ADVERTISEMENT

CMP/Purdue Choke Program of The Decade...

You’re proving my point
Painter must be insane . Trying to do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
I just don’t understand how the blind painter supporters refuse to accept this.

I’m not saying he’s a terrible person or coach by any means. I do however think it’s time for him to either modernize his strategy or we (as a fan base) ask if we are ok with our current situation (doing well during the regular season, but exiting early from the post season consistently)

That’s what I’ve been saying.
He has refused to do so since I’ve been following the team (for over 15 years). What makes you think he’ll change now?
I read from somewhere that people tend to become more conservative / stubborn as they grow older. Do you think Painter fits the mold of someone that would go against that grain?

Reactions: BoilerDeac
He has refused to do so since I’ve been following the team (for over 15 years). What makes you think he’ll change now?
I read from somewhere that people tend to become more conservative / stubborn as they grow older. Do you think Painter fits the mold of someone that would go against that grain?
You think you are taking this loss harder than he is?

You think you are taking this loss harder than he is?
I don't think he took this game seriously enough. Doyle proved that in his column. Cracking smartass jokes and then got beat in historical fashion. He just may either be a narcissist or has zero self awareness. I can't imagine what else it could be. The column certainly didn't age well at all.

I don't think he took this game seriously enough. Doyle proved that in his column. Cracking smartass jokes and then got beat in historical fashion. He just may either be a narcissist or has zero self awareness. I can't imagine what else it could be. The column certainly didn't age well at all.
Didn’t read the Doyel piece. He’s a tool anyway.

I shouldn’t have said tool. I actually met him once and he was a really nice guy. But it’s like feels he has to be someone he’s not professionally.
So, in all seriousness, which writers to you like or not like? Nationally, regionally or Purdue specific?

Painter is a great guy. Nobody ever has lost to a 13, 15, 16 seed. Not even Gene Keady. Around 70 different schools have been to the final four since 1980. Either this a loser school or else they got two bad coaches. When will Purdont roll out a product on par with George Mason?

Reactions: clankhan
Painter must be insane . Trying to do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

That’
Painter is a great guy. Nobody ever has lost to a 13, 15, 16 seed. Not even Gene Keady. Around 70 different schools have been to the final four since 1980. Either this a loser school or else they got two bad coaches. When will Purdont roll out a product on par with George Mason?

I’d settle for Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Meyers or Butler.

Hi Pally,

To answer your question; no I am not crying, merely responding to you. You don’t seem like an individual that moves anyone (man or woman) emotionally all that well anyways.

Sorry to disappoint.
Let us know when you’re done whining and ready to deal with reality.

: to complain with or as if with a whine
always whining about the weather

Yep, that’s you.
🤔, I don’t recall really complaining. Just stating that we need to move on from a coach and providing supporting evidence and arguments.

Whining would be more along the lines of grasping at straws, using emotion backed with no facts to assert their viewpoints and verbally attacking / guilt tripping / name calling other fans for having a different opinion.

Wait … that sounds like you!

= complaining=whining.

And dreaming.
If that’s your interpretation, eb
New Pal, why are you being suc
New Pal, why are you being such a sissy
New Pal, why are you being such a sissy?
I’m not usually one for labels but he is the literal definition of a snowflake.

Just look at how he modified the definition of “whining” to fit his little (failed) agenda!

If that’s your interpretation, eb

I’m not usually one for labels but he is the literal definition of a snowflake.

Just look at how he modified the definition of “whining” to fit his little (failed) agenda!
I’m not the one crying on the internet about a basketball game played by kids.

• Wow
I mean, I'm using my internet browser to lift weights which of course makes me awesome and strong af, but I also welcome the debate instead of trying to shut it down like a sissy who is scared to have their echo chamber rattled.
How am I trying to shut down debate? By stating a fact that anyone who isn’t an emotional mess would know to be true?

I mean, I'm using my internet browser to lift weights which of course makes me awesome and strong af, but I also welcome the debate instead of trying to shut it down like a sissy who is scared to have their echo chamber rattled.
He seems to be pulling out every old trick in the book and is now resorting to making bizarre accusations and labels.

Sorry, I just benched several pounds with my laptop on my chest giving me real time updates of the latest analytics. What's going on?

#ToughGuy

• Haha
He seems to be pulling out every old trick in the book and is now resorting to making bizarre accusations and labels.
I love Purdue but our fans are stuck in the 90s. This guy is probably using AOL to type these "flames". But nothing changes the fact that it was the most embarrassing lost in basketball history last night. And there's a trend for losing that statistics back up. This isn't emotional, this was a 22 point favorite being destroyed from tipoff.

1) He recruited them
2) He coached and developed them
3) Everyone not named Zach Edey today looked petrified of taking a shot. Why is that?
4) We have several players on this roster (Newman, Loyer, Jenkins for starters) that DO have a track record of being decent 3 point turn into brick chuckers after spending time playing for Purdue. Why is that?

Painter has a track record of bringing on players that were good offensive players in high school and turning them into players that are either 1) scared to shoot 2) can't shoot after reaching the next level or 3) transfer.

Why is that?

Ever put 2 and 2 together and wonder why top recruits don't want to come here?

I have been a JPC member for a while but will not be renewing this year. I suggest everyone NOT HAPPY with Painter to do something similar.
Good point. I too will be not be returning a season ticket holder or jpc member. Aside from the losing post-season tradition that doesn't change because staff is clearly stuck in their ways, college basketball changing too much with these NIL and transfer rules (or lack there of).

Nobody is crying here but you Pally.
By stating a fact that anyone who isn’t an emotional mess would know to be true?

Matt Painter will be the Purdue head basketball coach next season. The sooner you come to terms with that, the better off you’ll be.

Sorry, I just benched several pounds with my laptop on my chest giving me real time updates of the latest analytics. What's going on?

#ToughGuy
I love Purdue but our fans are stuck in the 90s. This guy is probably using AOL to type these "flames". But nothing changes the fact that it was the most embarrassing lost in basketball history last night. And there's a trend for losing that statistics back up. This isn't emotional, this was a 22 point favorite being destroyed from tipoff.
The “why pay student athletes , a scholarship is enough” crowd. I don’t particularly agree with this but recognize in order to compete at a high level, NIL money is an absolute necessity.

The “athletes don’t come here because of the academics crowd” (after the athlete chooses a school like Michigan or Wisconsin)

The “you aren’t a fan / you are a troll since you are unhappy with your team” crowd.

By stating a fact that anyone who isn’t an emotional mess would know to be true?

Matt Painter will be the Purdue head basketball coach next season. The sooner you come to terms with that, the better off you’ll be.
You can have the last word in if it helps you sleep better at night, Pally.

Yep, all played responses. Big Dog wasn't doing his own homework either for his gym class teacher major if we want to really get real.

Good point. I too will be not be returning a season ticket holder or jpc member. Aside from the losing post-season tradition that doesn't change because staff is clearly stuck in their ways, college basketball changing too much with these NIL and transfer rules (or lack there of).
Well unless you're an heir to the Bob Rohrman fortune these other people will mock you, even though they are bare minimum members if that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT