ADVERTISEMENT

Broken play / downfield pass ruled incomplete

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
In the 4th quarter, thete was a broken play and a long downfield pass.

Did TV show a better angle that confirms an incomplete?

It looked like he caught it bases on what they showed on the screen in the stadium.

In the 4th quarter, thete was a broken play and a long downfield pass.

Did TV show a better angle that confirms an incomplete?

It looked like he caught it bases on what they showed on the screen in the stadium.
I assume you’re talking about the Durham catch. I’d lean towards it not being a catch. Came out a bit and he didn’t totally control it.

Good play but I’d agree with the review here.

If you're speaking to the play with Payne Durham, yes......ball hit touched the ground, and the question was whether he had control of it when it was in contact with the turf - probably the right call (even as an overturn), but I've seen more dubious ones stand. Heck of an effort to make it that close.

Just another example of the close but no cigar Boilers.

If you're speaking to the play with Payne Durham, yes......ball hit touched the ground, and the question was whether he had control of it when it was in contact with the turf - probably the right call (even as an overturn), but I've seen more dubious ones stand. Heck of an effort to make it that close.

About 4-5 plays that if they go the other way we win this game. Sucks. I’d rather get blown out than just flat blow the game.

About 4-5 plays that if they go the other way we win this game. Sucks. I’d rather get blown out than just flat blow the game.
Aidan ovethrows receiver in the three and out that led to good field position for PSU and a TD. The Sheffield fumble with us threatening in the red zone that turned into another PSU TD. Backbreakers. Still, the D had it's moments and the O is productive. We play this good against the rest of the slate (and eliminate the freebie length of the field in penalties) and we'll win. We improve and we'll give Wisky a run for their money.

Aidan ovethrows receiver in the three and out that led to good field position for PSU and a TD. The Sheffield fumble with us threatening in the red zone that turned into another PSU TD. Backbreakers. Still, the D had it's moments and the O is productive. We play this good against the rest of the slate (and eliminate the freebie length of the field in penalties) and we'll win. We improve and we'll give Wisky a run for their money.
If they somehow find a way to break "the streak" on 10/22, that would more than offset this loss.

Thompson drop would have been a first down and used more time up and no kick from EZ

Do you no where that phrase came from?
close but no cigar
In the 1800s carnaval games gave away cigars as prizes.

I imagine Payne can grip the ball with one hand where most of us could not pull it out.

Reactions: NVboiler
Do you no where that phrase came from?
close but no cigar
In the 1800s carnaval games gave away cigars as prizes.

18vt7z.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT