ADVERTISEMENT

Damezi Anderson enters the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. This might require back surgery. It seems a vertebrae has slipped out of alignment, allowing the one above it to press on the nerves. The pain is the worst I have ever experienced. Nasty stuff.
Don’t delay the surgery if possible. They have made it as minimally evasive as possible and the difference will change your life for the better. Pretty quick recovery time as well.

Reactions: tjreese and mathboy
I know. I’m just dying here, more or less flat on my back with lower back pain. I could get into the S with a crane and a jack! The weather here is still a bit chilly, so the pain is not too bad. The doctors better get this fixed quickly though, I am tired of being so inactive!

:eek:
I remember the day it took me over a minute to get out ... an engine lift would have been nice ... here's to your rapid healing.

Reactions: tjreese
Thanks guys. This might require back surgery. It seems a vertebrae has slipped out of alignment, allowing the one above it to press on the nerves. The pain is the worst I have ever experienced. Nasty stuff.
Get better. If you're close enough in Michigan, check Shuggart out. He's not in favor of operations. I'd been to my doc, two other Ortho's, and he found my problem immediately. I had fractured my spine year's ago in a car wreck and didn't know it.

Reactions: tjreese and mathboy
Decided to take the ignore comments off. If you didn’t believe coach idiot wasn’t courtdense he has definitely been exposed now. Run along courtdense you pathetic POS. No need for your spiffy comments because you’re back on ignore. Purdue living rent free.

Reactions: Purdue85 and BBG
Decided to take the ignore comments off. If you didn’t believe coach idiot wasn’t courtdense he has definitely been exposed now. Run along courtdense you pathetic POS. No need for your spiffy comments because you’re back on ignore. Purdue living rent free.

Thought you didn’t care?

Gator, coach geez does post on both boards. Generally he is fairly rational, although overly argumentative on very minor points. He is definitely an IU fan. I will say that his style is not 5hat of courtsense in any way. Courtsense often made up stories and was quick to anger. I don’t see coach doing the same. You may not l8ke what he posts, (I don’t either) but he is not the other idiot, IMHO.

Not enough to warrant keeping him around, or to even come close to justifying his compensation. We have every right to expect quite a bit more than we've gotten. And, IMO, 3 years is plenty of time to see that Glass made a bad hire. FTR, I was very enthusiastic about the hire when it was made. But the results have been on the wrong side of average -- and, IMO, for long enough to know that this isn't working.

Getting back to the appropriate topic for the board, as I said earlier, if you want an example of somebody coaching well, Matt Painter is among the better ones out there.

• His teams have pretty consistently competed well in conference. They haven't been in the upper B10 echelon every season -- but more than not. And certainly enough to clear the bar.
  • He came a hair's breadth away from a FF berth.
  • His teams usually seem to be peaking right around the correct time.
  • I think, on balance, Purdue's recruiting has been better under Painter than it was when Keady was there. I wouldn't call them a recruiting powerhouse -- but I think the results he gets out of the players he does get are about as good as one can expect.
Thank you for the compliment on our coach. Matt had a quick start with the baby boilers, but fell down with successive recruiting classes. He did not bring in the right talent. Two reasons are in play for why:
1. His recruiting budget was severely limited, causing him to be uncompetitive for good recruits.
2. He was learning which types of players he needed for his system, and who would fit together.

I am a fan of #1 for the most part, although Matt admitted he made mistakes with the types of kids he was recruiting. Maybe Archie is going through the same learning process? The Purdue fan base was forgiving enough and patient enough to suffer through the valley (last place in the BIG). Do the IU fans need to give Archie some learning time? Coaching in the BIG is about as tough as it gets.

Reactions: Purdue85
Gator, coach geez does post on both boards. Generally he is fairly rational, although overly argumentative on very minor points. He is definitely an IU fan. I will say that his style is not 5hat of courtsense in any way. Courtsense often made up stories and was quick to anger. I don’t see coach doing the same. You may not l8ke what he posts, (I don’t either) but he is not the other idiot, IMHO.
I am thinking SNU possibly.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
In recent years we've had the same idiot infest this forum with the same M.O. Just different user ID's. It doesn't matter who it is. Feeling the need to obsess on a rival's forum like this says all you need to know.

Obsessed about a player who transferred out of IU? I need your validation for that? Lol

You’ve lost it

It's amazing that this thread goes 6 pages full of curse words and name calling, yet other threads with less vile stuff get locked within hours.

Reactions: Inspector100
The Kenpom statistics do show improvement year over year. In fact, I think some early polls show Indiana ranked in the top 20. Let’s hope they are right. It would be good to have a competitive IU, along with Purdue of course.

Why in the heck would it be good to EVER have a competitive iu?
As far as I am concerned they can lose every game in perpetuity and that would be perfectly fine with me.

So I have to admit that when I first glanced at the title of this thread, I thought it said "Denzel Washington". Which while cool, hardly an interchangeable mistake on my part.

I mean he's out of eligibility right? :D

Reactions: mathboy
So I have to admit that when I first glanced at the title of this thread, I thought it said "Denzel Washington". Which while cool, hardly an interchangeable mistake on my part.

Can't be too sure. Doesn't look like he's aged a day in almost 30 years.

Reactions: BBG

His oldest son made the St Louis Rams practice squad back in 2007, so he may have some talent!

Reactions: BBG
Why in the heck would it be good to EVER have a competitive iu?
As far as I am concerned they can lose every game in perpetuity and that would be perfectly fine with me.
I know, I know. Sometimes reading the insufferable trash that gets posted on these rivals sites, I want the to lose every game, but that is not fair to all the good IU fans I know. Yes, there are good IU fans.

————————————————————-++——————————————————-

Of course, there is a more devious route. If they lost every game, the IU administration would have to work on turning it around, with lots of publicity and money. We’d soon get sick of hearing about it. Furthermore, an IU losing every game would soon disinterest all those a-hole fans that troll us.

No, no. Let them win lots of games. Almost make the tourney every year. On the bubble, but then it pops. Never beat Purdue of course, but win occasionally against every one else. Good enough to keep hope alive, Good enough to satisfy the administration, but not good enough to completely satisfy the fans.. I’d also make sure their coach was someone who could easily be mistaken for a nose picking Hobbit. That way we could have lots of fun.

Never underestimate the power of mediocracy. It splits the fan base and turns friends into enemies. It makes “Wait for next year” and “Help is on the way” the catch phrases for every year. Sorry. That’s just my evil side talking.

:cool:

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Who is this coach guy y'aller talkin' 'bout?
It’s courtdense new name. I have him on ignore. He can’t help himself to act like he’s the smartest person while proving that he’s the biggest hypocritical idiot in the room. When you don’t have to read his BS the tread goes down to 4 pages.

Reactions: Purdue85
It's amazing that this thread goes 6 pages full of curse words and name calling, yet other threads with less vile stuff get locked within hours.
The protected one is involved in the other 2 threads. Total BS. Tired of the double standard. It's one of the reasons I left this board 2 years ago. Came back recently and still the same thing going on.

To be fair, those threads were just as bad but you have to report threads for mods to notice/lock them as the free board is less active with moderators.

We have one as far as I know that has a life outside of here so we have to help them help us as it were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT