ADVERTISEMENT

Carr

Yes, but the US News rankings are not valid as indicated above so I do not understand the point.
I think 'not valid' is quite a stretch. I don't think academics will be a determining factor here.

Even though i'm a UGA grad I think he goes to Purdue because it's a better opportunity to shine at his position. UGA is running back U and throws the ball 30 times a game or less most of the time. There's good exposure if you really excel at UGA, but I think the system that Chaney ran while he was there made it really hard to showcase TE/WR talent. I think Isaac Nauta is a prime example of this. Kid was a 5 Star, #1 TE coming into school and was rarely used over his career. Was great when he was though. Left early and was a 6th or 7th round pick....mostly because of a lack of a solid track record or utilization. Mark my words....that guy is going to be an NFL stud and UGA had little use for him.

Yes I know Carr is a WR....but let's be honest....he'll be a big slot/inside WR here....so basically a TE

I think 'not valid' is quite a stretch. I don't think academics will be a determining factor here.

Even though i'm a UGA grad I think he goes to Purdue because it's a better opportunity to shine at his position. UGA is running back U and throws the ball 30 times a game or less most of the time. There's good exposure if you really excel at UGA, but I think the system that Chaney ran while he was there made it really hard to showcase TE/WR talent. I think Isaac Nauta is a prime example of this. Kid was a 5 Star, #1 TE coming into school and was rarely used over his career. Was great when he was though. Left early and was a 6th or 7th round pick....mostly because of a lack of a solid track record or utilization. Mark my words....that guy is going to be an NFL stud and UGA had little use for him.

Yes I know Carr is a WR....but let's be honest....he'll be a big slot/inside WR here....so basically a TE
Alabama is running back u

This is false. Check the USNWR rankings. Might shock you. Sure, if the kid wanted to be an engineer he should go to Purdue. Don't perpetuate a myth here that UGA isn't a good school though.
Or how about "a ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer"?

Look, I know sidewalk UGA "alums" and fans can be annoying...but you're letting your inferiority complex slip in here. I don't know of a single person except you who would put Clemson over UGA academically.
Side note: Ask any SEC fan which school has the most annoying fans and most would have UGA near the top or at the top. They are notoriously bad. Having said that, I know and work with a several Clemson grads that picked Clemson over UGA (engineers mostly)

Side note: Ask any SEC fan which school has the most annoying fans and most would have UGA near the top or at the top. They are notoriously bad. Having said that, I know and work with a several Clemson grads that picked Clemson over UGA (engineers mostly)

Sure. This is mostly rooted in the fact that if you're from GA and have no actual college affiliations you generally pick the state team. It's the same reason that rednecks in Indiana support IU basketball and ND football. At the same time though...support of the non-affiliated is a great way to drive revenue and create a program that has a huge fanbase and recruits well...

UGA isn't an engineering school. If I wanted to be an engineer, I wouldn't have gone there....pretty simple. I think Clemson is a strong Ag school and strong in engineering around Ag as well. Would make sense that engineers wanted to go there over a place that only recently started an engineering program....

I'd be curious to see something supporting this.

I've had 2 kids enter college. Never once gave a fat rat's arse about the arbitrary USNWR ranking.
Because you are one of the smart ones. Remember there is a lot of ignorance out there that pick up and read magazines and make their decisions.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT