ADVERTISEMENT

Biden wants to pay illegal immigrants $450,000 each

A 2016 court ruling required that illegal kids be separated from illegal parents. Trump's CBP was complying with the law. Do you understand that?

UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE NINTH CIRCUIT
JENNY LISETTE FLORES, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. LORETTA E. LYNCH, Attorney General, Attorney General of the United States; JEH JOHNSON, Secretary of Homeland Security; U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, and its subordinate entities; U.S. IMMIGRATION AND CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT; U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION, Defendants-Appellants.

No. 15-56434 D.C. No. 2:85-cv-04544- DMG-AGR

OPINION Appeal from the United States District Court for the Central District of California Dolly M. Gee, District Judge, Presiding Argued and Submitted June 7, 2016 Pasadena, California Filed July 6, 2016 2 FLORES V. LYNCH Before: Ronald M. Gould, Michael J. Melloy*, and Andrew D. Hurwitz, Circuit Judges. Opinion by Judge Hurwitz

SUMMARY** Immigration

The panel affirmed in part and reversed in part the district court’s order granting the motion of a plaintiff class to enforce a 1997 Settlement with the government which set a nationwide policy for the detention, release, and treatment of minors detained in Immigration and Naturalization Service custody, and remanded for further proceedings.

The panel held that the Settlement unambiguously applies both to minors who are accompanied and unaccompanied by their parents. The panel held, however, that the district court erred in interpreting the Settlement to provide release rights to accompanying adults. The panel also held that the district court did not abuse its discretion in denying the government’s motion to amend the Settlement
That's not what Flores says. It's says they must be separated from adults they aren't related to.......among many other things......including how long they could be held. You need to do more research.

That's not what Flores says. It's says they must be separated from adults they aren't related to.......among many other things......including how long they could be held. You need to do more research.
I've done my research. You are correct in what the original 1997 Flores law said. The 2016 ruling changed that. Quoting verbatim from the article that I linked above:

"But in a controversial decision, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, the most liberal in the country, has interpreted the settlement agreement to apply to “both minors who are accompanied and unaccompanied by their parents.”

"In other words, it is the 9th Circuit’s misinterpretation of the Clinton administration’s settlement agreement that doesn’t allow juvenile aliens to stay with their parents who have been detained for unlawful entry into the country."

Last edited:
Reactions: goboilers2
A 2016 court ruling required that illegal kids be separated from illegal parents. Trump's CBP was complying with the law. Do you understand that?

UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE NINTH CIRCUIT
JENNY LISETTE FLORES, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. LORETTA E. LYNCH, Attorney General, Attorney General of the United States; JEH JOHNSON, Secretary of Homeland Security; U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, and its subordinate entities; U.S. IMMIGRATION AND CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT; U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION, Defendants-Appellants.

No. 15-56434 D.C. No. 2:85-cv-04544- DMG-AGR

OPINION Appeal from the United States District Court for the Central District of California Dolly M. Gee, District Judge, Presiding Argued and Submitted June 7, 2016 Pasadena, California Filed July 6, 2016 2 FLORES V. LYNCH Before: Ronald M. Gould, Michael J. Melloy*, and Andrew D. Hurwitz, Circuit Judges. Opinion by Judge Hurwitz

SUMMARY** Immigration

The panel affirmed in part and reversed in part the district court’s order granting the motion of a plaintiff class to enforce a 1997 Settlement with the government which set a nationwide policy for the detention, release, and treatment of minors detained in Immigration and Naturalization Service custody, and remanded for further proceedings.

The panel held that the Settlement unambiguously applies both to minors who are accompanied and unaccompanied by their parents. The panel held, however, that the district court erred in interpreting the Settlement to provide release rights to accompanying adults. The panel also held that the district court did not abuse its discretion in denying the government’s motion to amend the Settlement

As another reminder for our Dem freinds this case was during the Obama Presidency whose administration continued the seperation for ilegal immigrant kids as did Trump. They all seem to conveniently forget this.

People wronged by the gov in prison can sue for mistreatment. Don’t see what the confusion is. Just because somebody breaks a law doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want to them.
Like I said…dumbass Democrats. Only a Democrat would be in favor of paying illegal aliens for breaking the law, when that money could be spent in education, healthcare, etc for actual US citizens.
You people amaze me.

Why don’t U.S families get compensated when a parent or parents are incarcerated and the kids put in foster care or a residential setting? Is that somehow less of a hardship or less traumatic?
Now, if the individuals are mistreated in some manner while incarcerated then that’s a whole different ball game, but from what I’ve read, these suits are alleging psychological trauma due to the act of separating, which is silly when compared to what goes on in this country on a daily basis.
Stop trying to bring logic into this discussion; you’re going to confuse and cause psychological trauma for bob and md.

Reactions: jrcrist
Why are you so sure it will be laughed out? Don’t know a lot of the details but looks like there weren’t adequate facilities to house the children and there was no formal plan for reunification. It also looks like the government has missed several court ordered deadlines to reunite families. Also looks like quite a few parents were deported without their children. In general looks like they implemented a drastic change in policy without looking into or caring about the effects of the policy. Just a cursory review it looks to me to be a lot different than kids being separated from their parents while their parents are in jail.

Also, I just don’t understand the animosity aimed at these people by people on this board. How are they hurting you? Why is this policy justified in your mind knowing the impacts it has on the kids? Why couldn’t we wait for proper facilities be built and staffed and solid plans developed for reunification before implementing this policy? Seems like the humane thing to do if you are insistent on implementing the policy.

why do you think it’s ok to break the law?

A guy selling drugs in California doesn’t impact me either, but I still hope he gets busted and does some hard time.

why do you think it’s ok to break the law?

A guy selling drugs in California doesn’t impact me either, but I still hope he gets busted and does some hard time.

I don’t care one bit about victimless crimes.

Why are you so against somebody not born into as fortunate situation as you doing something to improve their life?

Why are you so against somebody not born into as fortunate situation as you doing something to improve their life?
Your premise is bullshit. How can innocent people dying and being injured at the hands of people who shouldn’t be here in first place be acceptable? There are thousands of examples of illegals committing vehicular homicide while driving drunk, shooting innocent women in places like SF, torturing and raping a coed in Iowa, sexually assaulting a woman on a subway in Philadelphia while jackass people on the subway took out their cellphones and recorded the assault but did not try to stop it once (deplorable and selfish), MS-13 members shooting, raping, and killing hundreds of innocent people around NY and Baltimore, etc., etc.

Also, these illegals are using taxpayer dollars for housing, food, clothing, schooling, etc., etc.

GTFOH with your victimless crime nonsense.

Reactions: FreedomWins
Your premise is bullshit. How can innocent people dying and being injured at the hands of people who shouldn’t be here in first place be acceptable? There are thousands of examples of illegals committing vehicular homicide while driving drunk, shooting innocent women in places like SF, torturing and raping a coed in Iowa, sexually assaulting a woman on a subway in Philadelphia while jackass people on the subway took out their cellphones and recorded the assault but did not try to stop it once (deplorable and selfish), MS-13 members shooting, raping, and killing hundreds of innocent people around NY and Baltimore, etc., etc.

Also, these illegals are using taxpayer dollars for housing, food, clothing, schooling, etc., etc.

GTFOH with your victimless crime nonsense.

Those are all crimes with victims you listed. Crossing the boarder is a victimless crime.

Come on, stealing from retail stores. Stealing from anyone is a crime that is acceptable to a certain percentage of the population. Are you one of them?
You’d be shocked at the number of people who think that there are just piles of money sitting around that are there to be taken and it’s of no cost to anyone…same as stealing. I sat in a meeting a few years ago where town trustee was livid that the local school had only been taxing based on need and not at the maximum allowed. The idiot actually asked what happened to all of that money. I quipped that it was still in her pocket…which caused her to act like she’d been accused of theft. So then, the over-educated moron putting on the meeting had to inform her that the comment meant that she paid less in taxes. The inmates will eventually run the asylum at the rate stupidity is growing.

Come on, stealing from retail stores. Stealing from anyone is a crime that is acceptable to a certain percentage of the population. Are you one of them?
I am doubting this clown understands the cost of ownership, a business, and any economic reality. If stealing is a victimless crime, then he/she/pronoun/it, should allow anyone to take anything of he/she/pronoun/its.

Another clueless lib, lefty dem.
Any criminal can claim they’re trying to Bette their lives.
I know you’re just a clueless lefty lib, but I don’t believe you’re so stupid as to believe what you’re typing. You’re just trying to be dramatic now.

You guys keep talking about other crimes. I’m talking about the crime of crossing the border.

Another clueless lib, lefty dem.
Any criminal can claim they’re trying to Bette their lives.
I know you’re just a clueless lefty lib, but I don’t believe you’re so stupid as to believe what you’re typing. You’re just trying to be dramatic now.

Who is the victim?

I am doubting this clown understands the cost of ownership, a business, and any economic reality. If stealing is a victimless crime, then he/she/pronoun/it, should allow anyone to take anything of he/she/pronoun/its.

Why do you guys think I’m saying stealing is victimless? I just want to know how crossing a border is stealing.

I didn’t say stealing was victimless. I was wonder what people were stealing by crossing the border.
Stealing the right to live in the US. Stealing the right to receive benefits when you're not a US citizen paying into the system that provides those benefits. Stealing resources like healthcare, education, welfare.

Wait a second.....are you for open borders?

Why do you guys think I’m saying stealing is victimless? I just want to know how crossing a border is stealing.
It leads to stealing. Stealing of resources among other things. Are you just about done playing dumb with these questions? I’ll give you credit, you’ve done well to keep that schtick going this long.

It leads to stealing. Stealing of resources among other things. Are you just about done playing dumb with these questions? I’ll give you credit, you’ve done well to keep that schtick going this long.

It leads to stealing? Anymore than anybody else being alive leads to stealing?

Must be. I haven’t seen evidence for this.
It took me about 30 seconds to google? All kinds of studies out there?…you can even find one that claims the theft of resources is only a few billion dollars?…and that was from a group that doesn’t believe it’s stealing either?

Biden Says Payments to Families Separated at the Mexico Border Are ‘Not Gonna Happen’​

President dismisses reports of DOJ talks to settle suits by families separated while illegally crossing border with payments of $450,000 a person​

It leads to stealing? Anymore than anybody else being alive leads to stealing?
You’re just being either very obtuse or you’re very naive. If these illegals weren’t breaking the law to come here, then these other crimes wouldn’t have happened or be happening. When people get raped, shot, assaulted they are victims by definition. When illegals commit these kinds of crimes it’s doubly bad - they shouldn’t be here in the first place.

Instead of breaking the law to come here why can’t they follow the LEGAL immigration system? They should be vetted before becoming citizens, green card holders, or US persons. Instead morons in the Biden administration welcome them with open arms and use taxpayer money to move them around the country, feed them, clothe them, tend to medical conditions, house them, educate them and their children……Every actual citizen is a victim of this appropriation of tax dollars for the Ds’ cynical, perverse purposes.

Biden Says Payments to Families Separated at the Mexico Border Are ‘Not Gonna Happen’​

President dismisses reports of DOJ talks to settle suits by families separated while illegally crossing border with payments of $450,000 a person​

I think you're behind in the news cycle.

You’re just being either very obtuse or you’re very naive. If these illegals weren’t breaking the law to come here, then these other crimes wouldn’t have happened or be happening. When people get raped, shot, assaulted they are victims by definition. When illegals commit these kinds of crimes it’s doubly bad - they shouldn’t be here in the first place.

Instead of breaking the law to come here why can’t they follow the LEGAL immigration system? They should be vetted before becoming citizens, green card holders, or US persons. Instead morons in the Biden administration welcome them with open arms and use taxpayer money to move them around the country, feed them, clothe them, tend to medical conditions, house them, educate them and their children……Every actual citizen is a victim of this appropriation of tax dollars for the Ds’ cynical, perverse purposes.

The studies I’ve seen shows that immigrants are net contributors. Kinda how we built this country.

The studies I’ve seen shows that immigrants are net contributors. Kinda how we built this country.
Well....I'd have to consider the source of your information.
You probably think Republicans are racists because that's what they told you on MSNBC?

Well....I'd have to consider the source of your information.
You probably think Republicans are racists because that's what they told you on MSNBC?

Don’t watch cable news.

Over the long run they are a net positive to the country as a whole though may be a short term negative to local and state gov. Maybe the fed does something to make up for this or maybe they should.

Also, why would adding people contributing to the economy be a net negative?

Don’t watch cable news.

Over the long run they are a net positive to the country as a whole though may be a short term negative to local and state gov. Maybe the fed does something to make up for this or maybe they should.

Also, why would adding people contributing to the economy be a net negative?

NO ONE IS AGAINST IMMIGRATION, THEY'RE AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!

This is the simple nuance that lefties and libs fail to grasp.

You want to come to this country and become a citizen? Great! There's a process you have to go through. It's a right, not a privilege and yes, it takes work. Do it the right, LEGAL way, and we'll welcome you as one of our own and will gladly stand next to you during the Pledge of Allegiance.

Our nanny from Guatemala did it and she hates illegal immigrants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT