ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Gonzalez?

You claimed that Neal tweeted he was going to be prepared for the combine so, yeah you DID say he tweeted it. It's just 1 page of posts prior to this page so not difficult to find. You need to admit that you made it up - no one else made that claim.

And Brian made his claim about Dickinson. Did he make that up ? I don't see you being down on his case.

I believe if you look in the first thread about Neal, you will find the info that led to my statement. I'm not wasting my time or yours looking for it. It doesn't really matter what I said or the words I used. the reality is the same.

And Brian made his claim about Dickinson. Did he make that up ? I don't see you being down on his case.

I believe if you look in the first thread about Neal, you will find the info that led to my statement. I'm not wasting my time or yours looking for it. It doesn't really matter what I said or the words I used. the reality is the same.

In short, you CAN'T locate anywhere that Neal tweeted or said what you claim.

Reactions: pboiler18
In short, you CAN'T locate anywhere that Neal tweeted or said what you claim.

I'm going to quote my nemesis S D BOILER who knows everything: Quote " Got it. I don’t think that’s the plan for Neal. He does not plan to return. "

why don't yo u expend your energy and ask SD boiler where he got that info ? how about giving him some grief for a change ? Did he just make that up?

Assuming your quote is accurate he said "I don't think..". He DIDN'T claim that Neal tweeted or said anything regarding his future, as you did.

You just make so many BS claims that you bring any "grief" upon yourself.

I'm going to quote my nemesis S D BOILER who knows everything: Quote " Got it. I don’t think that’s the plan for Neal. He does not plan to return. "

why don't yo u expend your energy and ask SD boiler where he got that info ? how about giving him some grief for a change ? Did he just make that up?

I have no dog in the fight on this one. But with all due respect, it's pretty obvious Neal didn't tweet anything about preparing for the draft. I honestly think youre getting Bailey's tweet confused with Neal. For your own sake, just give up on this one. It's not worth it.

I have no dog in the fight on this one. But with all due respect, it's pretty obvious Neal didn't tweet anything about preparing for the draft. I honestly think youre getting Bailey's tweet confused with Neal. For your own sake, just give up on this one. It's not worth it.
He can’t. He’s incapable of admitting he messed up

Guessing he might have gotten Neal confused with Bailey since he mentioned the draft in his tweet about his surgery...

Reactions: jindy
Back to what this thread was about originally. Headline finally up on GBI about the Gonzalez switch. I've mentioned my hopes for another O-lineman or two and possibly the juco linebacker to add to the class. What do others want to see?

Reactions: tenwest
Assuming your quote is accurate he said "I don't think..". He DIDN'T claim that Neal tweeted or said anything regarding his future, as you did.

You just make so many BS claims that you bring any "grief" upon yourself.

as I said, if I provided you a link or source, you would just twist it and spin it to whatever way you want.

I didn't mess up. I made a statement. and that statement was based on what I thought was a tweet/post from a reliable source. maybe it wasn't from Neal. I'll own up to that. it wasn't made by NEAL . I'm owning it.

the source/post was from SD boiler. and he flat out said on this forum with regards to Neal, he doesn't plan to return. That to me seems pretty straight forward. S D boiler didn't say "I believe" . he said flat out Neal doesn't plan to return. those are his words.

You asked me for a link and source, and I gave you one. I'm sorry you didn't like the source. the link didn't come from a neal tweet.

and for those of you who believe purdue and West Lafayette have so much more to offer than Colorado, I have nothing I can say to change your mind other than the majority of football players do NOT choose a school based on it's academic program. if they did, MIT or John Hopkins would be our national football champion. the concept that Purdue is better than Colorado is bogus. as for academics, Georgia and Florida and even Illinois have very respected academic programs. and if you're an elite athlete, the promise of immediate playing time isn't a big seller as they expect to play immediately at any school they choose. you don't tell a 5 star he has to EARN playing time unless you are already a top 5 school. .

Guessing he might have gotten Neal confused with Bailey since he mentioned the draft in his tweet about his surgery...

my thoughts came from the September thread that talked about redshirts and player injuries, and it discussed players like Bailey, Moore, Sindelar and Neal possibly redshirting and coming back next year. and the post said as far as Neal goes, he's not coming back. perhaps you should have questioned that post when it was first made back in September. nat made a post in the same thread. .

perhaps you should have questioned that post when it was first made back in September. nat made a post in the same thread.

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt since you’ve been attacked a lot lately. Sorry...

as I said, if I provided you a link or source, you would just twist it and spin it to whatever way you want.

I didn't mess up. I made a statement. and that statement was based on what I thought was a tweet/post from a reliable source. maybe it wasn't from Neal. I'll own up to that. it wasn't made by NEAL . I'm owning it.

the source/post was from SD boiler. and he flat out said on this forum with regards to Neal, he doesn't plan to return. That to me seems pretty straight forward. S D boiler didn't say "I believe" . he said flat out Neal doesn't plan to return. those are his words.

You asked me for a link and source, and I gave you one. I'm sorry you didn't like the source. the link didn't come from a neal tweet.

and for those of you who believe purdue and West Lafayette have so much more to offer than Colorado, I have nothing I can say to change your mind other than the majority of football players do NOT choose a school based on it's academic program. if they did, MIT or John Hopkins would be our national football champion. the concept that Purdue is better than Colorado is bogus. as for academics, Georgia and Florida and even Illinois have very respected academic programs. and if you're an elite athlete, the promise of immediate playing time isn't a big seller as they expect to play immediately at any school they choose. you don't tell a 5 star he has to EARN playing time unless you are already a top 5 school. .

I haven't twisted or spun anything. So, do you finally admit your claims that Neal tweeted out or said anything to the media regarding his situation are incorrect?

I used the words(including the word "think") that you've claimed SD supposedly said - what thread was this in? I'd be interested to read it in it's entirety.

I wouldn't care about most of the things you throw out there if, when shown to be demonstrably wrong you would own up and just acknowledge that. We all learn information on this board but if we read something that someone else shows to be incorrect we should learn from that as well - fair enough?

Last edited:
I haven't twisted or spun anything. So, do you finally admit your claims that Neal tweeted out or said anything to the media regarding his situation are incorrect?

I used the words(including the word "think") that you've claimed SD supposedly said - what thread was this in? I'd be interested to read it in it's entirety.

I wouldn't care about most of the things you throw out there if, when shown to be demonstrably wrong you would own up and just acknowledge that. We all learn information on this board but if we read something that someone else shows to be incorrect we should learn from that as well - fair enough?

I learned a long time ago that you can’t have any sort of rational debate with Wole. He makes stuff up and makes it all about him... every time.

Back when I had time, I would call him out, but it got to the point when it was every post. Ain’t nobody got time for that. Wole just is what he is. Skip his posts and move on. It doesn’t really matter if his wrongness was intentional or a mistake. It doesn’t even matter if he admits it or not. He made a comment and he was wrong. Everybody knows it. You will save yourself a lot of time by not calling out him out every time he is wrong.

I would like to see Tristan Golightly TE, as well. Pittman left early and this is the last year for Hopkins. Randy Holtz OL is a priority too.

Understand but between Durham, Miller and Bilodeau Purdue currently has a redshirt freshman and two highly rated true freshmen (both redshirting this year ) so that's a lot of good young talent. Might make sense to add a TE in the 2021 class instead.

Ford OL
Powell (5th yr) C/OG
Oxendine DT
Merriweather (JuCo) LB

Dream is all four. Realistic... maybe 2 of these?

Thanks, I'd forgotten about Oxendine (the big O, the Ox in the room). He's announcing on 12/18 I believe - no changes to forecast on 247. Lots of young DL and DE on roster now that I believe can develop well but he'd still be a great addition.

I learned a long time ago that you can’t have any sort of rational debate with Wole. He makes stuff up and makes it all about him... every time.

Back when I had time, I would call him out, but it got to the point when it was every post. Ain’t nobody got time for that. Wole just is what he is. Skip his posts and move on. It doesn’t really matter if his wrongness was intentional or a mistake. It doesn’t even matter if he admits it or not. He made a comment and he was wrong. Everybody knows it. You will save yourself a lot of time by not calling out him out every time he is wrong.

All true. Scary thing is, I haven't called it out every time, or even much or even part of the time. Think I'll just take your advice.

Understand but between Durham, Miller and Bilodeau Purdue currently has a redshirt freshman and two highly rated true freshmen (both redshirting this year ) so that's a lot of good young talent. Might make sense to add a TE in the 2021 class instead.

Having only three tight ends on the roster seems rather thin to me for depth. Wisconsin is dealing with this right now. Three of their tight ends are out for the season, and it has impacted their offense, especially in the run game.

Depending on what was really said in recruiting talks, Carr can be used as a TE as well. One of the services still labels him TE.

Reactions: Roeder
Depending on what was really said in recruiting talks, Carr can be used as a TE as well. One of the services still labels him TE.
Carr has said on numerous times that he wants to be used as a WR. Besides being able to play basketball, that was one of our other selling points that he would be a WR. It was even mentioned during his verbal that he was losing weight to prepare to be a WR in our offense.

Carr has said on numerous times that he wants to be used as a WR. Besides being able to play basketball, that was one of our other selling points that he would be a WR. It was even mentioned during his verbal that he was losing weight to prepare to be a WR in our offense.

I guess they could use Cravaack... if another TE was needed. Perhaps they can wait another year.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
Oh I get that, I'm just saying maybe in a pinch. Responding to the poster before about the Wisconsin TEs who are all hurt.

Having only three tight ends on the roster seems rather thin to me for depth. Wisconsin is dealing with this right now. Three of their tight ends are out for the season, and it has impacted their offense, especially in the run game.
Cravaack has also moved to TE and he played it in HS. That gives us 4 on next years roster. 2 Will be RS Sophs and 2 RS Freshman. Durham, Cravaack, Miller, Bilodeau all 3 stars-Rivals. Not sure ratings matter though but they are all fairly young with Durham the only experienced one.

Last edited:
And Biggie was recruited to play the 4. I agree Carr won't be a traditional run blocking TE, but in this offense he could end up in a similar role as Hopkins a couple years down the line.

Also, if depth is needed at TE for short yardage situations you have Cravaack, which is basically the Pittman role.

Re Holtz. If purdue wanted him, he would have committed by now.

If Holtz had a committable offer from either IU or Purdue, he would have committed by now. If either school ends up taking him, that suggests that they missed out on their higher tier options.

If Holtz had a committable offer from either IU or Purdue, he would have committed by now. If either school ends up taking him, that suggests that they missed out on their higher tier options.
Agree. With the Fox commitment, my guess it is now Ford or a JUCO as the next OL commit, if any.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT