ADVERTISEMENT

Citrus Bowl Game Discussion Thread

As an example, last year we had 4-4stars in our class. LSU had 1-5 star, and 8-4 stars. Yes, they have way more depth and talent than us. Brohm did an amazing job of developing guys but we cannot withstand 9 starters and both play-callers out.
LSU had 22 players opt out or transfer purdue 11. If purdue had all it's players then you would be claiming injuries and bad officiating.

Reactions: Boiler8285
I'm not knocking you, I meant for our game. Plus the 3 portal guys playing today has to be a real eye opener for them. Maybe they're going to settle for MAC offers.
I didn't intend to sound so defensive...merely reiterating that opt outs are the nemesis of any meaning to bowl games, and in that vein would only be outweighed by the initiation of a championship game mechanism. Personally, I hate both, lol.

Burton not accurate, average athleticism for P5, and average arm strength after 6 years in P5. and playing in the Citrus Bowl for no reason.

LSU had 22 players opt out or transfer purdue 11. If purdue had all it's players then you would be claiming injuries and bad officiating.
I don’t think you know what I would be doing. LSU is a better team than us. LSU is not 40+ points better than us if both teams have our players and coaches.

Final score prediction LSU 56 Purdue 3.....what say ye !!!! We will kick a field as if that makes sense...just Brian wanting to be able to say to Jeff... well at least we scored.

Generous spot there.....another third down conversion for LSU.

I get the point on all of LSU's opt-outs......it shows the depth disparity big time and talent level drop-off when you get to Purdue's back-ups. Plus, a lot of turbulence with the coaching change. Again, this was always going to be a very tough ask to compete evenly for 60 minutes with LSU even under the best of circumstances.

Go Kelley ! 42-0 with trick plays. Brian just takes it and says i’ll show you I’ll put Burton back out there.

And Purdue does not have it’s head coach (and offensive play caller), DC (who called the defense), and multiple other coaches. We were missing 9 starters at kick and now down a couple more. The state of these teams are not equal.

I love what Brohm did for Purdue but something needs to be figured out if they want bowl games to mean anything.
my point was sort of Purdue has NEVER had any depth. We sometimes develop our starters, but we have never done anything with their back-ups. there has always been a steep cliff between our starters and our back-ups.

Look at Alabama. they had 10-12 players opt out. Yet, their back-ups stepped up and played like they were starters.

When our starters are out, our back-ups have no clue and act like deer seeing headlights.

this is not just this year. it's been going on for decades. We have as many players as other teams do. we redshirt almost everybody. Well the redshirting and strength and conditioning and development AIN"T working.

it's way past time Purdue started developing some actual depth.

my point was sort of Purdue has NEVER had any depth. We sometimes develop our starters, but we have never done anything with their back-ups. there has always been a steep cliff between our starters and our back-ups.

Look at Alabama. they had 10-12 players opt out. Yet, their back-ups stepped up and played like they were starters.

When our starters are out, our back-ups have no clue and act like deer seeing headlights.

this is not just this year. it's been going on for decades. We have as many players as other teams do. we redshirt almost everybody. Well the redshirting and strength and conditioning and development AIN"T working.

it's way past time Purdue started developing some actual depth.
Well, not too long ago we struggled to have a competitive team with our starters, so hard to expect to have a lot of depth. Seems that is just the reality of recruiting for Purdue until we somehow develop a strong tradition like we have in basketball.

Alaimo did actually play a down in a series a couple of series ago. he threw an incomplete pass and went back to the bench

The announcers are now pulling a Harry talking with Walters......oh there's another first down....he's about to score.....you know, Steve.....I had a Boilermaker once.

Harry_Caray_1988.jpg

every year it's the exact same thing. we have no depth. the previous coach left the cupboard bare. we love our new coach and he'll be awesome. Give him 4 years to recruit before critisizing him.

copy and paste.

Not what I would have expected if you’d told me a pass for Tracy was picked in the endzone…

every boiler fan should be mad as hell that our best players opted out or transferred. i usually root for any boilers that make the nfl but refuse to back these cowards. no other way to look at it. you sign up for something and you complete it period

ADVERTISEMENT