitably offering them... ;)

So is De Sousa gonna be eligible or not?

That is the big question people are ignoring.

NCAA hasn’t ruled, but KU is holding him out. He played all of last year though so if the NCAA strips him of his eligibility for losing his amateur status KU could possibly be looking at some vacated wins in the games he played.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Slightly off topic: How do we know if a player is or isn't offered? The recruiting sites only report what the kid announces. Sometimes we find they are wrong and the school didn't offer and sometimes we are surprised to learn that a kid was holding a scholarship offer. There is no official NCAA site that tracks this.

If a kid was offered and turned it down on the spot, neither the kid nor the school would see a reason to broadcast it. In fact, it's likely that the school isn't allowed to announce it.

NCAA hasn’t ruled, but KU is holding him out. He played all of last year though so if the NCAA strips him of his eligibility for losing his amateur status KU could possibly be looking at some vacated wins in the games he played.
Thought I read they were holding him out.

NCAA won’t do anything because they are the NCAA and they don’t punish Kansas. Florida A&M State better watch out thoug.....

Thought I read they were holding him out.

NCAA won’t do anything because they are the NCAA and they don’t punish Kansas. Florida A&M State better watch out thoug.....

They are holding him out this year. Maybe wasn’t clear enough, but he played last year including in the F4 game. If the NCAA does rule he received impermissible benefits prior to enrolling at KU, every game he played in theoretically should be vacated. Now will anything happen? Doubt it. But KU isn’t going to risk playing him this year with everything that has come if the NCAA makes a ruling mid season.

What some of you are forgetting is that Romeo's name was brought up by the FBI regarding the investigation. Lot's of times I've read on here, "Where there's smoke, there's fire." I have to believe there's kindling and an Ohio Blue Tip somewhere in Bloomington.

They are holding him out this year. Maybe wasn’t clear enough, but he played last year including in the F4 game. If the NCAA does rule he received impermissible benefits prior to enrolling at KU, every game he played in theoretically should be vacated. Now will anything happen? Doubt it. But KU isn’t going to risk playing him this year with everything that has come if the NCAA makes a ruling mid season.
You were clear. I was just using my internet sarcasm to point out the NCAA won’t do anything to punish Kansas.

Reactions: ChuckJr

Talk to an attorney about "Conspiracy to commit..." It carries the same penalties as committing. _ I'm going to tell a long story below, so don't read further if not interested.

About twenty years ago, two guys were riding around drinking, they ran out of beer and didn't have any money. The passenger told the driver to drive to a small liquor store. He drove there and the passenger went in, then came out with a case of beer. The driver was happy. They drove home. The next day the cops interviewed them both. The driver told the cops exactly what had happened. The cops told him that the passenger had murdered the man in the liquor store. They both were arrested and charged with murder. The driver was astonished as he knew nothing about it and didn't make a plea deal (bad attorney's advice perhaps, I don't know. I only know the attorney who teaches this situation in his paralegal class). The driver/murderer makes a plea deal and gets life. The driver goes to trial and is found guilty of murder as a person who helped the murderer commit murder. For some reason that I don't understand... the jury gave him the death penalty. For taking his buddy to the liquor store. The MAIN point that the attorney teaches in this class is to NEVER say a word to a cop other than "I am happy to cooperate and will do so only in the presence of my attorney." Don't try to understand the laws and never think you are right about them.

Reactions: beenther1s
Talk to an attorney about "Conspiracy to commit..." It carries the same penalties as committing. _ I'm going to tell a long story below, so don't read further if not interested.

About twenty years ago, two guys were riding around drinking, they ran out of beer and didn't have any money. The passenger told the driver to drive to a small liquor store. He drove there and the passenger went in, then came out with a case of beer. The driver was happy. They drove home. The next day the cops interviewed them both. The driver told the cops exactly what had happened. The cops told him that the passenger had murdered the man in the liquor store. They both were arrested and charged with murder. The driver was astonished as he knew nothing about it and didn't make a plea deal (bad attorney's advice perhaps, I don't know. I only know the attorney who teaches this situation in his paralegal class). The driver/murderer makes a plea deal and gets life. The driver goes to trial and is found guilty of murder as a person who helped the murderer commit murder. For some reason that I don't understand... the jury gave him the death penalty. For taking his buddy to the liquor store. The MAIN point that the attorney teaches in this class is to NEVER say a word to a cop other than "I am happy to cooperate and will do so only in the presence of my attorney." Don't try to understand the laws and never think you are right about them.

Murder is different because there is a charge called felony murder. If you commit a crim or set up to commit a crime and it happens, you are still liable.

Was driving by Landford's dorm this weekend with my windows down. It smelled like someone was burning leaves, but there was no fires in sight. My only conclusion is that there had to be some smoke coming from Landford's dorm room.
What's that saying about 'Where there's smoke..."?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Was driving by Landford's dorm this weekend with my windows down. It smelled like someone was burning leaves, but there was no fires in sight. My only conclusion is that there had to be some smoke coming from Landford's dorm room.
What's that saying about 'Where there's smoke..."?
New room fragrance from Lysol. No one on IU's team under Little Archie would ever do drugs. TIC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT