ADVERTISEMENT

Colvin and Heide

Loving their minutes! They bring a combination of athleticism and skill others can’t, and just give Purdue an added layer + element.

Remember when those calling for them to play more minutes were getting mocked on this board… hehe
Nope . Don’t remember. But they did say they needed to play D( Cam did and played more). Colvin needed to do more on D , he is now. Colvin needed to be more than just a shot hunter. Now he is part of the offense, three assists tonight. Great job Matt.

Nope . Don’t remember. But they did say they needed to play D( Cam did and played more). Colvin needed to do more on D , he is now. Colvin needed to be more than just a shot hunter. Now he is part of the offense, three assists tonight. Great job Matt.
Recently I think it was O holding Myles back. I too think Matt brought them along just fine even though there were some very concerned that he needed more playing time in games. Matt expected them to meet Matt’s expectations rather than Matt lowering them.

Yep. Also remember people saying the only way Colvin would get better was by playing. Well, he didn’t play much and got better so…..

Loving their minutes! They bring a combination of athleticism and skill others can’t, and just give Purdue an added layer + element.

Remember when those calling for them to play more minutes were getting mocked on this board… hehe
I thought Heide played well today. Colvin...one missed dunk led to an opposing dunk and two easy points. I simply don't understand why some think he's so valuable and so good when he's playing. Can you give me an example of Colvin's "skills". He might have had an assist or two, but no points, no rebounds, no steals. So happy for the win, and sending them on.

Last edited:
Colvin skills!? He’s a good shooter, fast, athletic, speed, jumps out of gym, he’s gotten steals he’s physically improved; he has tons of potential! The future is bright!! I hope Colvin is happy with Purdue because he’s talented and could play many places. His time will come

Reactions: mediaexpert
I thought Heide played well today. Colvin...one missed dunk led to an opposing dunk and two easy points. I simply don't understand why some think he's so valuable and so good when he's playing. Can you give me an example of Colvin's "skills". He might have had an assist or two, but no points, no rebounds, no steals. So happy for the win, and sending them on.
Ok boomer

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Good shooter, high-level athlete, offers an athletic presence on the glass + at the rim from the wing/guard position.

Just because his stats weren’t great today doesn’t mean he doesn’t have skills. Anyone with one functioning eye can see he oozes ability.

And, yes, he was better on defense today than he was earlier in the year.

Colvin playing the same defense he did earlier in this year.

It just took a couple big ten L’s with Morton rotations for him to finally change. Sadly those extra rotation minutes that should have went to Colvin would have helped the team now.

As much as Painter wanted to make Morton the defensive shutdown defender off the bench. Nothing screams shutdown defender when he enters the game. The collection of refs in the league were never going to give him that type of respect as such so it was just an awful move on his part to even be play Morton meaningful minutes as a key reserve at all this past year.

Morton should have been helping Cam and Colvin in practice to get better. Painter using games and film session to help each as well.

Good shooter, high-level athlete, offers an athletic presence on the glass + at the rim from the wing/guard position.

Just because his stats weren’t great today doesn’t mean he doesn’t have skills. Anyone with one functioning eye can see he oozes ability.

He oozes potential, big difference

It just took a couple big ten L’s with Morton rotations for him to finally change. Sadly those extra rotation minutes that should have went to Colvin would have helped the team now.

As much as Painter wanted to make Morton the defensive shutdown defender off the bench. Nothing screams shutdown defender when he enters the game. The collection of refs in the league were never going to give him that type of respect as such so it was just an awful move on his part to even be play Morton meaningful minutes as a key reserve at all this past year.

Morton should have been helping Cam and Colvin in practice to get better. Painter using games and film session to help each as well.
Almost nothing in that post is based on fact, starting with the first sentence which is blatantly false.

I don’t think anyone outside of maybe Twinnie doubts his ability. He oozes potential. But potential is just potential until its production.

Geezus if you're going to post this crap again, at least get the facts correct. Myles had 3 Rebounds and 3 assists last night. Do you even watch the games?

Yep. Also remember people saying the only way Colvin would get better was by playing. Well, he didn’t play much and got better so…..
I think a lot of folks forget about what happens in practice and what Painter sees there. We only see about one tenth of what the coaches and other players see.

Reactions: tjreese
I think a lot of folks forget about what happens in practice and what Painter sees there. We only see about one tenth of what the coaches and other players see.
It’s such a strange take. Getting playing time can get you acclimated to game speed and shake off the nerves but every coach in America will tell you that most improvement happens at practice.

If you think Colvin's defense now is same as it was in Jan/Feb I don't know what to say. His defensive awareness has increased greatly and he is facilitating on offense in ways he would not have in Jan. It looks to me Matt has managed him perfectly to get him ready to contribute in the Big Dance. And how do u know Morton has not been helping Cam and Colvin?

You have your issues with Matt and want him gone. We only hear from you when we struggle and/or lose. Did Matt beat you in High School or steal your girlfriend many years ago?

You know, we all hope that he plays better next season. And we all hope he learns that defense wins games. He's far from being a star and his stats indicate that. Nice story.
I hope he continues to improve this season. The time is now and the team needs everyone to get hot and have good games.

Reactions: mediaexpert
A team consists of 14 players. The fan favorite seems to be Martin but it looked like Edey was happiest when Barrett hit his 3. We have IMO 12 guys who can start for a division I team, and yet 2 (Waddell and Berg) only get garbage time. We have 2 players who started last year (Morton and Furst), and have had their minutes severely cut. Yet Furst made a nice assist and Morton had two blocks when they came in. I am very proud of all the players (and coaches) on this team and how they contribute the best they can.

probably less than 1/10 actually. In some things it probably doesn't matter and in some it would or does

If you think Colvin's defense now is same as it was in Jan/Feb I don't know what to say. His defensive awareness has increased greatly and he is facilitating on offense in ways he would not have in Jan. It looks to me Matt has managed him perfectly to get him ready to contribute in the Big Dance. And how do u know Morton has not been helping Cam and Colvin?

You have your issues with Matt and want him gone. We only hear from you when we struggle and/or lose. Did Matt beat you in High School or steal your girlfriend many years ago?

Huge fan of Matt. No way do I want him fired. Just don’t like how he handles his bench players

You crack me up.
What I do remember is a coach with a plan.
That he stuck to.
He demanded the new guys play D to see the floor.
And never wavered
So they sat.
Until it sunk it that playing hard was the only way they were going to see the floor.
And they started to play smarter.
And started to sniff the floor.
Culminating in both of them coming off the bench at the end of season tournament much earlier than they have all season.
Why it's ALMOST like the coach had a plan the whole time.
hehe indeed.

Geezus if you're going to post this crap again, at least get the facts correct. Myles had 3 Rebounds and 3 assists last night. Do you even watch the games?
I love his "I simply don't understand why some think he's so valuable".. well coach put him into the game, what, 7 minutes in? Sounds like he thinks MC is pretty valuable.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler

our coach is one of the best in the business and knows the game about 100x what you do (or me).
He's adjusted as the season progressed and so have some of the players.
Try to keep up,

I never doubted Myles’s talent. I did say if he wanted to play more minutes, The way to do it was by improving his defensive skills because Painter values defense a lot more than offensive skills.

There was a game last night where two teams both scored over 100 points and it didn’t go into overtime and there weren’t very many 3 point attempts. It was pure run and gun and no defense. That type of score will never happen with Purdue.

As I look to next year, Myles and Heide both have talent and are both ready to take that next step. But looking back, both Loyer and Smith beat out veterans to start as freshmen. I like Myles and Heide. But I like Catchings and Harris even more.

I’ll say it now. Whoever shows they are the best defender will start. I would not be shocked if Catchings starts at the 3 and one of our freshmen big men starts at the 4.

Next year holds an infinite amount of possibilities!

Huge fan of Matt. No way do I want him fired. Just don’t like how he handles his bench players
you need to ask yourself why you do not understand and that is not meant to denigrate your thoughts. You don't see the drills, you don't see the dry runs of sets, you don't see the scrimmage you and the rest of us do not see the things that go on in practice. Why would we know why he does such and such?

This is big time basketball where a couple of minutes can make a huge difference in a game and is not a lab experiment with a do over or dry lab report. What would make you...me or anyone think we have the insight Matt AND his whole staff that goes over things?

Not sure minute distribution in a game we won by 28 in a 1-16 matchup is indicative of much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT