ADVERTISEMENT

Citrus Bowl Game Discussion Thread

my point was sort of Purdue has NEVER had any depth. We sometimes develop our starters, but we have never done anything with their back-ups. there has always been a steep cliff between our starters and our back-ups.

Look at Alabama. they had 10-12 players opt out. Yet, their back-ups stepped up and played like they were starters.

When our starters are out, our back-ups have no clue and act like deer seeing headlights.

this is not just this year. it's been going on for decades. We have as many players as other teams do. we redshirt almost everybody. Well the redshirting and strength and conditioning and development AIN"T working.

it's way past time Purdue started developing some actual depth.
Their backups can start at just about every other school.

Not very impressed with Brohm recruiting either. Returning talent is worse than what Hazell left behind.
I’ll agree Brohms recruiting was very up and down at key positions but I wouldn’t go that far with throwing Hazell recruits in there. At least Brohm developed some guys.

#15 Sage Ryan classy boy Kelley has there. Future looks bright for that young man, must be a wonderful scholar.

I’ll agree Brohms recruiting was very up and down at key positions but I wouldn’t go that far with throwing Hazell recruits in there. At least Brohm developed some guys.
Didn’t say Hazell could coach but the only decent player we have is a walk-on. The talent we have returning is an embarrassment. Hazell left more talent.

Hazell Did Not recruit better than Brohm simple as that
Just not so. Brohm could coach better but there is no arguing the talent on the field today is any better than what Hazell left. A RB, a couple of DL and that is basically it on this roster. Hazell left more talent. Brohm is Danny Hope 2.0.

I would agree. You can talk all you want about Brohm’s recruiting abilities. But in the end, Hazell left more talent for Brohm than Brohm left for Walters

That is not what I said. The context was the coach leaving the cupboard bare. Hazell left Brohm a few decent recruits to work with. Who was the best QB in the Brohm era?
All of Brohms top producing guys are graduating or hitting the portal and he’s still probably leaving just as much overall team talent than what Hazell did outside of a proven QB.

All of Brohms top producing guys are graduating or hitting the portal and he’s still probably leaving just as much overall team talent than what Hazell did outside of a proven QB.
If you believe that I do not want to see you posting Brohm left the cupboard bare in 6 months as an excuse for why our team SUcs . I’m tired of posters saying the last coach left the cupboard bare! Posters are always blaming the previous coach or making some other lame excuse. Purdue is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT