ADVERTISEMENT

Best comment on a Twitter post about Braden Smith's numbers tonight...

They said before the game that Nembhard having 236 assists on the season was "staggering". Smith had 256 before the game started.
I don’t want to say the announcers were pulling for Gonzaga but they were pulling for Gonzaga.

My second favorite comment during the first half was them talking about Edey being more aggressive on defense and trying to get more blocks. We play drop coverage so he doesn’t pick up unnecessary fouls in the first so he can be aggressive in the second half.

I don’t want to say the announcers were pulling for Gonzaga but they were pulling for Gonzaga.

My second favorite comment during the first half was them talking about Edey being more aggressive on defense and trying to get more blocks. We play drop coverage so he doesn’t pick up unnecessary fouls in the first so he can be aggressive in the second half.
The one that aggravated me was the foul on Edey when there were two Zags holding his arms. The commentator, referencing the no call on the Zags said "that's a good no call...that's just basketball". It wasn't a no call! They called a foul on Zach!

The one that aggravated me was the foul on Edey when there were two Zags holding his arms. The commentator, referencing the no call on the Zags said "that's a good no call...that's just basketball". It wasn't a no call! They called a foul on Zach!
Pretty sure the flagrant during the Grambling game they tried to argue it was just physical basketball. I don’t get why they can’t put announcers who have functioning brains in the call for us.

Pretty sure the flagrant during the Grambling game they tried to argue it was just physical basketball. I don’t get why they can’t put announcers who have functioning brains in the call for us.
I think announcers assume that it's OK to mug Zach because he's 7'4" and that's the only thing most teams can do to stop him.

Zach is fouled 20-30 times a game. Calls that any other player in America would get. But he is so big ref’s let it go and don’t want to hear about the foul disparity. Zach gets away with a few, but the ratio of getting away with fouls ( as Painter has said) is 7-1 their fouls versus Zach.

Reactions: Abugabby
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT