ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Gonzalez?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Tonight Christian Gonzalez got a crystal ball pick to Colorado. He has been a verbal for a while, and he is Blough’s brother-in-law. Is he starting to waver for some reason?

One of his teammates is committed to Colorado. Looks like he’s going with his teammate to Colorado this weekend for their game against Stanford. Guess Colorado’s 247 guy thinks they can flip him.

Tonight Christian Gonzalez got a crystal ball pick to Colorado. He has been a verbal for a while, and he is Blough’s brother-in-law. Is he starting to waver for some reason?

No reason to think so...it’s one guy who writes for the Colorado site who changed his pick.

Having said that; Tis the season.

Colorado will sell him playing time versus competing versus Trice, Mackey and Majors.

Purdue coaches will counter that they aren’t afraid to play true freshman

And so on and so on

No reason to think so...it’s one guy who writes for the Colorado site who changed his pick.

Having said that; Tis the season.

Colorado will sell him playing time versus competing versus Trice, Mackey and Majors.

Purdue coaches will counter that they aren’t afraid to play true freshman

And so on and so on
Or that it won’t be hard to beat out Mackey or Major for playing time.

Last edited:
In terms of completion percentage against, Mackey is our best corner.
Ya. None were actually very good. Difference is one was a freshman and the others weren’t. Trice is playing corner for the 1st time in 6 years. He will continue to get better and already has 3 interceptions. I don’t think Mackey or Majors has 3 interceptions in their careers.

Reactions: DAG10
Ya. None were actually very good. Difference is one was a freshman and the others weren’t. Trice is playing corner for the 1st time in 6 years. He will continue to get better and already has 3 interceptions. I don’t think Mackey or Majors has 3 interceptions in their careers.
Majors had 3 last year. Mackey has 2

Interceptions is a bad metric. Pender was a good corner and barely intercepted it. Brown was a really good corner and had stone hands

Majors had 3 last year. Mackey has 2

Interceptions is a bad metric. Pender was a good corner and barely intercepted it. Brown was a really good corner and had stone hands
I don’t completely agree. It’s about being a very good all around corner. It’s been a while since Purdue has had really good all around corners. Facts are when a corner has good hands its does make teams think twice about going their way. Also the problem with Mackey and Majors is they aren’t very physical. Can’t play press coverage very well. Purdue needs to continue to get more athletic /stronger at the corner position. I think they can sell that to him pretty well.

Reactions: DAG10
I agree. Seem to be out of position a lot. Don't know what it is. Thought they would both be better this year.
I think it was the switch to cover 2 early in the year. Also, our LBs are terrible at getting into their drops puts safeties and corners in a bad spot.

I think it was the switch to cover 2 early in the year. Also, our LBs are terrible at getting into their drops puts safeties and corners in a bad spot.
I would agree with that. Plus when you have Thieneman and Mosley In there it does put even more pressure on the corners. Having better safeties will help next year.

I would agree with that. Plus when you have Thieneman and Mosley In there it does put even more pressure on the corners. Having better safeties will help next year.
Should help. Did Allen start over Brennan last game? I missed the first 10 minutes dealing with a toddler tantrum.

Should help. Did Allen start over Brennan last game? I missed the first 10 minutes dealing with a toddler tantrum.
I don’t think so. He still didn’t get as many snaps as Brennan , but his time is growing. I think kid will be a star.

I don’t think so. He still didn’t get as many snaps as Brennan , but his time is growing. I think kid will be a star.
Certainly picked up the position quickly. Appears to be tough against the run too.

who is this Majors you keep speaking of?

Looks like another towards Colorado on 247. I hope this kid stays committed because we need this type of athlete on defense.

Other than the Blough connection, it seemed like a random commit at the time. Not sure if this is an open period or not, but the bi-week is great timing for the coaching staff to pay him a visit this week.

Reactions: DAG10 and Poprudy
From what I gleaned, I think its a good possibility his friend/teammate flipped him to Colorado.

From what I gleaned, I think its a good possibility his friend/teammate flipped him to Colorado.
saw a good game too.
proxy.php

saw a good game too.
proxy.php
I can vouch for the campus...stunning, and, in a great area as well. Very much a "college town". As mentioned, his commitment kind of came out of nowhere, so, if he were to switch...while disappointing, I don't know that I would consider it any sort of shock.

It is now 55% Purdue to 45% Colorado. However, it looks like Steve might have changed his pick to Colorado now too, so I would say it is looking likely that we might have another scholarship open up soon.

It is now 55% Purdue to 45% Colorado. However, it looks like Steve might have changed his pick to Colorado now too, so I would say it is looking likely that we might have another scholarship open up soon.

Assuming this does happen, which we will probably find out soon, at least Purdue has the bye week to regroup and find someone else to add to this class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT