ADVERTISEMENT

BTT draw ...

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
If Purdue beats Wisconsin Sunday, it's locked in as the sixth seed in the tournament, playing the 9 p.m. game on Thursday against either the No. 14 (likely Illinois) or No. 11 (likely Penn State).

There's potentially a pretty good avenue to Saturday developing for the Boilermakers, at least in my opinion.

If Indiana beats Penn State at home on Sunday and if Ohio State wins at Michigan State, then the Hoosiers are the 3 seed, based on their win over MSU. So Purdue's Friday opponent would be Indiana, a better matchup than the Spartans.

A best-case scenario for Purdue: Beat Wisconsin, beat PSU (which won't be easy, I don't think), beat IU, lose to Maryland, and get a 7 seed in the NCAA.

Yea it took all we had to win at Penn State. Double OT I think?

And you're right, of the top 4 seed, IU is certainly the one we match up best with, not to mention the only one we beat in the regular season.

All that said, the Wisconsin game can't be taken for granted. It's basically a play-in game to get into the tournament and they beat us earlier this month. Hopefully the team keeps their eye on the ball. They'll have plenty of time to worry about BTT scenarios after this weekend. Until then, we'll figure it out for them.

I will be really disappointed if we don't beat Wisc on Senior Day. They beat us close up there when we were at our worst and is the only team to lose twice to hapless Illinois. But they have won some games that no one thought they would like most of the BT. Purdue is playing better now and there has to be a revenge motive there and wanting badly to win for Thornton, Hamby, and Wilson on Senior Day. The BTT will be defined as success by one thing. How long can we avoid OSU or MD, teams i do not think we can beat. The rest we can lose or win to which is all you can really ask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT