ADVERTISEMENT

Colvin and Heide

Yep. Also remember people saying the only way Colvin would get better was by playing. Well, he didn’t play much and got better so…..
One of the things Myles has to improve on if he wants to be more than a perimeter shooter is the ability to drive the ball as needed, else he will get crowded as he did in his last shot where it missed everything. If not, he will never be as good as he could be and his perimeter shooting will take a dive if he doesn't have a counter to aggressive D and/or hard closeouts.

He is just slower physically than other members of the team. Earlier in the year I questioned if part of that was just slower mentally trying to absorb all that he needed. It could still be that way, but that explosiveness starts with a first step and not going too wide. That can be taught and like shooting practiced on his own..."IF" he understands that is a weaknesses and addresses it he will be very hard to stop

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Agree that any minutes Morton played the first 20 games or so should have gone to Colvin and Heide. Painter knew what Morton would provide on off/def. and that was not much of either.

Colvin would be a lot better all around, Heide more consistent.

Painter finally realized Colvin and Heide would help get us to F4 or championship. Hope his massive brain farts did not hold either Colvin or Heide back too much.
These are the kind of comments that Painter referred to as "ignorant" earlier in the season.

These are the kind of comments that Painter referred to as "ignorant" earlier in the season.
It is the of cause and effect, compare and contrast, depth of intricacies aiding my understanding, that keeps me coming back for more.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Please stop
Why stop? I’m making as much sense as all the rest of you starting these threads!

Let’s bring Edey back let’s bring Gillis back blah blah blah.

Bringing back Morton makes just as much sense

I’m just trying to fit in. Or am I just bringing a mirror to reveal others’ stupidity?

Don’t forget……….. Morton could come back too! Just think Morton. Gillis and Edey all coming back!

You all want Gillis to come back with the knowledge we’re already. 1 player over our scholarship limit! Just think if Morton decided to come back. If Morton did actually decide to come back, could Purdue legally stop him from doing so?
Morton would be a fit at UVA but maybe at Duquesne , close to his hometown

Agree that any minutes Morton played the first 20 games or so should have gone to Colvin and Heide. Painter knew what Morton would provide on off/def. and that was not much of either.

Painter finally realized Colvin and Heide would help get us to F4 or championship. Hope his massive brain farts did not hold either Colvin or Heide back too much.
You talk as if you could see something that CMP couldn't. Even though he watched these players 100x more than you did. When Heide and Colvin had improved enough to contribute more than Morton, then they got more playing time. This has been the hope all along. Massive brain farts? Oh my.

Don’t forget……….. Morton could come back too! Just think Morton. Gillis and Edey all coming back!

You all want Gillis to come back with the knowledge we’re already. 1 player over our scholarship limit! Just think if Morton decided to come back. If Morton did actually decide to come back, could Purdue legally stop him from doing so?
Ships are year to year. But I think there is a "loyalty clause" that says a player like Morton can still be on the team....or maybe it's that he can still attend PU free. Can't guarantee it's correct, but other schools have a similar if not identical clause.

You talk as if you could see something that CMP couldn't. Even though he watched these players 100x more than you did. When Heide and Colvin had improved enough to contribute more than Morton, then they got more playing time. This has been the hope all along. Massive brain farts? Oh my.
CMP has even talked about how Colvin was a terrible defender and that he had to learn what was being taught before getting additional playing time. And no way in the first of the year was Heide ready.

One of the things Myles has to improve on if he wants to be more than a perimeter shooter is the ability to drive the ball as needed, else he will get crowded as he did in his last shot where it missed everything. If not, he will never be as good as he could be and his perimeter shooting will take a dive if he doesn't have a counter to aggressive D and/or hard closeouts.

He is just slower physically than other members of the team. Earlier in the year I questioned if part of that was just slower mentally trying to absorb all that he needed. It could still be that way, but that explosiveness starts with a first step and not going too wide. That can be taught and like shooting practiced on his own..."IF" he understands that is a weaknesses and addresses it he will be very hard to stop
Good point on the first step. I think he has that in him and hoping that develops this offseason. If so, WATCH OUT.

Reactions: tjreese
Waddell is going to be getting more minutes I'd guess. He's now 6'8" and came in with a lot of skills. And we can only hope that Gillis returns. He's been very valuable this season.
Don’t think Waddell will be seeing minutes and Gillis would be great but we are crowded all over from 1-5. May have 3 guys redshirting (combo of cox, Jacobsen, burgess, Benter) and that’s without anyone leaving which still puts us 1 above the scholarship limit.

Please no…I know you’re joking but if he really did, he wouldn’t see the floor

Don’t think Waddell will be seeing minutes and Gillis would be great but we are crowded all over from 1-5. May have 3 guys redshirting (combo of cox, Jacobsen, burgess, Benter) and that’s without anyone leaving which still puts us 1 above the scholarship limit.
Time will tell, but if he doesn't leave, Waddell will play a lot more than he did this year. And I'd take Gillis with his experience with open arms. Remember, Colvin was going to be the Boiler Savior when he signed, and those coming in haven't played a minute at the collegiate level.

A lot more goes into just letting Colvin figure it out on the floor. You don’t want to ruin his confidence either if he continues to fail/get beat on defense/ lost on offense. If he becomes frustrated and less confident, he may not be the player he is now.

But let’s say Myles did play all those minutes. We lose vs Minnesota for sure, prob dont win at Wisconsin, and don’t win vs NW at home. So, we lose the B1G and probably teter on maybe the 1 line with those losses and probably become a 2 in the tourney. This is also assuming Myles is able to perform the whole year and not hit a wall.

And disclaimer, I love Myles and think he can be better than Ivey. But he came to a top 5 team that was already very successful, so there was no need to rush him. He needed to be game ready and up to Painters standards, and now he’s there

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Time will tell, but if he doesn't leave, Waddell will play a lot more than he did this year. And I'd take Gillis with his experience with open arms. Remember, Colvin was going to be the Boiler Savior when he signed, and those coming in haven't played a minute at the collegiate level.
Whose minutes is Waddell taking?

1 - Smith/Harris
2 - Loyer/Colvin/harris
3 - Heide/Catchings
4 - Furst/Catchings/some combo of burgess or Jacobsen
5 - TKR/Berg

And Colvin is hitting his stride right when we need him to, so he very well is going to play a big role…whether you like it or not.

Let me get this straight. You foresee a big jump in minutes for Waddell, who in his third year in the program has yet to do anything to earn meaningful minutes. But Colvin, in his first year, who brings a sweet outside shot, and has now improved defensively, boy you're just not sure what everyone sees in him. Up until a couple weeks ago you questioned if he would ever have anything to contribute. I guess now that he's playing meaningful minutes in tournament games you've had to pivot to the "he was going to be the savior" strawman. Absolute trash take.

Let's just say my spidey senses are tingling here. Real bad.

CMP has even talked about how Colvin was a terrible defender and that he had to learn what was being taught before getting additional playing time. And no way in the first of the year was Heide ready.
How about you give a link where CMP said Myles was a "terrible defender".

I'm not aware of any such quote from him, but you must have one, please link it here.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Let me get this straight. You foresee a big jump in minutes for Waddell, who in his third year in the program has yet to do anything to earn meaningful minutes. But Colvin, in his first year, who brings a sweet outside shot, and has now improved defensively, boy you're just not sure what everyone sees in him. Up until a couple weeks ago you questioned if he would ever have anything to contribute. I guess now that he's playing meaningful minutes in tournament games you've had to pivot to the "he was going to be the savior" strawman. Absolute trash take.

Let's just say my spidey senses are tingling here. Real bad.
I’m convinced Myles either beat this guy up or stole his lunch money or lost him money on a bet because he will not compliment or give Myles any credit. Makes up stuff about his defense to try and discredit him…that no one else agrees with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dryfly88
He's obsessed. I just want to see if he has a link, and if he doesn't, will he admit to it.

I'd be shocked if CMP ever said any of his players were "terrible" at anything.
He will ignore your post and not acknowledge and continue to post absolute nonsense about Myles.

Reactions: Gemini95
When certain things are stated as a fact relative to a coaching decision, it shows what little understanding behind what the coaches and players do to prepare. They just don't show up and toss the ball. This doesn't mean that they couldn't make a mistake, but generally the calls of this being stupid is a huge red flag that the person probably doesn't have the nuances down very much. It is all about what you are willing to give up with anticipation of what you hope you get.

That is from looking at the other team in what they do well and where they may be vulnerable. How does Purdue players fit into that is an obvious question? Can Purdue do what they want or does the personnel need a bit of a modification? Those things will be rehashed and the coaches will go to bed running things through their heads over and over. The players will see what the team does best as well and will study the players for what they prefer and where they want to go...now can the Purdue player physically do what is needed...if he can. The other team is doing the same thing and so these thoughts are in their minds before the ball is tossed, but then they may stay analytics or go with gut and both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Sadly, may people do not understand that if something does not appear to be working that their idea might end up being worse and many times their ideas not only don't have the requisite background of information, but many times think a strategy is either good or bad depending on what they saw on TV instead of that approach being good or bad relative to the two teams in play. Nothing wrong with I wish they would have tried such and such when they were doing such and such by having the players cover such and such or on offense do a bit more of such and such. Just state your thoughts, why the thoughts and what you hoped to accomplish is much more inviting to dialog than being absurd.

Sure I do. And reading comprehension is not in your realm because I complimented him earlier and said he's gotten better.
Hmm I can't seem to find this compliment. Please link that along with that Painter quote you referenced about him being terrible at defense. Thanks in advance.

Sure I do. And reading comprehension is not in your realm because I complimented him earlier and said he's gotten better.
I must have fallen asleep...because the Colvin I saw was only interested in shooting the ball. His defense is lacking totally.

Only way Colvin gets more minutes is what I said before...we're way up and down enough he's not going to hurt us.

What have you seen with Colvin that makes you believe he's anything but a liability the way he's played this year? No defense, weak screens, out of control shots most of the time.....

So your going to put 11 points on the bench to bring Colvin in? Your going to put a 2-1 assist ratio on the bench to bring in a player who has 2 X's the turnovers to assists? Loyer will get his stroke back...slumps happen. Colvin will not play defense and will be a liability to the entire team. He's simply not good enough right now.

Games are determined by DEFENSE. Colvin hasn't played a lick of it this year....he's actually pathetic at it, thus he gives up more than he garners.

Colvin has nothing in his game right now that will propel any team. And CMP disagrees with you regarding Morton's defense.

Totally agree on Berg....I'd give him any minutes Colvin might get.

🤔

Lol. After multiple people posted the correct stats and he managed to find the one post with incorrect stats and quote it with a sarcastic reply. That's his big "compliment"? FOH
With the light switch obviously turned on for Myles, I expect he will lose his detractor(s?) next year -- if not yet this year.

Reactions: Old Gold n Black
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT