ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Morton for Being Named PA POY!!

Which you have no way of knowing. Purdue could of won a few games and made the tourney as it was still a possibility.

Be prepared for a CBI invitation for IU next year because there is literally nothing to suggest IU is going to do much of anything. You had enough wins mainly based on one of the easiest schedules in the country which disguised just how flat out terrible you were.

You keep coming here trying to convince us how much of a power IU is but more and more your comments are clearly designed to convince yourself. You downplay Purdue's players but the fact remains we have added a lot of talent and bring back more than enough to eclipse IU next season yet again and continue our NCAA tourney appearance streak.

Now, I know I am going to regret responding to you and can feel myself actually dropping IQ points just from reading your nonsense. So it's time to move on. You ignore facts that have refuted your posts time and time again and clearly the only reason you are here is to troll.
Lol so many things wrong with this post.

1. Purdue COULD have made the tournament if they won the Big Ten tournament. Highly unlikely though.

2. IU fans should be prepared for a CBI invite when we return a tournament team that only loses 1 rotation player? Not to mention we return arguably the best player in the conference? Okay lol.

2. As for IU having played “one of the easiest schedules in the country”, that’s just flat out wrong. According to Kenpom we had the 23rd most difficult schedule in the country. As I’ve already educated the members of this board on, IU had a stronger non conference SOS and overall SOS than Purdue according to the NET. I’m guessing you don’t even know what the NET is though.

3. I’m not trying to convince anyone IU was great. We were mediocre. However, we were better than Purdue and certainly project to be better than Purdue next season. Your front court is laughably bad with the exception of Tre Williams who may make 3rd team All Big Ten next year. Your returning guards are decent, and I think Ivey will be pretty good in time (not as a freshman).

4. Do you honestly think your team will be improved from this last season? You lost Haarms and EB in the front court and are replacing them with an undersized 4 that hasn’t played in 2 years, and two non Big Ten level players in Dowana and Edey. Yikes. Proctor isn’t a big loss, and neither is Eastern assuming he is leaving like his mom has been suggesting. However, your guards aren’t really All Big Ten level. They can’t make up for how poor your front court will be.

Reactions: SCBoiler1
So using your logic, Purdue had a lower ceiling than Nebraska and Rutgers, because of head to head match-ups. LOL

1. So IU players aren't complimentary or skilled because they shot poorly from 3, but Purdue players don't have that same issue even though they shot about the same percentage from 3? Iu had 414 assists on the year. Purdue had 423. If IU didn't assist very well, then neither did Purdue. IU may have been one and done in the NCAA tourney, but I'd rather have that than not make the tournament like Purdue was headed for. I have to completely LOL at Your comment that TJD was our only Big Ten front court player. Justin Smith was/is better than any front court player Purdue has not named Trevion Williams. Brunk is a solid backup center. He will be the backup to TJD this coming year. Would you rather have Brunk or Dow/Edey? That's a very easy question to answer.

2. I wasn't happy with the in game adjustments this year, but Archie is still learning the Big Ten. I read MANY posts on this forum this year complaining about Painter's lack of in game adjustments as well. I actually think Painter is a solid coach and gets great results when he has a roster that fits his play style. Last year's team didn't, and he struggled to adjust. Next year's team looks even less like a team that Painter typically has success with. My guess is he will struggle once again.

Thanks for the reasonable response. I think you guys split with Rutgers, and swept Nebraska. We lost to both Neb and Rut in away games, playing Neb only once. Our second game against Rut at home went into OT before losing. OT games are more or less toss-ups. I’m not sure either sets of games says anything about higher ceilings.

(1) Admittedly, my sample size is small but watching IU play was painful. Every time I watched them, they just couldn’t get the right set of players out there. One guy or another would bomb away while heavily guarded. At the same time another teammate would be open. I just didn’t see a coordinated offense. In games where Purdue’s offense was clicking, I saw coordination.

Justin Smith? Ah... no thank you. Never was impressed. Both Haarms and Williams ate him alive. Not sure why you bring Edey or Dow into your argument since this is about the theoretical ceiling of last seasons teams.

(2) The posts about Painter not adjusting were from a couple haters that really exhibited a poor understanding of the game. Those comments on here do not constitute any sort of proof that Painter doesn’t make adjustments. If you you actually watch his coaching, you can see him making lots of adjustments, most successful. Painters fellow coaches certainly respect his abilities.

Now on to Archie. I got a college education and a lucrative job in four years. Archie has been in the BIG the same amount of time, and coaching basketball substantially longer.. and he is just now learning how to make in game adjustments? Ah... like the Justin Smith argument, no thank you. If he hasn’t figured out this basic skill by now, then he is in over his head. Everything I see tells me that he comes into games with a plan. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, he doesn’t know what to do.

let me add one more thing. All of us should realize that this is just speculation that cannot be proved in anyway.

Last edited:

1. Purdue COULD have made the tournament if they won the Big Ten tournament. Highly unlikely though.

2. IU fans should be prepared for a CBI invite when we return a tournament team that only loses 1 rotation player? Not to mention we return arguably the best player in the conference? Okay lol.

2. As for IU having played “one of the easiest schedules in the country”, that’s just flat out wrong. According to Kenpom we had the 23rd most difficult schedule in the country. As I’ve already educated the members of this board on, IU had a stronger non conference SOS and overall SOS than Purdue according to the NET. I’m guessing you don’t even know what the NET is though.

3. I’m not trying to convince anyone IU was great. We were mediocre. However, we were better than Purdue and certainly project to be better than Purdue next season. Your front court is laughably bad with the exception of Tre Williams who may make 3rd team All Big Ten next year. Your returning guards are decent, and I think Ivey will be pretty good in time (not as a freshman).

4. Do you honestly think your team will be improved from this last season? You lost Haarms and EB in the front court and are replacing them with an undersized 4 that hasn’t played in 2 years, and two non Big Ten level players in Dowana and Edey. Yikes. Proctor isn’t a big loss, and neither is Eastern assuming he is leaving like his mom has been suggesting. However, your guards aren’t really All Big Ten level. They can’t make up for how poor your front court will be.
Plz leave me and my son out of your arguments.

Reactions: Level 42
Thanks for the reasonable response. I think you guys split with Rutgers, and swept Nebraska. We lost to both Neb and Rut in away games, playing Neb only once. Our second game against Rut at home went into OT before losing. OT games are more or less toss-ups. I’m not sure either sets of games says anything about higher ceilings.

(1) Admittedly, my sample size is small but watching IU play was painful. Every time I watched them, they just couldn’t get the right set of players out there. One guy or another would bomb away while heavily guarded. At the same time another teammate would be open. I just didn’t see a coordinated offense. In games where Purdue’s offense was clicking, I saw coordination.

Justin Smith? Ah... no thank you. Never was impressed. Both Haarms and Williams ate him alive. Not sure why you bring Edey or Dow into your argument since this is about the theoretical ceiling of last seasons teams.

(2) The posts about Painter not adjusting were from a couple haters that really exhibited a poor understanding of the game. Those comments on here do not constitute any sort of proof that Painter doesn’t make adjustments. If you you actually watch his coaching, you can see him making lots of adjustments, most successful. Painters fellow coaches certainly respect his abilities.

Now on to Archie. I got a college education and a lucrative job in four years. Archie has been in the BIG the same amount of time, and coaching basketball substantially longer.. and he is just now learning how to make in game adjustments? Ah... like the Justin Smith argument, no thank you. If he hasn’t figured out this basic skill by now, then he is in over his head. Everything I see tells me that he comes into games with a plan. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, he doesn’t know what to do.
You stated Purdue had a higher ceiling than IU because you won both games against us. You lost all the games you played to Rutgers and Nebraska as well, so they had to have a higher ceiling using your logic. Now, I believe Purdue did have a higher ceiling than both as I tend to look at the entire picture rather than just finding one stat (head to head) that favors my opinion.

1. IU is at their best when they are getting out in transition and playing very fast. They do tend to struggle more in the half court. The offense is focused around getting TJD and Brunk touches down low. Both Brunk and TJD were first year players in Archie’s offense, so they should be much more polished in year 2 even though both put up very respectable numbers last year. The only guy on the team that would bomb it away while heavily contested and not in the flow of the offense was Devonte Green, and you will be hard pressed to find an IU fan that didn’t think Green was a cancer to the team.

On Justin Smith, it seems like he would have been really good at the 4 for your team last year. Certainly better than what you had at least last year. Saying Haarms and Williams are Justin Smith alive last year shows you didn’t watch much IU basketball (as you admitted). Smith played out of position at the 3 last year alongside TJD and Brunk. He wouldn’t have ever been guarding Haarms or Williams. Next year’s roster will allow Smith to move back to his natural position at the 4.

2. Archie has only coached 3 seasons at IU, not 4. In that time his offensive and defensive Kenpom numbers have improved every year. You say it shouldn’t take long to learn in the Big Ten, however what happened to Matt Painter around year 8 and 9 when he finished DEAD LAST in the Big Ten? I think your answer will be something like he was recruiting the wrong types of players and he LEARNED from that. It takes time to rebuild a program when your schemes are vastly different than your predecessor. Painter is Keady 2.0, so it wasn’t a big change for Purdue. Archie and Crean are vastly different. With that said, if Archie doesn’t have IU safely in the tournament and top half of the Big Ten next year, I’m going to start to shift to the “fire Archie” crowd. No matter how great his 2021 class is at the time.

You stated Purdue had a higher ceiling than IU because you won both games against us. You lost all the games you played to Rutgers and Nebraska as well, so they had to have a higher ceiling using your logic. Now, I believe Purdue did have a higher ceiling than both as I tend to look at the entire picture rather than just finding one stat (head to head) that favors my opinion.

1. IU is at their best when they are getting out in transition and playing very fast. They do tend to struggle more in the half court. The offense is focused around getting TJD and Brunk touches down low. Both Brunk and TJD were first year players in Archie’s offense, so they should be much more polished in year 2 even though both put up very respectable numbers last year. The only guy on the team that would bomb it away while heavily contested and not in the flow of the offense was Devonte Green, and you will be hard pressed to find an IU fan that didn’t think Green was a cancer to the team.

On Justin Smith, it seems like he would have been really good at the 4 for your team last year. Certainly better than what you had at least last year. Saying Haarms and Williams are Justin Smith alive last year shows you didn’t watch much IU basketball (as you admitted). Smith played out of position at the 3 last year alongside TJD and Brunk. He wouldn’t have ever been guarding Haarms or Williams. Next year’s roster will allow Smith to move back to his natural position at the 4.

2. Archie has only coached 3 seasons at IU, not 4. In that time his offensive and defensive Kenpom numbers have improved every year. You say it shouldn’t take long to learn in the Big Ten, however what happened to Matt Painter around year 8 and 9 when he finished DEAD LAST in the Big Ten? I think your answer will be something like he was recruiting the wrong types of players and he LEARNED from that. It takes time to rebuild a program when your schemes are vastly different than your predecessor. Painter is Keady 2.0, so it wasn’t a big change for Purdue. Archie and Crean are vastly different. With that said, if Archie doesn’t have IU safely in the tournament and top half of the Big Ten next year, I’m going to start to shift to the “fire Archie” crowd. No matter how great his 2021 class is at the time.
The argument that head to head doesn’t equal better loses validity when there are more than one game played. Purdue beat IU twice and once at home where IU spent most of its season and where 98% of their good wins came from. You also keep using the NET SOS numbers when it was clearly shown to you that they are faulty numbers. You can compare the NET rankings against each other and Purdue not only played tougher teams according to their ranking, Purdue also played two true road games whereas IU played zero. I’m not sure what type of reasoning you have going on in your head to think playing all home games would be better than Purdue’s schedule where they played at least two true road games but it’s very much like your need to be right, it’s wrong. Compare the teams each team played and get back to us on how IU’s schedule was tougher. Other than that, the rest of your post is speculation which ironically is the time of year when IU is at its best.

I am curious as to how you figure IU had a tougher schedule. Explain that for me, if you can.

The argument that head to head doesn’t equal better loses validity when there are more than one game played. Purdue beat IU twice and once at home where IU spent most of its season and where 98% of their good wins came from. You also keep using the NET SOS numbers when it was clearly shown to you that they are faulty numbers. You can compare the NET rankings against each other and Purdue not only played tougher teams according to their ranking, Purdue also played two true road games whereas IU played zero. I’m not sure what type of reasoning you have going on in your head to think playing all home games would be better than Purdue’s schedule where they played at least two true road games but it’s very much like your need to be right, it’s wrong. Compare the teams each team played and get back to us on how IU’s schedule was tougher. Other than that, the rest of your post is speculation which ironically is the time of year when IU is at its best.

I am curious as to how you figure IU had a tougher schedule. Explain that for me, if you can.
It’s pretty simple. Purdue had slightly tougher top end opponents. Purdue also played more terrible teams. Chicago St is literally the worst team in the country. Learn how SOS works before talking on it. Here is a little quiz.

Team A plays #1 and #100
Team B plays #49 and #50

Which team has the better SOS?

Wow, you're a glutton for punishment.

You need to hang this on your wall...

stress-reduction-bang-head-here-instructions-1-place-on-firm-54360195.png

Let me address one point that makes the whole learning in the BIG make more sense.

Matt Painter’s dip in years 8 & 9 was the direct result of the whole program getting underfunded by an administration and president more interested in lining her own pockets than achieving anything in sports. You will note a similar decline in football and WBB at the same time. It had nothing to do with learning how to play basketball in the BIG. It had everything to do with no funds for even limited recruiting.

whike small indicators show statistical improvement for IU, it has not translated into success in the sport. All that fails to explain the relatively poor performance on the court of a team that has recruited relatively well over the past decade. I know Archie has been there only four, but IU has recruited as well as or better than most BIG schools over the last ten years, including the last four.

by the way, most folks know that I am a self admitted IU fan with the caveat that Purdue has priority.

Let me address one point that makes the whole learning in the BIG make more sense.

Matt Painter’s dip in years 8 & 9 was the direct result of the whole program getting underfunded by an administration and president more interested in lining her own pockets than achieving anything in sports. You will note a similar decline in football and WBB at the same time. It had nothing to do with learning how to play basketball in the BIG. It had everything to do with no funds for even limited recruiting.

whike small indicators show statistical improvement for IU, it has not translated into success in the sport. All that fails to explain the relatively poor performance on the court of a team that has recruited relatively well over the past decade. I know Archie has been there only four, but IU has recruited as well as or better than most BIG schools over the last ten years, including the last four.

by the way, most folks know that I am a self admitted IU fan with the caveat that Purdue has priority.
Matt Painter’s success dropped when he started recruiting players that didn’t fit his system like Ronnie Johnson. Those recruiting classes were actually some of his best on paper, so saying he was underfunded is BS.

Your football program and WBB program don’t seem to be doing great under the new administration either.

Archie’s improvements year to year in Kenpom haven’t translated to success in the sport? Year one we weren’t close to the tournament. Year 2 we were a bubble team. Year 3 we were in. Again, Archie has only been at IU for 3 years, so I don’t know why you continue to say he’s been there for 4 years.

Archie’s cupboard was bare when he took over. Tom Crean’s last team finished 10th in the Big Ten and that team had two 5* and OG who was a 1st round pick on it. The only good players Archie inherited were Robert Johnson and Juwan Morgan. Everyone else was awful.

Next year will be the first time Archie has his guys as upperclassmen (RP, Jerome Hunter, Race Thompson). Coming into this season the only Archie players that had significant playing time was RP. In Archie’s first 3 classes, all 10 commits were ranked inside the top 150 (Damezi and Forrester transferred leaving 8 until Lander officially reclassifies). His team is now full of talent. If he doesn’t start to have real success now, he will be let go and we will move on. I believe that he will though.

It is funny that even though IU has been down recently we can still out recruit most everyone in the Big Ten.

Wow, you're a glutton for punishment.

You need to hang this on your wall...

stress-reduction-bang-head-here-instructions-1-place-on-firm-54360195.png
He will just ignore anything that doesn’t fit his narrative. Someone seriously picked in this person a lot in their youth or they were completely ignored. No sane person tries this hard to be right about so much random stuff. Napoleon complex perhaps. All I do know is they are really bad at comprehension and math.

Matt Painter’s success dropped when he started recruiting players that didn’t fit his system like Ronnie Johnson. Those recruiting classes were actually some of his best on paper, so saying he was underfunded is BS.

Your football program and WBB program don’t seem to be doing great under the new administration either.

Archie’s improvements year to year in Kenpom haven’t translated to success in the sport? Year one we weren’t close to the tournament. Year 2 we were a bubble team. Year 3 we were in. Again, Archie has only been at IU for 3 years, so I don’t know why you continue to say he’s been there for 4 years.

Archie’s cupboard was bare when he took over. Tom Crean’s last team finished 10th in the Big Ten and that team had two 5* and OG who was a 1st round pick on it. The only good players Archie inherited were Robert Johnson and Juwan Morgan. Everyone else was awful.

Next year will be the first time Archie has his guys as upperclassmen (RP, Jerome Hunter, Race Thompson). Coming into this season the only Archie players that had significant playing time was RP. In Archie’s first 3 classes, all 10 commits were ranked inside the top 150 (Damezi and Forrester transferred leaving 8 until Lander officially reclassifies). His team is now full of talent. If he doesn’t start to have real success now, he will be let go and we will move on. I believe that he will though.

It is funny that even though IU has been down recently we can still out recruit most everyone in the Big Ten.
You’re struggling with getting my point. When all the budgets were cut, Painter recruited who he could get. That same pinch penny recruiting hit all major sports programs at the same time. It had nothing to do with understanding how to win in the BIG.

I tell you this in rebuttal to your point about the dip in Painters performance. You had erroneously attempted to tie it into Archie trying to learn the BIG, and failing to do so after 4 years. The two situations were from far different causes.

So why hasn’t Archie learned how to win in the BIG? I would argue that he had sufficient talent to match the middle of the BIG, around 6th to 8th place. I would argue that the teams with the worst coaching and the best talent, Archie was able to beat or stay with, because it was talent against talent. Teams with good coaching generally whipped his butt.

You’re struggling with getting my point. When all the budgets were cut, Painter recruited who he could get. That same pinch penny recruiting hit all major sports programs at the same time. It had nothing to do with understanding how to win in the BIG.

I tell you this in rebuttal to your point about the dip in Painters performance. You had erroneously attempted to tie it into Archie trying to learn the BIG, and failing to do so after 4 years. The two situations were from far different causes.

So why hasn’t Archie learned how to win in the BIG? I would argue that he had sufficient talent to match the middle of the BIG, around 6th to 8th place. I would argue that the teams with the worst coaching and the best talent, Archie was able to beat or stay with, because it was talent against talent. Teams with good coaching generally whipped his butt.
What I can't fathom is why courtsense (and yeah, I am certain it's him) spends so much time here? Doesn't he have friends? I mean time and time again in this thread multiple people have countered every single one of his arguments with some hard to argue against points, yet he still remains.

Is he that lonely?

Is he that desperate for our acceptance?

Is there a number he can call to get help for his obsession with what we think of IU?

I know you can't answer those questions and really the only reason I quoted your post is for a point of reference, but yeesh his need for our approval is stuff of legends at this point.

What I can't fathom is why courtsense (and yeah, I am certain it's him) spends so much time here? Doesn't he have friends? I mean time and time again in this thread multiple people have countered every single one of his arguments with some hard to argue against points, yet he still remains.

Is he that lonely?

Is he that desperate for our acceptance?

Is there a number he can call to get help for his obsession with what we think of IU?

I know you can't answer those questions and really the only reason I quoted your post is for a point of reference, but yeesh his need for our approval is stuff of legends at this point.

Very good questions.

Absent using the "ignore" feature (which, I don't like using, but becomes necessary, from time to time) it is annoying to see the board littered with the kind of trash we've been seeing.

It's been quite some time, but on occasion I have gone to the IU board and posted or replied. Never have I behaved in the manner some of the IU clowns constantly display here. Not only repeated clownish posts, but frequent changes in login IDs, and ongoing obsession with what Purdue fans think. It's insane.

There are some IU fans who post here that engage in civil, intelligent discourse. Not very many. When they do, it's a breath of fresh air, and they're quite welcome.

But, for too long it's been one obsessed post after another, from tools, twits and dimwits that think they're going to "educate" Purdue fans. They don't. In a way, I feel rather sad for them, for the very reasons you wrote.

1. Painter got who he realistically could get in those Ronnie Johnson and AJ Hammons classes. Money has nothing to do with it as those were some of his best classes on paper. Those players just didn’t fit his system. He learned from that.

2. ARCHIE HAS ONLY BEEN AT IU FOR 3 YEARS. I don’t know why you continue to say 4 years. I’m starting to think you are just dense. Do you have a learning disability or have you had a stroke that effects your memory?

3. Tell me what Archie’s record is against Tom Izzo (the best coach in the Big Ten). I’ll wait.
You are correct. It has only been three seasons. I stand corrected. So, I guess Archie has been trying to figure the BIG for only three years. Obviously not enough time for him to understand the whole concept of in-game adjustments? Had he been there 4 years, he would have it down pat, no doubt.

Reactions: SIBoiler2
Treed, don’t get pulled into this. Be the bigger person and ignore.
No, he is absolutely right. She brings it all on herself. You don't get to post anything and everything and then tell people not to use it. She's either part of the board and treated as such, or stay the hell off. Her whole act has gotten old.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
No, he is absolutely right. She brings it all on herself. You don't get to post anything and everything and then tell people not to use it. She's either part of the board and treated as such, or stay the hell off. Her whole act has gotten old.
Your rules, not mine.

I will address this situation as I see fit. All of us are on here as anonymous posters except her. How about you post under your real name, and tell us who you are in relation to our favorite sports and university? (Please don't. I am making a rhetorical point).

Since Mrs Reed has no protection of animosity and she is the parent of one of our players, I think she deserves different treatment on this board.

Reactions: Schnelk and BBG
Your rules, not mine.

I will address this situation as I see fit. All of us are on here as anonymous posters except her. How about you post under your real name, and tell us who you are in relation to our favorite sports and university? (Please don't. I am making a rhetorical point).

Since Mrs Reed has no protection of animosity and she is the parent of one of our players, I think she deserves different treatment on this board.
Nobody told her to come here and post under her name and give personal information. As a matter of fact she was warned dozens of times this was a bad idea. She chose/chooses to continue to do so. She doesn't deserve any special treatment. If you want to give it to her that's your choice. Just don't expect everyone else to.

Did you ever consider she enjoys the attention you and others give her? Why else would she come here and give her personal information? She enjoys it until it doesn't suit her and something negative is posted.

I haven't seen you post your personal information, or did I miss that?

Nobody told her to come here and post under her name and give personal information. As a matter of fact she was warned dozens of times this was a bad idea. She chose/chooses to continue to do so. She doesn't deserve any special treatment. If you want to give it to her that's your choice. Just don't expect everyone else to.

Did you ever consider she enjoys the attention you and others give her? Why else would she come here and give her personal information? She enjoys it until it doesn't suit her and something negative is posted.

I haven't seen you post your personal information, or did I miss that?
Sir I’ve never asked for special treatment and yes I made the decision to come on this site bcuz i chose to do so. Warn me I’m a grown woman I don’t need anybody permission to do what I did. I don’t seek attention I speak my mind just like you I just don’t HIDE behind a screen name to tough. At the end of the day I can take it but I can also dish it. I’m gonna enjoy my day hope u enjoy yours

Reactions: BBG

Just to be clear - the couple years that Purdue had a dip - "the Ronnie Johnson era" - those were not Painter's best classes. There were some decent recruits, but there were some not great ones either (the class ahead of Ronnie had 2 three star recruits). And 2 of the players in Ronnie's class were good players that led to the "rebound" - Hammons and Raphael Davis.

Reactions: Schnelk and BBG
Sir I’ve never asked for special treatment and yes I made the decision to come on this site bcuz i chose to do so. Warn me I’m a grown woman I don’t need anybody permission to do what I did. I don’t seek attention I speak my mind just like you I just don’t HIDE behind a screen name to tough. At the end of the day I can take it but I can also dish it. I’m gonna enjoy my day hope u enjoy yours
Yep, you're a grown woman (as you've mentioned multiple times) you can do whatever you want.

I'm sick of this hide BS. Nobody with any common sense gives their personal information on a message board like this. Do you think it's odd that you're the only one that gives their name? You say it as a point of pride. I'd say it's more ego. Either way I'm done with it. Just another thread getting locked if I say what I really want to.

Carry on.

Yep, you're a grown woman (as you've mentioned multiple times) you can do whatever you want.

I'm sick of this hide BS. Nobody with any common sense gives their personal information on a message board like this. Do you think it's odd that you're the only one that gives their name? You say it as a point of pride. I'd say it's more ego. Either way I'm done with it. Just another thread getting locked if I say what I really want to.

Carry on.
No ego Im moving on

My son lost his top track recruit , because he accepted a scholarship to play football at OSU ! I realize this isn't about basketball, but it seems like none of the previous 10 posts were either. is this a basketball board and where we talk basketball, or are you just going to go back and forth and attack posters? just like always? I guess it's much more interesting to talk trash against and personally attack posters, than basketball. My teaching gig was canceled for the year. Oh woe is me.

My son lost his top track recruit , because he accepted a scholarship to play football at OSU ! I realize this isn't about basketball, but it seems like none of the previous 10 posts were either. is this a basketball board and where we talk basketball, or are you just going to go back and forth and attack posters? just like always? I guess it's much more interesting to talk trash against and personally attack posters, than basketball. My teaching gig was canceled for the year. Oh woe is me.

Um... bigs .... you admitted you're now engaging in personal attacks.

You admitted and wrote that some time ago.

Reactions: Level 42

Carry on.
You know you could also not let it bother you so much and stop being a jackass about it too. It has clearly impacted you on a personal level for some reason and you need to get over it. At this point you're only posting to complain about Treed and it's as old as what you are complaining about.

You know this board has an ignore feature right?

Reactions: mathboy
You know you could also not let it bother you so much and stop being a jackass about it too. It has clearly impacted you on a personal level for some reason and you need to get over it. At this point you're only posting to complain about Treed and it's as old as what you are complaining about.

You know this board has an ignore feature right?
You're new to the board. You don't know the history. You could also ignore and stay out of it.....Your choice. I'm done with it.

Thought I'd bump this since things are slow, and a certain fanbase has decided to resume their annual tradition of counting wins before they happen.

Thought I'd bump this since things are slow, and a certain fanbase has decided to resume their annual tradition of counting wins before they happen.
71 posts in 9 years...and this is the monumental info you felt needed to resurrected from a year old post? smh.

P.S. I expect a huge year from a healthy Morton.

I was really hoping Nojel would work on his drive finishing with a baby left hand and right hand hook/floater shot that would have made him a key player this year. However, I thought when Haarms left that we would have trouble winning more than 10 games this year. From what I read Edey was second team on his HS team and to think he would come in and score more than 2 points a game of grab 2 rebounds was unimaginable. If he continues to work hard and improve just 50% he will be awesome this year.

Another player I have high hopes on is Newman. He needs to work on his dribbling and continue whatever he is doing as far as shooting the ball. I think he will be our best 3 pt shooter this year.

However, the guy I am praying for the most is Morton. He has a real good court sense and is a terrific passer probably the best we have had in a long time. He guards 2's and 3's well but needs to work on the 1's. Maybe he and Ivey can trade off?

And with our two freshman - look out Big 10!

Reactions: Schnelk

Lmao

And the trojan returned as a woody. Only to be banned again. I see 3 obsessions in the poor idiot's mind.
1) Purdue.
2) Whatever compels his choice of screen names.
3) Purdue.

And the trojan returned as a woody. Only to be banned again. I see 3 obsessions in the poor idiot's mind.
1) Purdue.
2) Whatever compels his choice of screen names.
3) Purdue.
4) TJD as the "arguably" best player in the conference. I'm looking forward to the mash up coaching team losing its collective mind what they implement their vaunted 4 out 1 in pro set and discover that the 1 in is never going to pass back out when the ball comes in to him.

Reactions: Schnelk
4) TJD as the "arguably" best player in the conference. I'm looking forward to the mash up coaching team losing its collective mind what they implement their vaunted 4 out 1 in pro set and discover that the 1 in is never going to pass back out when the ball comes in to him.

That would be a modified Tex Winter special......the Bermuda Triangle offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT