ADVERTISEMENT

Big first June recruiting weekend. Do we get any verbals this weekend?

No not in June there isn’t dude … it’s early .. is he George karlaftis.. no. But in a 25 man class he’s easily the kind of kid who could Still factor in to that 12-18 range that you still want after the portal has reduced average class size by 7. He will be 5.5-5.6 on rivals .. stop acting like he’s 5.3 lol
What's the difference between a 5.5 and a 5.3?
Again, the biggest indicator is what do other coaches think of him and at what level of competition do they think he can succeed.

What's the difference between a 5.5 and a 5.3?
Again, the biggest indicator is what do other coaches think of him and at what level of competition do they think he can succeed.
Ok it’s June.. if it was September and that was his only offer I’d be fine with it.

the difference between 5.6 and 5.3 is huge. 5.3 is like chase Triplett you’re really rolling the dice and wishing. We’ve had countless really really good starters who were 5.5 guys.

this guy is not ryan brandt from all indications

Bonefish is the kind of guy who thinks NIL is evil, chastises Purdue for Not having it mastered in the same sentence THEN criticizes who we recruit when we don’t do pay for play because again…NIL is evil.

The kid is either a fit/future contributor or he’s not. As of now, all he has is a shot and a year or two to figure it out. Brohm has done a good job using the portal to cull the misses and then bring in guys who can contribute this far.

Why be SUCH a bitch that you criticize your staff for bringing in a kid who wants to be here and that they think will contribute? What do you know as a message board peon that they do t? I guess it’s damned if you do and damned if you don’t with the obsessed message board fan boys.

You do realize this is Purdue right? Not some blue blood? Why do you suddenly expect us to only start recruiting the rivals 250?

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
Bonefish is the kind of guy who thinks NIL is evil, chastises Purdue for Not having it mastered in the same sentence THEN criticizes who we recruit when we don’t do pay for play because again…NIL is evil.

The kid is either a fit/future contributor or he’s not. As of now, all he has is a shot and a year or two to figure it out. Brohm has done a good job using the portal to cull the misses and then bring in guys who can contribute this far.

Why be SUCH a bitch that you criticize your staff for bringing in a kid who wants to be here and that they think will contribute? What do you know as a message board peon that they do t? I guess it’s damned if you do and damned if you don’t with the obsessed message board fan boys.

You do realize this is Purdue right? Not some blue blood? Why do you suddenly expect us to only start recruiting the rivals 250?
Am I so off base here? It’s June, small town, camp mvp and 3 star on tos.. to me it sounds like a winner.. people are on kc hoping Cincinnati and MSU don’t come for this kid lol

I guess looking at the visitor list from this past weekend, i would have been a lot more excited if we had received a commitment from LB Stevens instead of LB Davis. LB Stevens is higher rated, is from indiana and plays against tougher competition. i doubt anybody uses the term scrappy to describe LB Stevens. I will be saddened if LB Stevens signs elsewhere just because LB owens was the first LB to sign.

I admittedly don't know much about either player. But college scouts do. and college scouts who are paid to evaluate players, seem to agree that Stevens is the better LB.

I'm tired of purdue always trying to find the diamond in the rough that nobody else ever sees. it's time purdue started going after and collecting the real diamonds.

before I proclaim somebody the greatest in the world, I like to know the level of competition. Owens was named the MVP of some RIVALS camp he attended. that sounds mighty impressive. but let's do some reseaerch first before proclaiming him the greatest thing since sliced rhubarb. Whate other linebackers were at this RIVALS camp? who did he beat out for this award ? and for that matter, who were previous winners of this glorious award, and how did they fair in college?

being the best at a RIVALS camp? For some reason, i have to believe RIVALS has many camps, just like AAU has basketball tournaments. who else was there?

Reactions: bonefish1
I'm not anti Davis. I'm just pro Stevens .

and i have to ask with portals and other factors, how many high school LBs will purdue sign this year ? 1 ? 2 ? 3 ? if only 1, then I would have preferred we get a commitment from Stevens first.

Am I so off base here? It’s June, small town, camp mvp and 3 star on tos.. to me it sounds like
I guess looking at the visitor list from this past weekend, i would have been a lot more excited if we had received a commitment from LB Stevens instead of LB Davis. LB Stevens is higher rated, is from indiana and plays against tougher competition. i doubt anybody uses the term scrappy to describe LB Stevens. I will be saddened if LB Stevens signs elsewhere just because LB owens was the first LB to sign.

I admittedly don't know much about either player. But college scouts do. and college scouts who are paid to evaluate players, seem to agree that Stevens is the better LB.

I'm tired of purdue always trying to find the diamond in the rough that nobody else ever sees. it's time purdue started going after and collecting the real diamonds.
Stevens is 6’5”.. if he had the kind of athleticism you’d need to run well as a LB in our system he’s be a high four star minimum. He might be an OLB for Diaco … keep in mind that at 6’5” George karlaftis wasn’t an OLB in a 3-4…

before I proclaim somebody the greatest in the world, I like to know the level of competition. Owens was named the MVP of some RIVALS camp he attended. that sounds mighty impressive. but let's do some reseaerch first before proclaiming him the greatest thing since sliced rhubarb. Whate other linebackers were at this RIVALS camp? who did he beat out for this award ? and for that matter, who were previous winners of this glorious award, and how did they fair in college?

being the best at a RIVALS camp? For some reason, i have to believe RIVALS has many camps, just like AAU has basketball tournaments. who else was there?
You’re talking to yourself dude .. I think he’s still a take if your class is 18 kids.. he’s not chase Triplett or ryan Brandt .. he’s also not Jalen Graham 🙄

Am I so off base here? It’s June, small town, camp mvp and 3 star on tos.. to me it sounds like a winner.. people are on kc hoping Cincinnati and MSU don’t come for this kid lol
Seems like a good athlete and a kid we don’t have to pay NIL money we don’t have to come here.

If he sucks, tell him to hit the bricks.

Seems like a good athlete and a kid we don’t have to pay NIL money we don’t have to come here.

So .. do you think we will refrain from paying most if not all kids BEFORE they arrive but that the money will be there for the good ones whose play warrants offers to poach?

So .. do you think we will refrain from paying most if not all kids BEFORE they arrive but that the money will be there for the good ones whose play warrants offers to poach?
I mean…Purdue can’t pay kids to come here under current NIL rules. I don’t know how it’s legal for other schools to be doing that. My assumption is that soon it won’t be.

TAMU paying kids 500k-1mil to go there is going to backfire on them big time. First, it’s not NIL. It’s pay to pay and clearly a breach of amateurism. Second, it will quickly devolve into a “so and soon makes this and I don’t? I need a raise…” type situation and teams with no chemistry and 85 free agents will implode under the weight of expectations and suddenly lose their “investors” when the ROI just isn’t there.

my question to you…who’s gunna pay this kid to come play for them? The answer…few to nobody. For most of the kids we generally recruit this will be the case.

it’s the top 500 or so you’ll have to worry about this on and the big boys are too worried about paying to keep their own than worrying about paying to take yours!

I mean…Purdue can’t pay kids to come here under current NIL rules. I don’t know how it’s legal for other schools to be doing that. My assumption is that soon it won’t be.

TAMU paying kids 500k-1mil to go there is going to backfire on them big time. First, it’s not NIL. It’s pay to pay and clearly a breach of amateurism. Second, it will quickly devolve into a “so and soon makes this and I don’t? I need a raise…” type situation and teams with no chemistry and 85 free agents will implode under the weight of expectations and suddenly lose their “investors” when the ROI just isn’t there.

my question to you…who’s gunna pay this kid to come play for them? The answer…few to nobody. For most of the kids we generally recruit this will be the case.

it’s the top 500 or so you’ll have to worry about this on and the big boys are too worried about paying to keep their own than worrying about paying to take yours!
No I don’t think Anyone is paying this dude

quit whining about the NIL. Purdue either gets on board or gets run over.

I believe we all know what certain adjectives mean. I was once banned for being too realistic with my appraisals of haisel’s recruits. I bluntly asked why a big 10 team was wasting their time recruiting MAC caliber players! This players plays at level 2 of 7 in Ohio. He had a great 1 week camp somewhere. Does that mean he’s the greatest lb prospect there is? Spegal looked awesome against his high school competition. I would think with our past success and the portal, we would be recruiting much higher regarded prospects. I’d be more accepting if we signed this player later in our efforts than early in the process. I’d rather we swing and miss at the elite 4 star prospects before filling our roster with lower level 2/3 star players. My ban was lifted when people realized I was telling the truth about Hazell’s MAC recruits. Obviously Purdue coaches saw something that no other big 10 coach saw and they were all looking!
Fat Jack,Young,Tiller loved kids from Ohio.They are handed a football in the crib.Has Brohm ever recruited any player that you gave a passing grade?

Reactions: pboiler18
quit whining about the NIL. Purdue either gets on board or gets run over.
Haha. I’m not whining. I think Purdue is just fine without chasing NIL. We should have it for players that deserve it and generate money with said NIL for the businesses that choose to partner with these kids.

We should not go down the path of pay for play. That money will dry up soon enough!

Get a premium subscription… I don’t know but do you really think penn state went to rural western Ohio cause the kid is straight Mac?? Lol
Did PSU go specifically to look at this kid or does he have some D1 prospect teammates?
And....if PSU did go see him, work him out, etc, and didn't offer a scholie, what's that tell you?

Haha. I’m not whining. I think Purdue is just fine without chasing NIL. We should have it for players that deserve it and generate money with said NIL for the businesses that choose to partner with these kids.

We should not go down the path of pay for play. That money will dry up soon enough!
If utilizing NIL is what is needed to be competetive and win, then Purdue will have to do so. If you have to pay players, use it as a carrot in recruiting, whatever. If that's what makes the difference in recruiting, then it is what it is.

Reactions: DAG10
Did PSU go specifically to look at this kid or does he have some D1 prospect teammates?
And....if PSU did go see him, work him out, etc, and didn't offer a scholie, what's that tell you?
The ****.. they went to see him man. And it tells me that the guys they offer this early are 5.8-5.9 guys. You’re one of those stooges where you’re so dumb about this process that this kid would have to be karlaftis to change your mind, huh? You know what.. don’t like it if you don’t want to. I could care less

The ****.. they went to see him man. And it tells me that the guys they offer this early are 5.8-5.9 guys. You’re one of those stooges where you’re so dumb about this process that this kid would have to be karlaftis to change your mind, huh? You know what.. don’t like it if you don’t want to. I could care less
Yeh...I can see how little you care. Get your panties unwadded.

Ok dude.. Stanford and penn state show up to rural high schools all the time for kids who suck … moron
I'm not saying they didn't. But post a link proving they were at this school to evaluate Davis and I'll believe it.
Until then, it's a lot of "he said, she said".
(and again....if they were there to evaluate Davis, and they didn't offer a scholie, what's that tell you?)

Reactions: DAG10
I'm not saying they didn't. But post a link proving they were at this school to evaluate Davis and I'll believe it.
(and again....if they were there to evaluate Davis, and they didn't offer a scholie, what's that tell you?)
Go on KC and you’ll see it …

No one’s whining.

Purdue is going to have a smaller salary cap than many other schools, so we need to find some guys who are willing to take the veteran minimum, aka just a scholarship.
That is by choice though...same choice many professional franchises make, but, it is a choice, and, should not be an excuse.

Virtually no chance that he was legitimately being recruited by PSU...especially with the offer list that he had.

Virtually no chance that he was legitimately being recruited by PSU...especially with the offer list that he had.
They had been into his school to visit lol.. what are you two talking about? Are you almost declaring “no! From June on a player cannot receive another offer! His value is set! No matter who looks at him he is only an Akron offeree!”

you’re both talking like morons. Get a premium subscription

They had been into his school to visit lol.. what are you two talking about? Are you almost declaring “no! From June on a player cannot receive another offer! His value is set! No matter who looks at him he is only an Akron offeree!”

you’re both talking like morons. Get a premium subscription
You still haven't proven this to be true. Telling people to 'Check the KC board" isn't really proof that something happened.
All I'm asking is that you find some source, preferrably a PSU source, that says they went and checked him out.

You still haven't proven this to be true. Telling people to 'Check the KC board" isn't really proof that something happened.
All I'm asking is that you find some source, preferrably a PSU source, that says they went and checked him out.
So what you’re saying is you want me to post premium content here? I’m sure GBI would love that.

My daughter walked the Stanford DC from the main office down to the weight room at New Pal High School a few weeks ago. I can’t provide a link to prove it, but it happened.

I wanna be clear here. I’m not saying this kid is George karlaftis or even Jalen Graham level. I just don’t think he’s Ryan Brandt or Dan Bick as a sheer physical talent either.

ADVERTISEMENT