ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Gonzalez?

It shows on Gonzalez page on the timeline on 247 that he de committed today. Oh well good for him. Hate to miss out on good talent but it is what it is. Explains JuCo DB offer. Now I know Sanoussi Kane isn’t at Gonzalez level but if I recall, he hasn’t been playing football very long and has really improved. That dude looks like a physical specimen kind of like Jalen Graham. With Grant coming back next year and with Cam Allen, Graham we have some good young safeties.

It shows on Gonzalez page on the timeline on 247 that he de committed today. Oh well good for him. Hate to miss out on good talent but it is what it is. Explains JuCo DB offer. Now I know Sanoussi Kane isn’t at Gonzalez level but if I recall, he hasn’t been playing football very long and has really improved. That dude looks like a physical specimen kind of like Jalen Graham. With Grant coming back next year and with Cam Allen, Graham we have some good young safeties.

His twitter page still says he’s a Purdue commit. Until that changes...

If he decommits then yeah it stinks, but I will take all of the DBs all day long that want to be Boilermaker's and who our coaches believe can play at a B10 level...I don't want someone who is on the fence...look what happened to Dickerson in basketball. He will find a home but not where his heart was set on going and that sucks for him!

Stating speculations as fact is misrepresentation. You said Neal tweeted he was leaving. That was incorrect. You haven’t owned it.

I stated it as fact. My source was from somebody's post on this board. I can't find the source. I'm owning it. I don't post lies. I do share information I read posted from other people.

You seem really intent in your efforts to try to discredit my stance on this issue. You see m VERY INTENT to deny this.

What happened? Did I stumble onto a leak that I wasn't supposed to see ? much like that Austin leak confirming his commitment? that was denied for about a month?

Stating speculations as fact is misrepresentation. You said Neal tweeted he was leaving. That was incorrect. You haven’t owned it.

I don't believe I said he tweeted it. if I did say that, it's been deleted. I will say if I stated it, I saw it somewhere.

There's more than one thread that talks about Neal, his injury and him coming back.

I'm owning it. I saw it somewhere.

and it wasn't me who said he heard Neal, Moore and Bailey were coming back for the UW game.

Speaking of decommits, with Arkansas firing their coach, they just had 12 recruits decommit and are now looking for new homes. Some of them are elite 4 stars.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I don't believe I said he tweeted it. if I did say that, it's been deleted. I will say if I stated it, I saw it somewhere.

There's more than one thread that talks about Neal, his injury and him coming back.

I'm owning it. I saw it somewhere.

and it wasn't me who said he heard Neal, Moore and Bailey were coming back for the UW game.

You claimed that Neal tweeted he was going to be prepared for the combine so, yeah you DID say he tweeted it. It's just 1 page of posts prior to this page so not difficult to find. You need to admit that you made it up - no one else made that claim.

The CU 247 guy (the same one that had the first crystal ball flip) just posted this when asked what position he was being recruited for ..

"As a defensive back but I was also told CU coaches have told him he could play both sides of the ball and that's a big reason CU appeals to him."

If he's swayed by that, that's really unfortunate. That's a classic lie that dishonest recruiters use.

I haven't seen anything of him Flipping yet Purdue hasn't came out and said anything So Has he DE committed are not

I hate reading that he may decommit. My wife and I went to go watch him when his team had their homecoming. That wasn't the best game to showcase his talents, as their team easily won.

It didn't appear as if he was going 100% (even my wife noticed), but that was explainable with him playing both sides of the ball and playing an inferior opponent. When he did make plays, he looked very smooth. I think he caught two touchdowns and had one drop in the endzone. The other team didn't test him much when he was in coverage.

Well if he decommit Nobody at purdue Has said anything So as of right now hes still a Boilermaker

The CU 247 guy (the same one that had the first crystal ball flip) just posted this when asked what position he was being recruited for ..

"As a defensive back but I was also told CU coaches have told him he could play both sides of the ball and that's a big reason CU appeals to him."

If he's swayed by that, that's really unfortunate. That's a classic lie that dishonest recruiters use.
While I’m sure he’s a good receiver, there’s too much of a logjam here to promise him that. With Moore coming back plus Bell, Anderson, Wright, Sheffield, Rice, Carr, Sullivan, Marcellus Moore, etc it would be difficult. I think he would be a good DB for us but it’s not the end of the world. Hate to lose him but we’ll be alright

I'm pretty sure they can say he DE committed If that was the case nothing against that is there

Coaches/staff, etc cannot comment either way about specific recruits. Might see something from a beat reporter(Laffayette paper) or GBI staff though.

Reactions: Purdue11
If we can somehow get one of the other CBs we got in on last week then this is ok in the short-term. If not, it will leave a whole that will become a priority next class...

I’m a firm believer that a team’s record is a huge factor in a recruit’s decision. We had several commitments made after our bowl win and victories over Iowa, IU and OSU. Wins over UW and IU will go a long way to keeping our athletes committed. Losing, and they will start looking elsewhere regardless of who the coach is.

Look at KG’s brother. What is keeping him from making an early commitment? And why is he leaning to Michigan? If we were 6-4 rather than vice versa, his and other’s decisions to commit or stay committed to Purdue would be a lot easier.
Kevin Garnett?

Of course, when Painter/Brohm told Maliq Carr that he could be a walk-on for b-ball....
They didn't suggest that he'd actually see the floor, I hope....'20 '21 = mucho guard talent...

He flipped to Colorado. I guess we have another scholarship open now.

Christian Gonzalez Retweeted
KM3‏ @KeithMillerIII 11m11 minutes ago
The Colony, Texas —> Boulder, Colorado Welcome Family
2764.png

EJr18lVW4AUNg8d.jpg

Christian Gonzalez

He followed his friend. I think Purdue will be just fine. Good luck to the young man.
I think it was from the Notre Dame website, they talked about when he visited ND with a bunch of recruits he pretty much kept to himself and didn't really talk to anyone. He may just be a bit introverted and going to college with a good friend really outweighs everything else.

We will be fine. Should make for some interesting football banter with the in laws at family get togethers in the future.

Reactions: Poprudy
I'm not sure why we should be so high on our respective horses in comparison to Colorado's football program. I do know that in my lifetime they've spent more time being nationally relevant than Purdue has.

Good luck to the young man. Hopefully we find a quality kid to replace him. Looks like it might be the JUCO route based on what kind of offers we've been seeing.

Reactions: CJB1950 and phila
I'm not sure why we should be so high on our respective horses in comparison to Colorado's football program. I do know that in my lifetime they've spent more time being nationally relevant than Purdue has.

Good luck to the young man. Hopefully we find a quality kid to replace him. Looks like it might be the JUCO route based on what kind of offers we've been seeing.
running back out of New Pal.

Agree, good luck to him. He seems like a quality young man and I don't blame him for choosing what he feels is best for him.

Looks like the primary recent 2020 offers have been juco corners and linebacker with high school O line and QB/athlete. I'd love to see the O line prospects and linebacker commit first - areas of need for Purdue. Also have some offers out for highly rated 2021 backs and with the current roster one of those would be a great "get".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT