ADVERTISEMENT

Ten Games Left - Predictions

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
Here are the next ten games ... where will we stand before the B1G tourney (just for fun ... !!!!)

Jan. 29, Sun., vs. Michigan State, 12:15 p.m., CBS
Feb. 1, Wed., vs. Penn State, 6:30 p.m., BTN
Feb. 4, Sat., at Indiana, 4 p.m., ESPN/2
Feb. 9, Thur., vs. Iowa, 7 p.m., ESPN2
Feb. 12, Sun., at Northwestern, 2 p.m., BTN
Feb. 16, Thur., at Maryland, 6:30 p.m., BTN
Feb. 19, Sun., vs. Ohio State, 1 p.m., CBS
Feb. 25, Sat., vs. Indiana, 7:30 p.m., Fox
March 2, Thur., at Wisconsin, 9 p.m., FS1
March 5, Sun., vs. Illinois, 12:30 p.m., Fox

I think we may lose at IU (POTFH !!!)
hmmm ... we will probably lose another one---
Maybe ... damn... I just don't see another one

Reactions: purduepat1969
My gut tells me 8-2 or 7-3. I say Purdue splits with Indiana and loses at least one of the other remaining road games: Maryland, Wisconsin, and Northwestern. The back half of the schedule is tougher than the first half, so I won't be surprised if there's another loss in there somewhere.

On the flip side, 16-4 is almost guaranteed to get at least a share of the B1G title.

Here are the next ten games ... where will we stand before the B1G tourney (just for fun ... !!!!)

@ Indinana is a very strong possibility if Race is still healthy. But I think PU has more diversity in scoring and the Boilers play defense at a higher level. But as we all know, Ass Hall is a tough place to play with the crowd intimidation toward the officiating crew. PU in a squeaker.

The three teams I'm most concerned with are PSU, the Turtleheads, and Northwestern. I think PU loses one more league game, and I'm going with Turtleheads at home.

Reactions: rgarlitz
@ Indinana is a very strong possibility if Race is still healthy. But I think PU has more diversity in scoring and the Boilers play defense at a higher level. But as we all know, Ass Hall is a tough place to play with the crowd intimidation toward the officiating crew. PU in a squeaker.

The three teams I'm most concerned with are PSU, the Turtleheads, and Northwestern. I think PU loses one more league game, and I'm going with Turtleheads at home.
I can go with at Northwestern ... which is still fine with me. Not that any loss is "fine" with me.

My gut tells me 8-2 or 7-3. I say Purdue splits with Indiana and loses at least one of the other remaining road games: Maryland, Wisconsin, and Northwestern. The back half of the schedule is tougher than the first half, so I won't be surprised if there's another loss in there somewhere.

On the flip side, 16-4 is almost guaranteed to get at least a share of the B1G title.
16-4 pretty much guarentees the title I would think.

Purdue is 9-1 with 6 wins on the road, what other team is going to win 6? Purdue I believe will win 2 more road games at min. The only other team with a winning road record is Northwestern at 3-1, Rutgers and Illinois are at 2-2 both with 6 more road games each. All other teams are under water. If Purdue wins at min. 8 road wins, they almost have to self destruct at home. It's possible but hardly unlikely. Northwestern might win 2 or 3 more on the road, but already has lost 2 home games. Rutgers has the toughest road schedule left, maybe 4 more wins max (@Ohio ST cost them). Can IU go perfect on the road the rest of the way, already with 3 loses, I see at least 2 or 3 loses more there for them and maybe another loss at home. Basically it is going to be really hard for any other BT team to get to 5 wins on the road, if Purdue can get to 8 wins that would be a 3 game road cushion!

Purdue is 9-1 with 6 wins on the road, what other team is going to win 6? Purdue I believe will win 2 more road games at min. The only other team with a winning road record is Northwestern at 3-1, Rutgers and Illinois are at 2-2 both with 6 more road games each. All other teams are under water. If Purdue wins at min. 8 road wins, they almost have to self destruct at home. It's possible but hardly unlikely. Northwestern might win 2 or 3 more on the road, but already has lost 2 home games. Rutgers has the toughest road schedule left, maybe 4 more wins max (@Ohio ST cost them). Can IU go perfect on the road the rest of the way, already with 3 loses, I see at least 2 or 3 loses more there for them and maybe another loss at home. Basically it is going to be really hard for any other BT team to get to 5 wins on the road, if Purdue can get to 8 wins that would be a 3 game road cushion!
def lose one of the iu games and 2 others

These guys win, but I would think the #1 team would blow out a few teams here & there ....by 10-20. Surprised we haven't seen more of that from this #1 team. I know AL, the number 2 team has a few close games, but has there share of blow outs on their resume.

Thus, I will guess a few of these narrow Purdue wins go the other way & we lose maybe 3? Perhaps....@ iu, MD, & either NW or W. Thus, because of my prediction......we will go undefeated, as the last time I predicted games, I missed 3 in a row. Lol.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
These guys win, but I would think the #1 team would blow out a few teams here & there ....by 10-20. Surprised we haven't seen more of that from this #1 team. I know AL, the number 2 team has a few close games, but has there share of blow outs on their resume.

Thus, I will guess a few of these narrow Purdue wins go the other way & we lose maybe 3? Perhaps....@ iu, MD, & either NW or W. Thus, because of my prediction......we wille go undefeated, as the last time I predicted games, I missed 3 in a row. Lol.
Purdue is a real bad matchup for Northwestern and Wisconsin, I think Edey should feast!

Lose IU away and one other away, plus upset once at home. Everyone else loses at least two so Purdue wins the title.

8-2 .....would prefer 10-0

Hey Do Dah.....what's with the avatar.....is that 1) you cross dressing 🤣 teasing 2) your girl friend - 3) or wife.....my wife's got the whip but wears a granny gown ....🤣

Illinois shows flashes of brilliance and they are great when they do. But, if Morton can handle guarding Terrance Shannon (which I think he can), then we should be OK.
So I looked them up and since Skyy Clark left and they don’t have a true PG, they are statistically better. Addition by subtraction.

Agree, Morton will get the task of guarding Shannon. Will be curious how we handle Hawkins because he can be a challenge since he is a 4 that tends to play on the wing.

9-1 in regular season, lose a game like the Rutgers game that should of been a win.

Lose the championship game of the B10 tournament in the same way.

Monkeys gets off our back, Run the table and win the big dance.

If I had to bet my money....

9bee938830893e8b184fea3509171360.gif

WIN Jan. 29, Sun., vs. Michigan State, 12:15 p.m., CBS Going to be a one possession game again
WIN Feb. 1, Wed., vs. Penn State, 6:30 p.m., BTN They scare me but I like that we're at home
LOSS Feb. 4, Sat., at Indiana, 4 p.m., ESPN/2 This is their Super Bowl with us being #1. A typical rivalry game, we lose by 20. the underdog usually wins these big. Sorry guys.
WIN Feb. 9, Thur., vs. Iowa, 7 p.m., ESPN2 Screw you Fran lolol
LOSS Feb. 12, Sun., at Northwestern, 2 p.m., BTN Again, their Super Bowl and we're bound to lose one of these road games.
LOSS Feb. 16, Thur., at Maryland, 6:30 p.m., BTN Reeling from the NW loss and on the road again.
WIN Feb. 19, Sun., vs. Ohio State, 1 p.m., CBS Again, always a tough game but we're at home.
WIN Feb. 25, Sat., vs. Indiana, 7:30 p.m., Fox Revenge. Adjustments from game one and Edey destroys them.
LOSS March 2, Thur., at Wisconsin, 9 p.m., FS1 Out of no where is this loss, it's how the B1G works.
WIN March 5, Sun., vs. Illinois, 12:30 p.m., Fox Usually a scary game but Illinois is really falling apart right now. Maybe they get their crap together by this game (I hope not).

26-5 would be one heck of a record going into the BTT

So I looked them up and since Skyy Clark left and they don’t have a true PG, they are statistically better. Addition by subtraction.

Agree, Morton will get the task of guarding Shannon. Will be curious how we handle Hawkins because he can be a challenge since he is a 4 that tends to play on the wing.
I think Caleb and Mason are each capable of handling Hawkins, but if Hawkins plays the 5, it would be trouble on the defensive end (and Zach would also feast on the offensive end). Zach versus Dainja will be fun to watch.

If I had to bet my money....

9bee938830893e8b184fea3509171360.gif

WIN Jan. 29, Sun., vs. Michigan State, 12:15 p.m., CBS Going to be a one possession game again
WIN Feb. 1, Wed., vs. Penn State, 6:30 p.m., BTN They scare me but I like that we're at home
LOSS Feb. 4, Sat., at Indiana, 4 p.m., ESPN/2 This is their Super Bowl with us being #1. A typical rivalry game, we lose by 20. the underdog usually wins these big. Sorry guys.
WIN Feb. 9, Thur., vs. Iowa, 7 p.m., ESPN2 Screw you Fran lolol
LOSS Feb. 12, Sun., at Northwestern, 2 p.m., BTN Again, their Super Bowl and we're bound to lose one of these road games.
LOSS Feb. 16, Thur., at Maryland, 6:30 p.m., BTN Reeling from the NW loss and on the road again.
WIN Feb. 19, Sun., vs. Ohio State, 1 p.m., CBS Again, always a tough game but we're at home.
WIN Feb. 25, Sat., vs. Indiana, 7:30 p.m., Fox Revenge. Adjustments from game one and Edey destroys them.
LOSS March 2, Thur., at Wisconsin, 9 p.m., FS1 Out of no where is this loss, it's how the B1G works.
WIN March 5, Sun., vs. Illinois, 12:30 p.m., Fox Usually a scary game but Illinois is really falling apart right now. Maybe they get their crap together by this game (I hope not).

26-5 would be one heck of a record going into the BTT
I doubt Purdue will lose out on the road. Purdue probably won't win out on the road, but I doubt the team goes from undefeated on the road to losing.

I just want our Boilers to win enough so that the Feb 25 home game vs the Hillbillies is for the outright B1G Conference season championship. That possibility and the 7:30pm tip would create a campus environment that would be a bit nutty.

I just want our Boilers to win enough so that the Feb 25 home game vs the Hillbillies is for the outright B1G Conference season championship. That possibility and the 7:30pm tip would create a campus environment that would be a bit nutty.
And we can have the confetti come down again after the game.

I'll go with 10-0. Looking like that kind of season for Purdue.

No, they won't lose to Indiana.

Personally, I think 10-0 is just unrealistic. Going 19-1 would be awesome, of course. But it would also be unprecedented, not just for Purdue--for the entire league.

Purdue is going to play A LOT of teams over the next six weeks that see our Boilers as the ultimate signature win. We'll get everybody's best shot, every time out.

I will say this: the last time Purdue got through the B1G schedule with just one loss they went on to play for the national championship. So, there's that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT