ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm, Barclay home-visit and offer Brown

Brohm is just following the example of all other Louisville coaches.

The article does verify Brian Brohm will be joining his staff as soon as the bowl game is over! If you see Brian conducting any home visits of Purdue’s commits, it will be with the intent of recruiting the player for louisville

How is that an NCAA violation ?

Louisville extended a scholarship offer only after evaluations and contacts that had consumed Purdue resources -- equipment, facilities and employees’ time, etc., paid for by Purdue. Since those employees resigned and then took the object of those spent resources with them, they were acting only on their own behalf rather than the university’s. That constitutes them as paid athletic talent scouts, a violation of NCAA legislation. Purdue is entitled to compensation for its expenses that were spent under false pretenses and ultimately in contradiction of university interests.

Time for two-faced Jeffy to fork back a chunk of that million in walkaway money, not to mention all claims to ethical behavior.

They recruited him for Purdue, the kid committed. After they left for Louisville, the kid decommitted from Purdue. When he reopened his recruitment, they contacted him as representatives of Louisville.

I really don't understand your complaint. This happens all the time. Hopefully we nab a couple Illinois players.

They recruited him for Purdue, the kid committed. After they left for Louisville, the kid decommitted from Purdue. When he reopened his recruitment, they contacted him as representatives of Louisville.

I really don't understand your complaint. This happens all the time. Hopefully we nab a couple Illinois players.

The fact it happens all the time is exactly why I’d love to make a federal case out of it.

If only I had that Crypto back.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Louisville extended a scholarship offer only after evaluations and contacts that had consumed Purdue resources -- equipment, facilities and employees’ time, etc., paid for by Purdue. Since those employees resigned and then took the object of those spent resources with them, they were acting only on their own behalf rather than the university’s. That constitutes them as paid athletic talent scouts, a violation of NCAA legislation. Purdue is entitled to compensation for its expenses that were spent under false pretenses and ultimately in contradiction of university interests.

Time for two-faced Jeffy to fork back a chunk of that million in walkaway money, not to mention all claims to ethical behavior.
Exactly which NCAA rule did they break ?

And he’s paying us a million, so there’s nothing to “fork back”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT