ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler UP - #3 ranked 2020 recruiting class

Neither are responsible derrrr. The NCAA cleared Derrick Rose and then retroactively ruled him ineligible two years after the fact. That's the hypocrisy of the NCAA at its finest. If the NCAA doesn't pass Rose through their clearinghouse as a freshman he doesn't play period. He was only admitted to Memphis once the NCAA told Memphis he was eligible to play.
If you find fault in the ncaa rules committee then how can you use their judgement as evidence of no wrong doing? I can sure you that penalties were handed down on the universities for cheating. In both cases, there was one man sitting at the helm of those two teams.
You can’t use a source and then discredit the source when it doesn’t align with your opinion. That makes no sense.

If you find fault in the ncaa rules committee then how can you use their judgement as evidence of no wrong doing? I can sure you that penalties were handed down on the universities for cheating. In both cases, there was one man sitting at the helm of those two teams.
You can’t use a source and then discredit the source when it doesn’t align with your opinion. That makes no sense.

Do you not understand why hypocrisy means? The NCAA ruled Rose eligible to play. How is Memphis supposed to know that two years later the same organization that once cleared a player was going to retroactively deem him ineligible? How is any of this Calipari's responsibility which was the original claim? And you said it yourself, the university, not Calipari whom no longer was affiliated with Memphis at the time, received penalties. Notice when the NCAA gave Kelvin Sampson a five year show cause he was no longer associated with Indiana University? It's because Kelvin Sampson was the one implicated by the NCAA. John Calipari not once was implicated by the NCAA for anything related to Memphis and it's because it wasn't his responsibility. That's what it means to be cleared of guilt.

“Bay City Roller” or the “Bay Area Boiler”

What is the relevance of that to this conversation? A Purdue guy defended Tom Crean on the internet so that has to do with John Calipari? Maybe I'm lost or not understanding the context but didn't most Purdue fans want to keep Tom Crean forever?

“Bay City Roller” or the “Bay Area Boiler”

One of my sisters absolutely loved those guys...……….S A T U R D A Y night!
maxresdefault.jpg

not my cup of tea...…..

Reactions: TX4GB
Was that actually what was said? "Deviates from recruiting violations" literally means he engages in recruiting violations. Calipari in 20+ years has never been implicated with any recruiting violations let alone been found guilty to be in violation, or any NCAA violation for that matter. Anything else is hearsay.
You seem to get your kicks out of defending a coach that only one fanbase -- maybe -- in this nation thinks is on the up-and-up. Since it seems to be your life's mission, here's what I'm going to do for you. Go to the link below and tell them that the Purdue message board is demeaning the ethics of poor Coach Calipari.

They don't like us, so they will probably provide the support you seem to be seeking

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/forums/thehoosier-com-iu-hoop-forum.32/

Character issues? So a person who isn't strong or struggles academically now has character issues? Did Matt Painter exercise poor judgement when he admitted Isaac Haas who knowingly spread STDs to his sexual partners? Those kinds of character issues?
Was Haas charged with a crime? Was he found liable of anything?

Unintelligent and hypocritical is a bad combination of character traits for you, IndyRes.

You seem to get your kicks out of defending a coach that only one fanbase -- maybe -- in this nation thinks is on the up-and-up. Since it seems to be your life's mission, here's what I'm going to do for you. Go to the link below and tell them that the Purdue message board is demeaning the ethics of poor Coach Calipari.

They don't like us, so they will probably provide the support you seem to be seeking

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/forums/thehoosier-com-iu-hoop-forum.32/

Hey now, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion of Calipari, won’t discredit you there. But factually speaking your opinion of Cal is completely wrong and nothing of which you claim is supported but what you say. Also, you’re probably a huge tool as well. But that’s just my opinion.

Yes, same rules apply. I never said anything for or against Haas. You did. My last statement about your own character is accurate.

Hmm I did? I simply asked if Painter and the coaching staff knowing that Haas had STDs fell under the same poor judgement of Calipari for not knowing Derrick Rose didn't take his own SATs a year before he committed to Memphis. Reading comprehension still troubling you?

Did Matt Painter exercise poor judgement when he admitted Isaac Haas who knowingly spread STDs to his sexual partners?

Do you not understand why hypocrisy means? The NCAA ruled Rose eligible to play. How is Memphis supposed to know that two years later the same organization that once cleared a player was going to retroactively deem him ineligible? How is any of this Calipari's responsibility which was the original claim? And you said it yourself, the university, not Calipari whom no longer was affiliated with Memphis at the time, received penalties. Notice when the NCAA gave Kelvin Sampson a five year show cause he was no longer associated with Indiana University? It's because Kelvin Sampson was the one implicated by the NCAA. John Calipari not once was implicated by the NCAA for anything related to Memphis and it's because it wasn't his responsibility. That's what it means to be cleared of guilt.
See this is where you are clearly spinning things. The question on Rose and his eligibility came up before the season started and Rose chose to not cooperate with the SAT testing security agency for an entire year. Calipari knew this was going on. It’s hilarious that you are acting like, no punishment, no crime. Calipari knew, Memphis knew, Rose knew. They all chose to ignore the issue ana when the hammer started to drop Calipari jumped ship.
The situation wasn’t nearly as cut and dry oh he had a player who was eligible according to the N.C.A.A. so he played him.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
Hmm I did? I simply asked if Painter and the coaching staff knowing that Haas had STDs fell under the same poor judgement of Calipari for not knowing Derrick Rose didn't take his own SATs a year before he committed to Memphis. Reading comprehension still troubling you?
No. That's not what you wrote. So let's add dishonesty to your character traits.

While you're passing out judgment about " reading comprehension" you might want to revisit the FACTS about Mr. Haas: Isaac was reported to have AN std - singular, not std's - plural. The civil suit did NOT accuse the coaching staff with knowingly suppressing the facts, thereby endangering anyone with future contact. Privacy laws would possibly have been a factor, in any case. B-4 you might be tempted to compare the Calapari catalog of ?able decisions with Painter's reputation....bang your head against the wall a couple of times.

Reactions: Fansince72
While you're passing out judgment about " reading comprehension" you might want to revisit the FACTS about Mr. Haas: Isaac was reported to have AN std - singular, not std's - plural. The civil suit did NOT accuse the coaching staff with knowingly suppressing the facts, thereby endangering anyone with future contact. Privacy laws would possibly have been a factor, in any case. B-4 you might be tempted to compare the Calapari catalog of ?able decisions with Painter's reputation....bang your head against the wall a couple of times.

Aye yo, did any of the NCAA sanctions levied against UMass or Memphis list John Calipari's name? I didn't think so. The reason why Purdue was initially listed in the suit is because Haas' ex-girl friend told the girl Haas infected that he had an STD because one of the coaches told her.

"I caught wind of Isaac getting his papers and that my name was mentioned via one of the coaches," Millsaps allegedly wrote

https://www.jconline.com/story/news...awsuit-against-purdues-isaac-haas/1306350002/

You're wasting your time, he isn't capable of comprehending simple things let alone anything factual.

Name one thing that I've said that isn't factual correct on this topic? I'll wait.
For one, you wrote:
"Did Matt Painter exercise poor judgement when he admitted Isaac Haas who knowingly spread STDs to his sexual partners?"

Unintelligent, hypocritical, and dishonest. And those who know you probably say those are your best qualities.

Aye yo, did any of the NCAA sanctions levied against UMass or Memphis list John Calipari's name? I didn't think so. The reason why Purdue was initially listed in the suit is because Haas' ex-girl friend told the girl Haas infected that he had an STD because one of the coaches told her.

"I caught wind of Isaac getting his papers and that my name was mentioned via one of the coaches," Millsaps allegedly wrote

https://www.jconline.com/story/news...awsuit-against-purdues-isaac-haas/1306350002/
John Calapari's reputation, such as it is, has and does NOT begin and end with the NCAA's consideration of sanctions levied against Mass & Memphis. Mr. Calapari's career has swung through a much wider path than that, as you surely know. Since you posture as knowledgeable about Mr. Haas' suit, why don't you share the settlement details with us all, the court-ordered non-disclosure decree notwithstanding ?? Bring it on.

For one, you wrote:
"Did Matt Painter exercise poor judgement when he admitted Isaac Haas who knowingly spread STDs to his sexual partners?"

Unintelligent, hypocritical, and dishonest. And those who know you probably say those are your best qualities.

I was correlating that to the idiot (hell that idiot might have been you; I can't keep up anymore) who suggested John Calipari should have known Marcus Camby took money under the table from a hometown agent away from campus or that he should have known it wasn't Derrick Rose taking the SATs in a classroom 500 miles from Memphis' campus. Some times shit happens that's beyond a coach or authority figures control. The Purdue coaching staff knew about Isaac Haas and his STD. We know this because the coaching staff told Haas' ex-gf he had an STD and she's the one who warned the girl Isaac was sleeping with that she may possibly be infected.

For one, you wrote:

Winner. Again.

Winner. Again.
A little off topic but Isaac Haas is looking good during practices at Spiece. His conditioning is really coming along, dribbling is getting much better and seems to be getting stronger with the ball in the paint. Goodie has been a big influence with some of our players and I like the potential influence of Fort Wayne talent that could sway our way.

A little off topic but Isaac Haas is looking good during practices at Spiece. His conditioning is really coming along, dribbling is getting much better and seems to be getting stronger with the ball in the paint. Goodie has been a big influence with some of our players and I like the potential influence of Fort Wayne talent that could sway our way.
That is very good to hear. There is some good talent in the Fort so what you said should only benefit us in the long run.

Reactions: Poprudy
I was correlating that to the idiot (hell that idiot might have been you; I can't keep up anymore) who suggested John Calipari should have known Marcus Camby took money under the table from a hometown agent away from campus or that he should have known it wasn't Derrick Rose taking the SATs in a classroom 500 miles from Memphis' campus. Some times shit happens that's beyond a coach or authority figures control. The Purdue coaching staff knew about Isaac Haas and his STD. We know this because the coaching staff told Haas' ex-gf he had an STD and she's the one who warned the girl Isaac was sleeping with that she may possibly be infected.
You are leaving out vital information here. Rose failed the ACT 3 times in Chicago where he lived. It was well know that he had a relationship with WWW. WWW was based in Detroit and somehow, after failing the ACT 3 times, Rose was able to pass the SAT when he took it in Detroit. This of course raised red flags long before Rose ever suited up for Cal. The school knew this as well and their reply to Rose refusing to cooperate with the investigation was that, “they didn't know”.

Cal, Memphis and Rose all made a conscious decision to deny knowledge of any wrong doing, probably hoping nothing would come of it. Well, the test in question was invalidated due to Rose not cooperating and this made him ineligible.

All of this could have been addressed before the season yet, ignorance of wrongdoing was the path chosen. Ignorance is pretty tough to claim when the story and facts attached to the story are widely reported in the news.

You seem to think your judgement on rules and their validity trumps the actual rules and that if you think it’s wrong, then it’s okay to break the rules. You did the same thing in the Izzo thread. The thing is, if you feel a rule is unjust, there are ways to challenge them or to have them changed and breaking them ana then claiming ignorance isn’t one of them.

Cal knew Rose was probably ineligible or at the very least, that he would be found to be ineligible if he didn’t cooperate. He could have told Rose to cooperate or he would be dismissed from the team. He didn’t and instead chose to cheat while hoping it would all go away and that at the very least, he had plausible deniability due to ignorance. Real winner your defending there.

You are leaving out vital information here. Rose failed the ACT 3 times in Chicago where he lived. It was well know that he had a relationship with WWW. WWW was based in Detroit and somehow, after failing the ACT 3 times, Rose was able to pass the SAT when he took it in Detroit. This of course raised red flags long before Rose ever suited up for Cal. The school knew this as well and their reply to Rose refusing to cooperate with the investigation was that, “they didn't know”.

Cal, Memphis and Rose all made a conscious decision to deny knowledge of any wrong doing, probably hoping nothing would come of it. Well, the test in question was invalidated due to Rose not cooperating and this made him ineligible.

All of this could have been addressed before the season yet, ignorance of wrongdoing was the path chosen. Ignorance is pretty tough to claim when the story and facts attached to the story are widely reported in the news.

You seem to think your judgement on rules and their validity trumps the actual rules and that if you think it’s wrong, then it’s okay to break the rules. You did the same thing in the Izzo thread. The thing is, if you feel a rule is unjust, there are ways to challenge them or to have them changed and breaking them ana then claiming ignorance isn’t one of them.

Cal knew Rose was probably ineligible or at the very least, that he would be found to be ineligible if he didn’t cooperate. He could have told Rose to cooperate or he would be dismissed from the team. He didn’t and instead chose to cheat while hoping it would all go away and that at the very least, he had plausible deniability due to ignorance. Real winner your defending there.

My judgement doesn't validate anything. The NCAA, who sets the rules, trumps all and they CLEARED him. If the governing body who sets the eligibility requirements deems one eligible to play what in the hell else is Memphis supposed to do? You keep forgetting that tid bit. Memphis didn't admit Rose until the NCAA cleared him.

That's your second deflection by changing what you actually wrote. 3 lies.

But then, courtsense was always known for his lack of intelligence and honesty. Even in his own fanbase.

My judgement doesn't validate anything. The NCAA, who sets the rules, trumps all and they CLEARED him. If the governing body who sets the eligibility requirements deems one eligible to play what in the hell else is Memphis supposed to do? You keep forgetting that tid bit. Memphis didn't admit Rose until the NCAA cleared him.
Are you really this dense? The NCAA cleared Rose to play based on false information. The test was in question and Rose, Cal and Memphis all had a chance to clear that up and chose to not cooperate. Why wouldn’t they cooperate?
As it stands, and this is the determination by the ncaa, as follows. Rose didn’t take the test and thusly it was discredited. This is the reason the final decision by the ncaa was that Rose was ineligible to play. Everyone involved knew this was a possibility. Having discredited the test taken, the ncaa determined that Cal and Memphis played the season with an ineligible player and therefore were cheating resulting in vacating all games played.
It’s really pretty simple. You can say the NCAA cleared Cal, but that isn’t the case as his team and employer were handed penalties due to the basketball program being cheaters. Just because you aren’t caught while cheating, if you are found to “have” cheated, it’s the exact same thing.

Are you really this dense? The NCAA cleared Rose to play based on false information. The test was in question and Rose, Cal and Memphis all had a chance to clear that up and chose to not cooperate. Why wouldn’t they cooperate?
As it stands, and this is the determination by the ncaa, as follows. Rose didn’t take the test and thusly it was discredited. This is the reason the final decision by the ncaa was that Rose was ineligible to play. Everyone involved knew this was a possibility. Having discredited the test taken, the ncaa determined that Cal and Memphis played the season with an ineligible player and therefore were cheating resulting in vacating all games played.
It’s really pretty simple. You can say the NCAA cleared Cal, but that isn’t the case as his team and employer were handed penalties due to the basketball program being cheaters. Just because you aren’t caught while cheating, if you are found to “have” cheated, it’s the exact same thing.

Using hindsight is not the way to win an argument. Rose was retroactively ruled ineligible after the state of Illinois launched an investigation into the Chicago Public School Corp where it was determined that arose actually didn’t take his SATs. You’re insinuating that Calipari had full blown proof of this two years prior when Rose was playing. He didn’t. No one, and certainly not I, are debating whether or not Rose was ineligible and that Memphis shouldn’t be hit with playing with an ineligible player, we’re debating on whether or not Cal is a cheat. The NCAA ruled that Cal didn’t nothing wrong and that’s why sanctions weren’t levied against him. He did nothing wrong.

I almost feel bad for that bunch. They let a guy like Boogie make comments and they defend him as he stabs them in the back. Coming from a Kentucky fan nonetheless. I guess they are just down in the dumps when you have to defend a Kentucky fan.

Reactions: mathboy
He's been cleared of guilt by the NCAA in both cases. Marcus Camby took money under the table from an agent days prior to the start of 1996 NCAA tournament. Camby had been at UMass for three years prior. How is Cal supposed to control that?

Derrick Rose was not only cleared by the Memphis compliance department, he passed the NCAA clearinghouse who deemed him eligible to play. Derrick Rose was retroactively ruled ineligible two years after the fact, two years after both Rose and Calipari had moved on from Memphis. How do any of these two incidents deviate from "recruiting violations"?

And you speak of culture, nothing in either incident indicts or implicates any of his assistant coaches or his team as a whole. These were isolated incidents done by individuals. Marcus Camby accepted his guilt and later paid back UMass the restitution money they owed the NCAA because he genuinely knew he was solely responsible for the sanctions imposed on UMass. Rose's issues opened the door for a widespread investigation into the Chicago Public Schools for widespread corruption. How in the world does that fall on Calipari or the Memphis basketball program?

I understand why people think Cal is dirty, but none of these incidents are correlated with "recruiting violations" or anything remotely close with the current landscape that is corrupting college basketball today.
QUESTION FOR YOU....Would you trade Lil' Arch for Cal?

In a heartbeat. And that's not because I dislike Coach Miller, I think he'll end up at IU for a long time once he gets his guys and roster in place, but Calipari is the best of the best.
How about Pitino? Many in the fan base wanted Rick to come to IU.

I was always told Pitino would never become a coach at IU because of his actions at Hawaii.

I remember when Knight was fired in 2000, their was talk that Pitino may be a good fit. He was getting ready to start what would be his eventual last season in Boston and was already a lame duck coach. To an extent it made sense and that was realistically the best IU could have probably done given the circumstances and time of Knight's firing but it was quickly put to rest when the players came out and said they weren't playing for anybody but Davis.

In a heartbeat. And that's not because I dislike Coach Miller, I think he'll end up at IU for a long time once he gets his guys and roster in place, but Calipari is the best of the best.
What metric makes Calipari the “best of the best”?
I’m not sure one exists.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT