ADVERTISEMENT

Big Day for Zach

Before the big night, he has a big day.

I have a young second cousin who will be seven this autumn. This week he has been attending a day basketball camp at Purdue, which concludes today. Various members of the team have participated in instruction, etc.

I have it on good authority that Zach will be at Mackey Arena today to interact with the campers.

So on a day that Zach will never forget, he will give a bunch of children a memory that they will never forget.

I have a young second cousin who will be seven this autumn. This week he has been attending a day basketball camp at Purdue, which concludes today. Various members of the team have participated in instruction, etc.

I have it on good authority that Zach will be at Mackey Arena today to interact with the campers.

So on a day that Zach will never forget, he will give a bunch of children a memory that they will never forget.
Yep, he declined a green room invite at the draft and going to be watching with his family/teammates/friends at Mackey or maybe it’s just somewhere around Purdue.

Reactions: z_one
Sounds like he will go somewhere between 12th to 18th in 1st round, since it does not sound like being a lottery pick , most important for him as to where he goes and they give him an opportunity. Good luck to him!
The only thing that truly matters is going anywhere first round for that guaranteed contract.

If for some reason he goes second round, then obviously fit matters more.

Regardless, he will get his opportunity to find his place. His chances go up with a great fit though for sure. A team that wants an imposing big and knows how to incorporate him.

I just got goosebumps.

*Shouldn't* go pt the lottery. Hopefully ends up in a good spot that'll use him and not care to go against the league trend.

Have heard as high as 7, but isn’t lottery 1-14?
7 is an interesting spot it seems. We have odds on all sorts of things, so I'll lay it out.

Zach odds to be X-pick:
1. +25000 (but tied for 7th on the list)
2. +30000
3. +25000
4. +30000
5. +39099 (I think there are typos involved cuz that's such a weird number - probably 30000)
6. +10000
7. +1000 Here is the big jump. Portland has this pick. Also of course the odds go down simply because 6 guys are off the board.
8. +2500
9. +1200
10. +2000

To be a Top 5 pick: +15000
To be a Top 10 pick: +250
To be a Top 20 pick: -2000 (highest on this list simply because probably 12-15 guys are locks)

Draft position Over/Under 15.5 odds are for him to be UNDER, which means BEFORE 15.5. I actually bet this one.

Edey is not on the board to be drafted in the 1st round. Meaning he will be.

Head to head: Edey +160 vs Nikola Topic -220. Basically means strong odds are Topic goes before Zach, even though he's coming off a major injury.

1st Rounders from the B1G (does NOT count new teams) Over/Under 3.5. Under is an enormous favorite. Edey is a lock. Ware is -118 to go top 20, so pretty much a lock. TSJ -400 for 1st. Cam Christie +200 for 1st. I don't think I missed anyone.

Portland also has the #14 pick. I just looked at their roster, and they have 4 centers including Deandre Ayton. 2 of the 4 I've never heard of. In fact, there are 8 players on their roster I've never heard of.

Portland also has the #14 pick. I just looked at their roster, and they have 4 centers including Deandre Ayton. 2 of the 4 I've never heard of. In fact, there are 8 players on their roster I've never heard of.
Was talk of him to Portland at 14. now "they" don't think he's there at 14 and have to decide. Ayton was a major disappointment and on the junk pile at this point. Pacers dodged a bullet there.

CMP wins, and is starting a lottery pick trend here. I hope Sisley or Mullins are seeing the culture built.

A guard and a big go in the lottery for Purdue. The path is there.

Interesting draft stat -

Active NCAA coaches with multiple top-ten NBA Draft picks in the last three years?

John Calipari (former Kentucky coach now with Arkansas)
Dan Hurley (Connecticut)

annnnnnd

Matt Painter (Purdue).........whatttttttttttttttttttt???????

jack-nicholson-nods.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT