ADVERTISEMENT

By now would all Grad Transfers be complete?

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
I'm not aware of enough Tranfer Portal timelines. I'm aware enough to know that if any were in the pipeline they likely would be on campus going thru Summer workouts. Am I missing any transfers that could be late additions? OL in particular?

https://gradtransfertracker.com/potential-transfers-2019

I found this site that seems to collaborate grad transfers. No idea how accurate it is as I just googled without any kind of reference.

Plenty of OL. Plenty of all players really. I would think there can't be much more time left for these guys though. If you only get one year I would think you wouldn't want to be more behind the 8-ball than you already are. Maybe most are staying put but their name is still in the portal.

I believe Shane Evans was the latest grad transfer pickup of the Brohm era, announcing on June 2. So yeah, it's getting awfully late. I'm not sure we have any open spots left, anyway. Time to hold our collective breath and hope some of the youngsters can emerge in fall camp.

I believe Shane Evans was the latest grad transfer pickup of the Brohm era, announcing on June 2. So yeah, it's getting awfully late. I'm not sure we have any open spots left, anyway. Time to hold our collective breath and hope some of the youngsters can emerge in fall camp.

It’s time for Stickford, Beach, Washington, Bramel, McKenna, and Miller to fill in. 3 redshirt sophomores and 2 redshirt freshmen. Not to mention the 4 true freshmen Holstege, Jornigan, Craig, and Monnot. Monnot is a sure red shirt, but the other 3 true freshmen will have a chance to prove they deserve to play right away.

OL and DL are the biggest (/only?) worries. This will be the most complete overall team. The two prior years were left with huge vacancies all over one side of the ball or the other.

Reactions: 72Boiler
At this point the only possibility would be a player finishing up his degree in summer school and has not graduated yet…not that I know of any in that situation!

It’s time for Stickford, Beach, Washington, Bramel, McKenna, and Miller to fill in. 3 redshirt sophomores and 2 redshirt freshmen. Not to mention the 4 true freshmen Holstege, Jornigan, Craig, and Monnot. Monnot is a sure red shirt, but the other 3 true freshmen will have a chance to prove they deserve to play right away.

OL and DL are the biggest (/only?) worries. This will be the most complete overall team. The two prior years were left with huge vacancies all over one side of the ball or the other.
I also think it will be interesting to see who emerges at running back.

I also think it will be interesting to see who emerges at running back.
Speaking of running backs, has anyone heard anything about Fuller? It doesn't sound good for Worship, but I'd love to see Fuller surprise everyone; like he did before he got hurt.

Speaking of running backs, has anyone heard anything about Fuller? It doesn't sound good for Worship, but I'd love to see Fuller surprise everyone; like he did before he got hurt.
What is wrong with Worship?

Everything I have heard lately on Worship has not been encouraging for this year. Can Worship apply for a medical redshirt or is he likely done if he does not play this year?
Yea, but will he be able to play the following year? If it’s this bad 18 months out, will he play at a high level again?

So, again, what about Fuller, please?

Well Fuller did post to Twitter a while back that everyone should be ready to be shocked that he was preparing for something big. I’m assuming he thinks he’s going to have a big year.
Now that's what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

There are plenty of players available still, but there are other factors at play:

1. Is the player a Big Ten caliber player?
2. If he is a BIG level player, does he fit into a position of need?
3. If yes, why did he leave the previous school? Is is academics related? Does he have a criminal past? Was he popped for too many failed drug tests?

If you see a kid transferring from a Power 5 program and they are still available at this time of the year there is likely a "NO" related to question 1/2, or the answer to question 3 is not a good answer.

At this point the only possibility would be a player finishing up his degree in summer school and has not graduated yet…not that I know of any in that situation!
This is more common than some may think, especially for those who entered the portal late, deciding to do so after spring football and a critical evaluation of where they stand on their current team's depth chart. The summer semesters will be wrapping up in the next 2 or 3 weeks and we'll see more of those in the portal landing on new teams once they've met the requirements for graduation at their current institutions. Purdue (and most schools for that matter) likely wouldn't announce transfers until they are official, which means that all of the requirements have been met for graduation at the current institution AND for admission to the new school AND NCAA approval. Most of these transfers from players in the portal will still occur prior to the start of fall camp on Aug. 1, but it's not out the realm of possibility that one could be added as late as mid August. I'll be shocked if Purdue doesn't land at least 1 OL or DL transfer by the end of the first week of August as Brohm has already indicated a desire to add one (at least).

As a side note, just because a player enters the portal doesn't mean that he's absolutely transferring. Some players will choose to remain where they are if they aren't offer an opportunity at another school that is more appealing to them.

There are plenty of players available still, but there are other factors at play:

1. Is the player a Big Ten caliber player?
2. If he is a BIG level player, does he fit into a position of need?
3. If yes, why did he leave the previous school? Is is academics related? Does he have a criminal past? Was he popped for too many failed drug tests?

If you see a kid transferring from a Power 5 program and they are still available at this time of the year there is likely a "NO" related to question 1/2, or the answer to question 3 is not a good answer.

Or it could also be that they need the summer to complete the requirements to graduate and become eligible to transfer.

Reactions: pboiler18
Or it could also be that they need the summer to complete the requirements to graduate and become eligible to transfer.

Power 5 level Graduate Transfers already have their destinations chosen by July. Finishing their degree is just a formality. The random shocking Grad Transfer out of nowhere isn't the norm.

Power 5 level Graduate Transfers already have their destinations chosen by July. Finishing their degree is just a formality. The random shocking Grad Transfer out of nowhere isn't the norm.

Agree that it's not the norm. I'm just saying that it could be a possibility. It could also be that decisions have already been made, and not yet announced, which is more likely than a shock transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT