ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's Easter Message....

You might be right about legal purposes, but laws don't serve to reflect scientific reality, they provide a (certainly flawed, and thus changeable) set of rules and guidelines for a functioning society. As for medical purposes -- and while I'm no expert -- aside from issues regarding trans folk specifically, I'd think one's gender is typically of no concern, only one's sex.

You may think it's only liberals, but sex and gender are also not considered to be the same thing in these places:
But yes, I suppose if all the scientific organizations and dictionaries are exclusively made up of liberals, then you are correct.

Also, why get bent out of shape about pronouns? We've used they/them as singular forever when referring to someone of unknown gender (if only recently accepted in formal writing), and new words get invented all the time. It's like saying "there's no such thing as 'rizz,' it's 'charisma' no matter how much anyone wants to say differently."
You're missing the point:
Which is, a man cannot become a woman. Period. They can act, feel and believe they're a woman, but society has no obligation to indulge them in this delusion.

As for pronouns, until a few years ago, I never, in all my years, ever heard of a singular person referred to a "they/them".
And again, for a singular person to want others to refer to them as "they/them" is simply grammatically incorrect.
You're probably too young to remember the SNL skit about Pat?

You're missing the point:
Which is, a man cannot become a woman. Period. They can act, feel and believe they're a woman, but society has no obligation to indulge them in this delusion.
I understand your point, I simply disagree, as do the scientific and medical communities. One's gender is independent of their sex, and, subject the limitations of medical technology (can't change chromosomes, for instance), one can also change their sex to match their gender identity, if they so choose.
As for pronouns, until a few years ago, I never, in all my years, ever heard of a singular person referred to a "they/them".
I find this highly unbelievable, because it's been happening for hundreds of years.
And again, for a singular person to want others to refer to them as "they/them" is simply grammatically incorrect.
No, it isn't.

Last edited:
Tell me where I'm wrong?

The only way a man becomes a woman is in their own mind (and maybe they can make some physical modifications.)

Wanting, feeling and believing you're the opposite sex does not make it so.
What she didn't also understand is all those people before 2007 could come out NOW since it is praised, but they don't...because it wasn't a social contagion. Mostly social contagion with most wanting to reverse it or wish they never tranny acted. Too much time wasted with her already

Reactions: markodum
I understand your point, I simply disagree, as do the scientific and medical communities. One's gender is independent of their sex, and, subject the limitations of medical technology (can't change chromosomes, for instance), one can also change their sex to match their gender identity, if they so choose.

I find this highly unbelievable, because it's been happening for hundreds of years.

No, it isn't.
a person can choose whatever gender they want, including unicorn. But if they tell me they're a unicorn, I'm going to say "No, you're not". This despite them believing with all of their being, that they're a unicorn.
Same goes with a man wanting to be a woman. Despite what they feel and believe, they are not. Nor do i have to comply with their fantasy. Nor will I stand by and watch them walk into the ladies room if my daughters are in there.

As for being grammatically correct or not. How's this:

You: "Do you know Jill?
Me: "Who's Jill? Is she new?"
You: "Jill isn't she, she's they"
Me: "What?"

a person can choose whatever gender they want
I agree, although I'd argue it's less about choice and more about a deep understanding of one's personal identity. This isn't done willy-nilly. Regardless, I'm glad we've come to an understanding.
, including unicorn. But if they tell me they're a unicorn, I'm going to say "No, you're not". This despite them believing with all of their being, that they're a unicorn.
Unicorn is not a gender, so this is irrelevant, but your argument seems to be "you can identify however you want, but I'm still allowed to be a dick about it." Which, I guess, you're right. You're allowed to be as much of a dick as you want to be. But, that's you on an individual level. The trans rights issue is about how people are treated by the institutions of a society. Individuals are allowed to be racist -- they're ALSO being dicks if they are -- but they're not allowed to, for instance, deny someone a job because of that person's race.
Same goes with a man wanting to be a woman. Despite what they feel and believe, they are not. Nor do i have to comply with their fantasy. Nor will I stand by and watch them walk into the ladies room if my daughters are in there.
In these four sentences, you've used "they" or "their" as a singular 4 times. So I guess you don't have a problem with it after all. Also, I don't believe you'd ever do anything to stop a trans person going into the restroom that you've decided is the wrong one for them, even if you knew some random person about to walk in there was trans. What are you going to do, set up a genital checking station outside the restroom until your daughters come back out? Trans people have been using the restroom they want forever, long before the Republicans started fear-mongering that they were SA-ing people all the time in there, have you EVER tried to stop someone? But also, just let people pee in peace for crying out loud.

If you're worried about someone PRETENDING to be trans so they can go in the women's restroom, then you really don't have a problem with trans people, you have a problem with cis men. Banning trans people from the restroom where they feel the most comfortable will not solve this problem.

How's this: "Hey, someone left their coat on the coat rack."

Or would you prefer: "Hey, someone left his or her coat on the coat rack." I'm sure you use this sentence construction on the regular, right?

But, also, if you wanted to know what the grammar rules are, you could check the various style guides regarding their guidelines for the use of the singular "they," -- or even look into the history of the use of singular "they" -- rather than just saying it's grammatically incorrect while having no basis for it.

Last edited:
a person can choose whatever gender they want, including unicorn. But if they tell me they're a unicorn, I'm going to say "No, you're not". This despite them believing with all of their being, that they're a unicorn.

what she doesn't know is my fifth wife wanted to be a tranny and also wanted me to be a tranny because she said she heard it was better to give than receive! My last year at Purdue two mechanical, one chemical and one psychology major shared an apartment and of course the psychology major was the odd one out. He went to Mexifornia and couldn't get a job since he knew nothing of value. Went back to school as a CS major

what she doesn't know is my fifth wife wanted to be a tranny and also wanted me to be a tranny because she said she heard it was better to give than receive! My last year at Purdue two mechanical, one chemical and one psychology major shared an apartment and of course the psychology major was the odd one out. He went to Mexifornia and couldn't get a job since he knew nothing of value. Went back to school as a CS major
Can you stop using slurs? I mean, I know it makes you feel superior and all, but seriously, you wouldn't come on here and use the n-word in post after post, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT