ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Player of the Year- 2 Man Race

Arguing with rival fans is like spitting into a fan, it just blows back at you. IU won on their home court, good win for them. Purdue did not show up in the first half and almost pulled it off, that’s why they are still number one and IU rewarded by moving into top twenty.

TJD is a great player, bigger and more physical now. Edey is tremendous and may be the most improved player in college basketball. Right now Edey is the leader for Big and National player of the year.

You can hate on your rivals best player. However, they both deserve respect, I am sure they respect each others games.

True, Edey & tjd both likely on 1st and 2nd AA teams respectfully. Respect both. Edey is just flat better, no harm in recognizing that.

Reactions: Abugabby
Because it's still a hard foul nonetheless. We have the benefit of hindsight along with numerous replay angles that can be adjusted at any speed. In real time it looked like an extremely rough play with Reneau taking an egregious and awkward fall. TJD took exception to the nature of the contact which at full speed looked violent.
It’s not the players responsibility to inform other players of what will and what won’t be tolerated. Dead ball, player chest bumps other player, technical. Pretty simple.

Right. He played the ball which is why a flagrant wasn't called (nor should have been) but it was still a hard foul regardless and one that TJD took exception too.
Quit posting until you pay off the bet you lost.

It’s not the players responsibility to inform other players of what will and what won’t be tolerated. Dead ball, player chest bumps other player, technical. Pretty simple.

How that wasn't a T is beyond me???

The iu center should have gotten that T & several other non called fouls.

The chest bump was just thuggish & speaks to poor character. Doesn't mean the dude is a bad player....just a no account thug though.

Ooooh. Internet tough guy!

First of all, his last name is Jackson-Davis, not "Davis." Chief Jackson would likely want you to understand that, because he's damn proud of the young man he helped to raise.

And while we're at it, here's another point of view on that "punk" who "will get his" and "will probably quit.":

"Trayce is fabulous. Just a great person, great player. We were on him early and put a lot of time into him. When he made moves and did stuff our guys were bouncing off of him. I mean, it was impressive... He's got a bright future. He's fabulous. And he's a super, super person. When Caleb Swanigan passed away he reached out to me. Sent me a text too. Just goes to show you what's inside of him.”

There's your quitter punk who will get his.
Who is Chief Jackson? Is he Native American?

Jesus Christ dude. The foul by rule was "clean" (meaning not flagrant) but it still doesn't negate the fact that it was a hard foul committed with an IU player in awkward position that lead to a bad fall. God forbid a teammate reacts in the immediate aftermath that was pretty mild all things considered.
Jesus Christ dude, pay your debts. Don't make a bet and then not pay when you lose.

How that wasn't a T is beyond me???

The iu center should have gotten that T & several other non called fouls.

The chest bump was just thuggish & speaks to poor character. Doesn't mean the dude is a bad player....just a no account thug though.
Larry Scirotto has never been known for a quick whistle I'm aware. He was the ref in the midst of the play
iu

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Good lord. Tell me you've never played a sport at a competitive level without telling me you've never played a sport at a competitive level.

mathboy:

I accidentally deleted the end quote mark. I made no changes to your original post. Here is what I attempted to post in response to your post. Just trying to clarify the sequence of the situation.

I also firmly believe that the refs did a good job by not calling a technical on Gillis or Jackson-Davis. Gillis didn’t laugh until after TJD did his ridiculous chest bump. That's not a tech. Only the chest bump would or should have been called. Gillis’ actions de-escalated the situation.
You nailed it. Anyone who has seen the replay and has any level of objectivity can see that Gillis laughing after the chest bump de-escalated the situation. He could easily have taken offense and pushed back.

Personal foul on Gillis on the shot attempt, technical foul on TJD for the chest bump, pat on the back for Gillis for smiling and walking away in response to the chest bump.

Ooooh. Internet tough guy!

First of all, his last name is Jackson-Davis, not "Davis." Chief Jackson would likely want you to understand that, because he's damn proud of the young man he helped to raise.

And while we're at it, here's another point of view on that "punk" who "will get his" and "will probably quit.":

"Trayce is fabulous. Just a great person, great player. We were on him early and put a lot of time into him. When he made moves and did stuff our guys were bouncing off of him. I mean, it was impressive... He's got a bright future. He's fabulous. And he's a super, super person. When Caleb Swanigan passed away he reached out to me. Sent me a text too. Just goes to show you what's inside of him.”

There's your quitter punk who will get his.
Hope he sees this bro.

True, Edey & tjd both likely on 1st and 2nd AA teams respectfully. Respect both. Edey is just flat better, no harm in recognizing that.
"Just flat better" lol. Skill wise? No. Edey just happens to be talented and 7-4 300lbs.

"Just flat better" lol. Skill wise? No. Edey just happens to be talented and 7-4 300lbs.
So if your guy is 5'5" with all the talent and ability in the world, and my guy is 6'5" with all the talent and ability in the world, who is better? That's right...Edey is just flat better.

No I had it right.
No you didn't.

Well noted - To say that something is “well noted” in business correspondence is to confirm that you have taken note of a particular piece of information.

Duly noted - Duly noted is a response used to acknowledge a statement or request someone made.

No you didn't.

Well noted - To say that something is “well noted” in business correspondence is to confirm that you have taken note of a particular piece of information.

Duly noted - Duly noted is a response used to acknowledge a statement or request someone made.
I had it right. Thanks for your concern.

So if your guy is 5'5" with all the talent and ability in the world, and my guy is 6'5" with all the talent and ability in the world, who is better? That's right...Edey is just flat better.
Except it's 6-9 vs 7-4 with similar type numbers.

It is clearly taller, yes. I'd say TJD is actually more skilled considering he can actually put the ball on the floor and is a better passer.
Edey is the better, more impactful player. I take him as my pick 100 out of 100 times if I have to choose.

Edey is the better, more impactful player. I take him as my pick 100 out of 100 times if I have to choose.
He is impactful. Because of his size. Why are you getting so butthurt about that fact? Do you really think him being 7-4 300lbs has no impact on the game? No one is saying he's bad at basketball, but what separates him from everyone else, is his size. When you talk about Edey, TJD, Timme, Oscar, the dude from Arizona, Dickinson... The biggest difference is that Edey has 4+ inches on all those dudes. They are all very talented but Edey has that massive deciding factor that can't be matched in college basketball.

He is impactful. Because of his size. Why are you getting so butthurt about that fact? Do you really think him being 7-4 300lbs has no impact on the game? No one is saying he's bad at basketball, but what separates him from everyone else, is his size. When you talk about Edey, TJD, Timme, Oscar, the dude from Arizona, Dickinson... The biggest difference is that Edey has 4+ inches on all those dudes. They are all very talented but Edey has that massive deciding factor that can't be matched in college basketball.
Why are you so butthurt that size is a factor? BIGGER IS BETTER. Deal with it. Tracy Davis wouldn't be half the player he is if he wasn't 6'7".

So by that logic all 7'4 player should dominate, and history agrees with this? Why is it so hard to admit that his skill mixed with his size is what separates him? His size is nothing if he doesn't develop every other aspect of his game. Plenty of 7 footers have rode the bench against much worse competition because they were not skilled enough.

TJD is impactful because of his size, mixed with his abilities (Quickness, Vertical, certainly not because of his jumpshot), If TJD was 6 foot he would just be a quick explosive guard without a jumpshot, we see those everywhere.

Reactions: Abugabby
Except it's 6-9 vs 7-4 with similar type numbers.
This exchange is funny because TJD and Zach are very similar in that their physical attributes are what make them great.

TJD is an elite athlete. He has improved as a basketball player but without his elite athleticism he would be just another guy.

Zach is a physical force of nature due to his size. He's become a much better basket player but if he were 6'10" he would be just another guy.

• Love
Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT