ADVERTISEMENT

Butler v. Purdue Game Thread (Crossroads Classic 2021)

So long Crossroads!

dawgride.jpg

If you had told me before the season that Purdue would be 10-1 and win the Crossroads - probably would have taken that.

Liked the consistent effort today - and much better decision-making from the Boilers. Keep it up, and they will be tough for anyone to beat them.

Unless they get a lot better before the season is over I don't see Butler as a "good" win this season.
Butler will get some conference wins that will help. Stillborn a while since Purdue played a little more focused

Butler needs to fire Lavell. He's not much of a coach my friend.
The Butler board has a few sharing that thought. I have an ex Butler player there from 60 years ago I stay in touch with...just a bit over the course of a year. He was telling me about the athletic ability of Texas Tech when they beat Purdue without Haas before the game. He was off their board for a while and shares messages with more explayers from Butler as well as some that were just all-state in Indiana. Butler was short handed, missed some shots they might make and Purdue played closer to their abilities IMO. I thought you could see early that Purdue was up into them, but just falling short the last 5 seconds or so with a bit of desparate shooting.

I hope Purdue doesn't think they have arrived as the next game will be different as will those that follow. Jaden isn't going to shoot like he did today and the other teams are going to score a bit more. However, Purdue will get better if the focus and each player doing what he can do best without the experimentation on the court into "other" skill areas...

The Butler board has a few sharing that thought. I have an ex Butler player there from 60 years ago I stay in touch with...just a bit over the course of a year. He was telling me about the athletic ability of Texas Tech when they beat Purdue without Haas before the game. He was off their board for a while and shares messages with more explayers from Butler as well as some that were just all-state in Indiana. Butler was short handed, missed some shots they might make and Purdue played closer to their abilities IMO. I thought you could see early that Purdue was up into them, but just falling short the last 5 seconds or so with a bit of desparate shooting.

I hope Purdue doesn't think they have arrived as the next game will be different as will those that follow. Jaden isn't going to shoot like he did today and the other teams are going to score a bit more. However, Purdue will get better if the focus and each player doing what he can do best without the experimentation on the court into "other" skill areas...
Yep, those pesky other skill areas are known to have been the downfall of many good players! Someone wise once said, "Maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses."

As much as I enjoyed watching our game, I really enjoyed the looks on the faces of the IU fans. You could just see them thinking “Holy crap these guys are even better than before and they’ve kicked our butts for the last 5 years. It’s going to be another long year “.

Hate to admit this - but the Purdue team I saw destroy Butler today is capable of winning a National Championship. It was just a wonderful display of unselfish basketball and great shooting talent. Ivey is incredible.

That being said, I hope you get to the final game and lose. Best of luck.

• Haha
Reactions: Abugabby
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT