ADVERTISEMENT

Does it impact anything if Purdue first five don't start?

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
I'm not a numbers guy but would it hurt Purdue or players in any way if they were to start this lineup on Thursday?
C: Berg
F: Furst
F: Heide
G: Colvin
G: Morton

I don't mean individual stats, but any real impact to Purdue's raking / ratings / positioning? I just think these are the type of games we should try to give this crew more minutes so as to get them more playing experience?

Also, can Purdue please draw up a play that allows Edey / Berg to each take a 3pt shot?

Fair enough, maybe start base five then sub sooner than usual to build up others.
The starters are the players who will lead this team to the promised land, not the second string. Having said that, there is still plenty to work on for the starters. We just need the second unit to not give up big runs.

Second unit should get more run in the next few games.

Reactions: tjreese
The starters are the players who will lead this team to the promised land, not the second string. Having said that, there is still plenty to work on for the starters. We just need the second unit to not give up big runs.

Second unit should get more run in the next few games.

Yes - I would expect something similar to TX Southern game:

TKR - 17
ZE - 21
BS - 25
FL - 17
LJ - 21

I'm not a numbers guy but would it hurt Purdue or players in any way if they were to start this lineup on Thursday?

I don't mean individual stats, but any real impact to Purdue's raking / ratings / positioning? I just think these are the type of games we should try to give this crew more minutes so as to get them more playing experience?

Also, can Purdue please draw up a play that allows Edey / Berg to each take a 3pt shot?
I would like to see Heide, Furst and Colvin get about 20 minutes apiece these next two games with Jones getting a little more PG time, as well as Morton. Give Smith and Edey a break because they're gonna get beat up from January to March. But I don't think you send out bogus lineups to start with.

Zero reason for Berg to play until the game is put away. If he plays any meaningful minutes this year we have serious issues and that’s not because he’s a bad player he’s not.

The starting lineup won’t change, but I generally agree with your premise of getting significant minutes for the backups

Understand the sentiment.

But our normal starters will play and CMP will attack the opponent with his personell as per usual.

Our favorite play is the pass to Edey, who is 15–17 feet from the basket, and two different players cut him off. I would also add where Edey keeps the ball and then squares to the basket, with the rest of our players going to a spot at the three-point line. Edey can shoot it, drive it, drive it and hit the open man whose opponent sloughed off to help defend, or Edey can wait two extra seconds for a weak side pick and hit the man cutting to the basket. Maybe we are waiting until the BT Tournament, but when we do this, it would mean Edey will be a first-round draft pick and probably a lottery pick.

BTW, if you haven't finished your Christmas shopping, please go to GrandpaKnowsBaseball.Com

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT