ADVERTISEMENT

Little basketball things can make big differences.

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
I told Kim when it happened that Braden just set that up. You will see Braden around 8 seconds in, take a step back relaxing the defense and a second later hitting Zach who knew to be ready (I think every Purdue player by now must be aware when Braden has the ball) with a fastball strike. That pass wouldn't have happened without his show of retreat and yet was on the attack.

Does Kim ever disagree with your hoops analysis (which always looks good to me)?
I got to be honest. As an example I waited for her to get home thinking she probably wanted to watch it again. I told her in advance I was going to stop it a few times as I wanted to review some things to see if I could learn a bit on what I was wanting to watch. Peacock is a bear to try to rewind because it always takes you a commercial and after several times of going through a commercial trying to see positions, players and if things changed off of makes and misses, who had the ball, locations and who was out there all in a few second clip I was going back and forth and standing by the TV and saying now watch this? No, she isn't as interested in the particulars, but she is getting more interested as time goes on. I have or operate more on math/stats whereas she is much more creative and you can see that in basketball as well. That said, she knows not to ask me if I saw that person...while the game is going on. ;)

She knows I like seeing some of the details in which ironically is a simple game. We get to a game 60-90 minutes ahead of the game. We make a couple of laps and I usually try to catch Dave Schellhase to say hello and almost always shake Dustin's hand and chat for just a few. Then she may still be walking, but I may be sitting in the handicap seat (nobody there) or standing and just watching the warmups. Years ago I used to point out how Aaron Wheeler shot in warmups relative to how high he jumped and then pointed out that in a game he jumped much higher and shot worse.

Like a teacher in the classroom, I have a "captive audience". Like a teach in the classroom I can tell when she just wants to see from a mile away. She just knows its my thing...trying to understand AND liking basketball. ;) Bottom line---if she disagrees she doesn't tell me! ;)

I got to be honest. As an example I waited for her to get home thinking she probably wanted to watch it again. I told her in advance I was going to stop it a few times as I wanted to review some things to see if I could learn a bit on what I was wanting to watch. Peacock is a bear to try to rewind because it always takes you a commercial and after several times of going through a commercial trying to see positions, players and if things changed off of makes and misses, who had the ball, locations and who was out there all in a few second clip I was going back and forth and standing by the TV and saying now watch this? No, she isn't as interested in the particulars, but she is getting more interested as time goes on. I have or operate more on math/stats whereas she is much more creative and you can see that in basketball as well. That said, she knows not to ask me if I saw that person...while the game is going on. ;)

She knows I like seeing some of the details in which ironically is a simple game. We get to a game 60-90 minutes ahead of the game. We make a couple of laps and I usually try to catch Dave Schellhase to say hello and almost always shake Dustin's hand and chat for just a few. Then she may still be walking, but I may be sitting in the handicap seat (nobody there) or standing and just watching the warmups. Years ago I used to point out how Aaron Wheeler shot in warmups relative to how high he jumped and then pointed out that in a game he jumped much higher and shot worse.

Like a teacher in the classroom, I have a "captive audience". Like a teach in the classroom I can tell when she just wants to see from a mile away. She just knows its my thing...trying to understand AND liking basketball. ;) Bottom line---if she disagrees she doesn't tell me! ;)
Man, you’re so right in trying to rewind on peacock. Drives me insane.

I have better luck rewinding and going forward from the peacock replay stream thru my desktop than the TV app
Thanks I may have to try that if I can remember next year. I thought I would find it on YOUtube and cast it as another option, but then my computer is not near the TV I would use

I told Kim when it happened that Braden just set that up. You will see Braden around 8 seconds in, take a step back relaxing the defense and a second later hitting Zach who knew to be ready (I think every Purdue player by now must be aware when Braden has the ball) with a fastball strike. That pass wouldn't have happened without his show of retreat and yet was on the attack.

Reminds me of the year Indiana State went to the championship game. On their run through the tournament, interviews with the players revealed that any time Larry Bird had the ball, his teammates learned to keep watching him, because at any moment he could hit them (literally) with a pass. They said that early on, several players had the ball bounce off their heads in practice before they learned this lesson.

Reactions: tjreese
I regularly cast 50+ feet and up a floor with no issues. FWIW
but your controls are where you cast from and I like to stop and review. If I'm just going to let it go I'll cast. If I cast from phone I can't control it as well. If it is on Youtube I can type in the url and use a regular remote. Thanks anyway, but casting is not the issue...control of the video is where I want the control.

I have better luck rewinding and going forward from the peacock replay stream thru my desktop than the TV app
same here and I'm tech challenged. Got a story for you, during football season my feed was a little choppy and one day I saw the guys from the cable co. out front working on the lines. They asked me if everything was good on my TV and I said yes. They asked if I had any other issues. I said my streaming was a little choppy on the laptop. They went on my computer and said something was set only at 18, so they moved it up to 100 and it works great

Reactions: tjreese
but your controls are where you cast from and I like to stop and review. If I'm just going to let it go I'll cast. If I cast from phone I can't control it as well. If it is on Youtube I can type in the url and use a regular remote. Thanks anyway, but casting is not the issue...control of the video is where I want the control.
what are you controlling with a live game? I guess I'm used to UZZU which has no VCR type controls.

what are you controlling with a live game? I guess I'm used to UZZU which has no VCR type controls.
if I can get a live game with YoutubeTV, I just use my TV remote. If a replay was on youtube (not youtube TV) then I can either cast it or type in the URL on my TV. Peacock is nasty in trying review things. It is as though they think most are only interested in the result and not why the result...and they are correct. ;) My apologies if I confused you with something

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT