ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Dakich..

Stated today how there are reporters currently at IU, and who are currently contacting him from major outlets, chasing stories about IU cheating. He also stated if there's truth to these cheating stories he'll put them on blast..
It's all from this article.

http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/co...ticle220372245.html?__twitter_impression=true

IU never had any sort of visit (official/unofficial/in-home) with the recruit in question. Never even offered.

There is nothing to see here. Dakich trolling for ratings as usual.

http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/co...ticle220372245.html?__twitter_impression=true

IU never had any sort of visit (official/unofficial/in-home) with the recruit in question. Never even offered.

Oh, is this the nothing part....
“This is from Lasko to Fenny,” Schachter said, reading the text to Kaplan. “‘Fenny, I am in Indiana and Coach Ostrom asked me for an update. They are super willing to do what it takes to recruit Silvio. Is that something of interest for us?’”

Tom Ostrom, the associate head coach at Indiana, is in his second season with the Hoosiers.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
“This is from Lasko to Fenny,” Schachter said, reading the text to Kaplan. “‘Fenny, I am in Indiana and Coach Ostrom asked me for an update. They are super willing to do what it takes to recruit Silvio. Is that something of interest for us?’”

Tom Ostrom, the associate head coach at Indiana, is in his second season with the Hoosiers.

It's 'nothing' in so far as that's probably pretty par for the course in college basketball recruiting, unfortunately. As much fun as it would be to watch IU fans squirm, it's hard to take Dakich at his word given how brash he can be.

Reactions: Inspector100

What part of that broke NCAA rules? Maybe there is a rule I'm not familiar with.

Reactions: Iuzach04
It's 'nothing' in so far as that's probably pretty par for the course in college basketball recruiting, unfortunately. As much fun as it would be to watch IU fans squirm, it's hard to take Dakich at his word given how brash he can be.

Well, we don't have to take Dakich at his word.. How about a money mans text stating IU is willing to do whatever it takes to get the recruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schnelk and ChuckJr

Yes, Sean Miller started cheating right after his lil bro left the staff. I’m sure that’s what happened. Protecting him sort of like Michael was protected by Sonny and Fredo.

Yes, Sean Miller started cheating right after his lil bro left the staff. I’m sure that’s what happened. Protecting him sort of like Michael was protected by Sonny and Fredo.
Lol that's like saying Lutz is dirty because Creighton was offering money to recruits.

He said it had nothing to do with the article. He said high end donors are already tired of Archie cheating . He said he is 1000 percent sure iu is cheating.
That's different from this article. Where did he say that? That's worth more than some hypothetical "do anything" comment - which was also second hand. Doesn't mean they aren't cheating though....

That's different from this article. Where did he say that? That's worth more than some hypothetical "do anything" comment - which was also second hand. Doesn't mean they aren't cheating though....

"they are super willing to do what it takes" - they'll do whatever it takes This is first hand information. The person texting it was in Indiana, speaking to an IU coach. So, if they was super willing to do what it takes to get a recruit that they wasn't even in on, what do you think they did for the recruits they got? That's a smoking gun that will cause reporters to start digging... We'll hear more in the future I'm sure. The press is the only people who make the NCAA act on anything.

Seems odd that Miller has a brother implicated in some of this, Kenny Johnson implicated, and Ostrom now potentially could be. If so and you still feel there is nothing...I guess you need to take your IU glasses off.

"they are super willing to do what it takes" - they'll do whatever it takes This is first hand information. The person texting it was in Indiana, speaking to an IU coach. So, if they was super willing to do what it takes to get a recruit that they wasn't even in on, what do you think they did for the recruits they got? That's a smoking gun that will cause reporters to start digging... We'll hear more in the future I'm sure. The press is the only people who make the NCAA act on anything.
The guy doing the texting (director of the recruits AAU program) is the father of one of our walk ons last year (Ethan Lasko). That's the reason he was at IU at the time. You dont think it's possible that Ostrom was using the father of a player to get in on a 5* recruit? There is nothing to suggest Ostrom or anyone at IU knew he was asking for money or that IU was willing to give it to him. We never offered or recruited the player in question. Lasko's father might have come back and said "you can recruit him, but we will need x amount of dollars". The. IU stopped recruiting. It's all hearsay and speculation. There is nothing with any substance.

Again, it would be like me "connecting the dots" that since Lutz got a 5* player at Creighton, and Creighton was reportedly one of the teams offering money, Lutz is dirty.

(No I dont believe that, just pointing out how these things get started)

The guy doing the texting (director of the recruits AAU program) is the father of one of our walk ons last year (Ethan Lasko). That's the reason he was at IU at the time. You dont think it's possible that Ostrom was using the father of a player to get in on a 5* recruit? There is nothing to suggest Ostrom or anyone at IU knew he was asking for money or that IU was willing to give it to him. We never offered or recruited the player in question. Lasko's father might have come back and said "you can recruit him, but we will need x amount of dollars". The. IU stopped recruiting. It's all hearsay and speculation. There is nothing with any substance.

Again, it would be like me "connecting the dots" that since Lutz got a 5* player at Creighton, and Creighton was reportedly one of the teams offering money, Lutz is dirty.

(No I dont believe that, just pointing out how these things get started)
In today's world - I would be very concerned if anyone associated with my school used that phrase in an attempt to get a recruit to sign - "They are super willing to do what it takes to recruit Silvio."

In today's world - I would be very concerned if anyone associated with my school used that phrase in an attempt to get a recruit to sign - "They are super willing to do what it takes to recruit Silvio."
In today's world there is no innocent until proven guilty. You are now guilty until proven innocent.

Im more concerned about IU losing to Chicago State than I am about IU being implicated because of this recruitment.

Reactions: BurlyBoiler
Wait...…….are we talking about the Langford recruitment?...……...oh, nevermind………….

Of course if Dakich is right get ready to hear him tell you about it 10,000 times a day. If he's wrong it will never be a conversation again. I've never heard someone pat themselves on the back like Dan.
One thing about Dakich is that once he stats that he has contacts telling him something, it usually becomes true. I trust Dakich more than a lot of the talking heads.

One thing about Dakich is that once he stats that he has contacts telling him something, it usually becomes true. I trust Dakich more than a lot of the talking heads.
Yeah - he is a pompous blowhard but he usually doesn't start running his mouth unless he has the ammo to back him up. I mean people forget he called was one of the first to call Pitino's firing.

Well, I hope it's not true. IU doesn't need another cheating scandal. It would all but end any "blue blood" talk. It will damage the image of basketball in the state.

I got to say this though, they knowingly hired a cheater in Sampson. People on the inside of college basketball know who cheats and who doesn't. The smell from Arizona is pretty strong. Did the IU administration hire a second known cheater? God help them if they did.

Well, I hope it's not true. IU doesn't need another cheating scandal. It would all but end any "blue blood" talk. It will damage the image of basketball in the state.

I got to say this though, they knowingly hired a cheater in Sampson. People on the inside of college basketball know who cheats and who doesn't. The smell from Arizona is pretty strong. Did the IU administration hire a second known cheater? God help them if they did.
I've thought for a long time that Archie learned too much from his brother. And I've thought that some of the players he got to Dayton came for a reason that didn't include a beautiful city. He's got too many really good players to IU way too quickly. My guess is that Dakich knows something for sure.

I’m fairly certain the person texting the recruits guardian (Lasko) has a son who plays on IU’s basketball team. That would more than likely explain why he was in Indiana (likely in Bloomington visiting his son) and would make sense as to why Indiana’s coach inquired about the recruit. That recruit was Silvio de Sousa by the way a top 25 recruit. Lasko runs the AAU program that de Sousa played for. While it’s probably not good for your image to have your name read aloud in court, I don’t think there’s anything that implicates IU or IU’s Coach. Simply connecting the dots, sounds like an IU Coach was trying to have the father of an IU player use his influence as an AAU director to try and persuade de Sousa to consider IU. At least that’s the way I interpreted it.

Reactions: Iuzach04
I’m fairly certain the person texting the recruits guardian (Lasko) has a son who plays on IU’s basketball team. That would more than likely explain why he was in Indiana (likely in Bloomington visiting his son) and would make sense as to why Indiana’s coach inquired about the recruit. That recruit was Silvio de Sousa by the way a top 25 recruit. Lasko runs the AAU program that de Sousa played for. While it’s probably not good for your image to have your name read aloud in court, I don’t think there’s anything that implicates IU or IU’s Coach. Simply connecting the dots, sounds like an IU Coach was trying to have the father of an IU player use his influence as an AAU director to try and persuade de Sousa to consider IU. At least that’s the way I interpreted it.

Sincerely,

Coach Ostrom
/QUOTE)]

Reactions: Boiler4life92
Here is what I take from these things, where there is smoke there is fire and since IU was nabbed under Sampson, I would imagine that anything they do, legit or not, will be highly scrutinized.

In today's recruiting world it wouldn't shock me if they did something. But, there is nothing to see until it all comes out... but to be fair, I heard something similar on a local radio station yesterday morning long before Dakich said anything.

It could very well be a big nothing burger... we'll find out eventually.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Here is what I take from these things, where there is smoke there is fire and since IU was nabbed under Sampson, I would imagine that anything they do, legit or not, will be highly scrutinized.

In today's recruiting world it wouldn't shock me if they did something. But, there is nothing to see until it all comes out... but to be fair, I heard something similar on a local radio station yesterday morning long before Dakich said anything.

It could very well be a big nothing burger... we'll find out eventually.
It all stems from the article that came out yesterday. Nothing more and nothing less.

Reactions: echs86
It all stems from the article that came out yesterday. Nothing more and nothing less.
For now you're right. But again, that article stems from something and whatever it was will come out.

I'm not jumping to conclusions either way because, I honestly don't care.

There’s a lot of pegs falling into holes that are not good for iu in this situation.
You have a university desperately trying to regain past basketball glory (and apparently willing to do anything to get there). You have a new coach who has made promises of success and now has the pressure to deliver. Said new head coach’s brother is embroiled in a pay to play scandal at his own high profile program. You have shoe money all over other programs with ties to the same shoe company as iu. You have AAU handler involvement which always has a financial link.
The optics for iu are really bad and there’s a ton of smoke wafting around.

There’s a lot of pegs falling into holes that are not good for iu in this situation.
You have a university desperately trying to regain past basketball glory (and apparently willing to do anything to get there). You have a new coach who has made promises of success and now has the pressure to deliver. Said new head coach’s brother is embroiled in a pay to play scandal at his own high profile program. You have shoe money all over other programs with ties to the same shoe company as iu. You have AAU handler involvement which always has a financial link.
The optics for iu are really bad and there’s a ton of smoke wafting around.
Sean isn’t just his brother- also his former boss.

IF Sean is cheating, I have a hard time believing that he started doing it after Archie left his staff.

Reactions: Schnelk
Is there anyone here dumb enough to think Langford wasn’t bought?
636607106567418998-romeo-crowd-by-Dakota-Crawford.jpg

Is there anyone here dumb enough to think Langford wasn’t bought? I’m sure he just loved those candy stripe pajamas they wear

I think he technically was bought. Dad basically said what ever apparel company pays the most to sponsor his AAU team will get a commitment to said sponsor school. However that isn't an NCAA violation and certainly nothing that IU did wrong, just beneficiaries of being an Adidas sponsored school. Most kids who play on the Nike AAU circuit end up at Nike sponsored schools and same for Adidas and Under Armour. It's been that way forever. I'm guessing Spiece Indy Heat who is sponsored by Nike, is going to get a lot of heat (no pun intended) from Nike if their two best players, TJD and Keion Brooks end up at an Adidas sponsored school such as Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT