ADVERTISEMENT

Ten Games Left - Predictions

These guys win, but I would think the #1 team would blow out a few teams here & there ....by 10-20. Surprised we haven't seen more of that from this #1 team. I know AL, the number 2 team has a few close games, but has there share of blow outs on their resume.

Thus, I will guess a few of these narrow Purdue wins go the other way & we lose maybe 3? Perhaps....@ iu, MD, & either NW or W. Thus, because of my prediction......we will go undefeated, as the last time I predicted games, I missed 3 in a row. Lol.
Your 'Bama comments didn't age well...lost by 30. We won by 20 today...

Some of you are predicting 6-4 in the final 10?? that would mean now going 5-4 after today's win.

What in the world are some of you watching? 9-1 is possible. 8-2 is most likely.

Reactions: DrEss
I don't see an IU loss PaBoiler. I just don't think they have enough heart for the battle.

IU has more talent, but Purdue is better coached. And the home grown in-state kids on Purdue's team always gives the Boilers additional motivation.

IU has more talent, but Purdue is better coached. And the home grown in-state kids on Purdue's team always gives the Boilers additional motivation.

We have the best individual talent in college bball at center. Tired of taking down our talent, for some weird angle. There's no world where this current IU team is more talented than this Purdue team. Forget his rankings and whatever decade old talking point you want to cling to

I disagree about the talent level Andy. TJD is a 5th year player who is currently projected to be drafted mid, to late second round, Race is good (better in ways that TJD), Hood is a solid player who may test PU's young guards a bit, but I'll take the PU lineup through the top ten players over IU's. Remember this....First, Renn, Gillis, Newman, and Jenkins will have a lot to say about who wins these games. Purdue wins because of the word team, and because of Painter's discipline which IU doesn't have.

Last edited:
I disagree about the talent level Andy. TJD is a 5th year player who most likely won't be drafted, Race is good (better overall than TJD), Hood is a solid player who may test PU's young guards a bit, but I'll take the PU lineup through the top ten players over IU's. Purdue wins because of the word team, and because of Painter's discipline which IU doesn't have.
Yeah, sorry guys. My comment about talent was for the benefit of the lurking IU fans who come here every year telling us how they bring in more talent. Based on "expert" ratings, it's been true for years. We even have one on the board right now continuously arguing that their center is better than Edy.

Updated Big Ten standings

1. Purdue 10-1
2. Northwestern 6-3
3. Rutgers 6-4
3. Indiana 6-4
3. Illinois 6-4
6. Michigan State 6-5
7. Iowa 5-5
7. Maryland 5-5
7. Michigan 5-5
7. Penn State 5-5
11. Wisconsin 4-6
12. Ohio State 3-7
13. Nebraska 3-8
14. Minnesota 1-9

I disagree about the talent level Andy. TJD is a 5th year player who is currently projected to be drafted mid, to late second round, Race is good (better in ways that TJD), Hood is a solid player who may test PU's young guards a bit, but I'll take the PU lineup through the top ten players over IU's. Remember this....First, Renn, Gillis, Newman, and Jenkins will have a lot to say about who wins these games. Purdue wins because of the word team, and because of Painter's discipline which IU doesn't have.
The biggest difference will be that very literal BIG difference. Indiana just doesn't have the matchup for it.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Updated Big Ten standings

1. Purdue 10-1
2. Northwestern 6-3
3. Rutgers 6-4
3. Indiana 6-4
3. Illinois 6-4
6. Michigan State 6-5
7. Iowa 5-5
7. Maryland 5-5
7. Michigan 5-5
7. Penn State 5-5
11. Wisconsin 4-6
12. Ohio State 3-7
13. Nebraska 3-8
14. Minnesota 1-9
Someone coulda made bank betting this list at this time. WHOA NELLIE - so, NIL bought #3, 7, and 12!!!!

I just want our Boilers to win enough so that the Feb 25 home game vs the Hillbillies is for the outright B1G Conference season championship. That possibility and the 7:30pm tip would create a campus environment that would be a bit nutty.
I know there is the site where you can run simulations and see who ends up winning and seeding. Would be curious to know when we is the earliest we could claim at least a share of the regular season title.

We have 9 games left and a 3.5 game lead now. Is that 4/5 wins?

I know there is the site where you can run simulations and see who ends up winning and seeding. Would be curious to know when we is the earliest we could claim at least a share of the regular season title.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

Pretty simple really. Rutgers is 6-4, so they can win out and go 16-4. Therefore Purdue would need to go 7-2 for the outright title. Obviously Rutgers used because they have the tiebreaker. Same goes for Indiana and Illinois though.

Northwestern is technically in second right now @ 6-3......that's three games in the standings from 10-1 (but just two in the loss column).

Purdue is in really good shape, but a lot of work left to do. Next two games are HUGE, but they pretty much all are now.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
If I had to bet my money....

9bee938830893e8b184fea3509171360.gif

WIN Jan. 29, Sun., vs. Michigan State, 12:15 p.m., CBS Going to be a one possession game again
WIN Feb. 1, Wed., vs. Penn State, 6:30 p.m., BTN They scare me but I like that we're at home
LOSS Feb. 4, Sat., at Indiana, 4 p.m., ESPN/2 This is their Super Bowl with us being #1. A typical rivalry game, we lose by 20. the underdog usually wins these big. Sorry guys.
WIN Feb. 9, Thur., vs. Iowa, 7 p.m., ESPN2 Screw you Fran lolol
LOSS Feb. 12, Sun., at Northwestern, 2 p.m., BTN Again, their Super Bowl and we're bound to lose one of these road games.
LOSS Feb. 16, Thur., at Maryland, 6:30 p.m., BTN Reeling from the NW loss and on the road again.
WIN Feb. 19, Sun., vs. Ohio State, 1 p.m., CBS Again, always a tough game but we're at home.
WIN Feb. 25, Sat., vs. Indiana, 7:30 p.m., Fox Revenge. Adjustments from game one and Edey destroys them.
LOSS March 2, Thur., at Wisconsin, 9 p.m., FS1 Out of no where is this loss, it's how the B1G works.
WIN March 5, Sun., vs. Illinois, 12:30 p.m., Fox Usually a scary game but Illinois is really falling apart right now. Maybe they get their crap together by this game (I hope not).

26-5 would be one heck of a record going into the BTT
We’ve been WAY to good on the road to lose out the rest of our road games. 0% chance that happens

Reactions: Do Dah Day

WIN Jan. 29, Sun., vs. Michigan State, 12:15 p.m., CBS Going to be a one possession game again
WIN Feb. 1, Wed., vs. Penn State, 6:30 p.m., BTN They scare me but I like that we're at home
LOSS Feb. 4, Sat., at Indiana, 4 p.m., ESPN/2 This is their Super Bowl with us being #1. A typical rivalry game, we lose by 20. the underdog usually wins these big. Sorry guys.
LOSS Feb. 12, Sun., at Northwestern, 2 p.m., BTN Again, their Super Bowl and we're bound to lose one of these road games.
LOSS Feb. 16, Thur., at Maryland, 6:30 p.m., BTN Reeling from the NW loss and on the road again.
WIN Feb. 19, Sun., vs. Ohio State, 1 p.m., CBS Again, always a tough game but we're at home.
WIN Feb. 25, Sat., vs. Indiana, 7:30 p.m., Fox Revenge. Adjustments from game one and Edey destroys them.
LOSS March 2, Thur., at Wisconsin, 9 p.m., FS1 Out of no where is this loss, it's how the B1G works.
WIN March 5, Sun., vs. Illinois, 12:30 p.m., Fox Usually a scary game but Illinois is really falling apart right now. Maybe they get their crap together by this game (I hope not).

Illinois is actually playing better of late save their loss to Indiana, although Mayer was supposedly ill. Illinois' defense is good, but the offense needs to improve. Clark leaving actually seems to have helped, as was mentioned in another post. A key for Illinois would be improving their 3 point shooting - it is often subpar which doesn't seem to keep them from taking a lot of them in some cases. Perhaps the return of Goode would help, but he hasn't played in an actual game so you have to wonder how effective he would be and how easily he will be integrated into the lineup.

I will be interested to see how Illinois fare against Purdue, you have to believe they will be up for the game like every other team that plays Purdue right now.

Barring an injury to Edey, I don't see anyone besides Purdue winning the conference title.

I'm 3-0 so far. I hope I am wrong on 2 of these three loss predictions.

Northwestern has fallen off a little the past couple weeks. I've never hoped to be wrong so much. lol. 4-0 so far though... we need to flip one of my predictions to a win the B1G Championship outright. We need 4 more and Sunday is a great time to steal a road win.

Last edited:
My prediction is that Newman is playing himself back in to the dog house and will not be in the rotation. Sound familiar?

My prediction is that Newman is playing himself back in to the dog house and will not be in the rotation. Sound familiar?
Painter has consistently ended the year with a 7/8 man rotation,

Newman got 4 minutes last night in a fairly comfortable win. We'll see what happens on Sunday but if he doesn't play more than 7 or 8 minutes you may be on to something.

Reactions: mean_gene
Painter has consistently ended the year with a 7/8 man rotation,

Newman got 4 minutes last night in a fairly comfortable win. We'll see what happens on Sunday but if he doesn't play more than 7 or 8 minutes you may be on to something.
Painter will play his players based on matchups.
Newman got in and immediately turned it over under the pressure of the press.
He also took an ill advised drive to the basket which resulted in a turnover.
This match up was not good for Newman, he is not known for his ball handling abilities.
Newman will see some significant minutes yet and contribute.

Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT