ADVERTISEMENT

Beautiful Blue Wall

Problem is, I’m not sure what republican policy is anymore.

The number one reason I voted Republican in the past was fiscal responsibility and debt reduction. That’s gone.
I also voted for foreign policy that embraced our traditional democratic allies, supported fledgling democracies and opposed authoritarian regimes, notably Russia. That’s gone.

I liked the measured approach to immigration. That’s gone. Neither party wants to solve the problem.

Tax cuts are fine but not at the expense of higher deficits and debt. Tax cuts are the answer to every problem in today’s republican party.

Smaller government? Great. Do it. Stop talking about it while doing nothing.

The republicans now run on what they are against, not what they are for.
This reads like someone criticizing Democrats based on all of AOC’s platform planks. There are people in the Republican Party who still believe in those things, but at the moment I agree that they’ve been shouted down by the “Freedom Caucus” and are all scared of the MAGA backlash if they speak out against that part of the party.

If you want things to change, you need to stop letting the MAGA and Progressive wings of the parties be the most outspoken and narrative-controlling. The majority of people want moderation, and many like me are willing to tend slightly to the “other side” if that’s the only place we think we can get it.

For now, we are getting small doses of progressive policy. If, say, AOC or Bernie becomes the true face of the party and Manchin gets thrown into the fire like Liz Cheney did, then I will be right back to voting third party.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
This reads like someone criticizing Democrats based on all of AOC’s platform planks. There are people in the Republican Party who still believe in those things, but at the moment I agree that they’ve been shouted down by the “Freedom Caucus” and are all scared of the MAGA backlash if they speak out against that part of the party.

If you want things to change, you need to stop letting the MAGA and Progressive wings of the parties be the most outspoken and narrative-controlling. The majority of people want moderation, and many like me are willing to tend slightly to the “other side” if that’s the only place we think we can get it.

For now, we are getting small doses of progressive policy. If, say, AOC or Bernie becomes the true face of the party and Manchin gets thrown into the fire like Liz Cheney did, then I will be right back to voting third party.
I don’t care how it reads. AOC’s platform planks?

Of course there are republicans who believe in those things. When they take back control of the party from the MAGA republicans, I will consider voting Republican again based on those issues and others. But for now, I vote against those who are the trump Republican Party, not FOR any democrat.

The moderates and independents are flexing their muscle, proving once again to the radicals in both parties that people in the middle have the most influence in the elections if they choose to exercise it. The frustrating part is it takes the extremes in the two parties to take control for the moderates to show up and vote.

I’m not sure someone like trump can be elected again anytime soon, but the last six years has shown that character matters in the WH. It’s sad that it had to come to this, but electing someone who is decent, kind, and has an ounce of empathy and honesty is a prerequisite for the office.

I don’t care how it reads. AOC’s platform planks?

Of course there are republicans who believe in those things. When they take back control of the party from the MAGA republicans, I will consider voting Republican again based on those issues and others. But for now, I vote against those who are the trump Republican Party, not FOR any democrat.

The moderates and independents are flexing their muscle, proving once again to the radicals in both parties that people in the middle have the most influence in the elections if they choose to exercise it. The frustrating part is it takes the extremes in the two parties to take control for the moderates to show up and vote.

I’m not sure someone like trump can be elected again anytime soon, but the last six years has shown that character matters in the WH. It’s sad that it had to come to this, but electing someone who is decent, kind, and has an ounce of empathy and honesty is a prerequisite for the office.
If you think Biden is “decent, kind, and has an ounce of empathy and honesty”, I have some swamp land to sell you in the Everglades. He is a decrepit, corrupt politician.

The reality is that when you vote for so-called “moderate Ds”, you’re really voting for Progressive’s like AOC, Bernie Sanders, Tlaib, and Omar, because Progressives have been driving the D agenda ever since Biden was elected. They don’t always get everything they want, but they get more of it than they should regardless.

• Haha
Reactions: gr8indoorsman

AOC and Bernie (the Progressives) have set much of Biden’s agenda.

"If the election methods get fixed." Lol ... even after last week you still don't get it. Election methods and vote counts are not broken and never have been. Can there be imperfections? Sure. But there is nothing to fix.

Here's a reality check for you: Republicans that are sane, reasonable, and yes conservative, can and do win big. Candidates like Kemp, DeSantis, Youngkin, and Rafensburger won and won big, and did so by running as far away as possible from Trump-inspired, anti-democracy conspiracy theories. Funny how election methods work just fine for conservatives that don't embrace whack-job theories. And Trump HATES them all for it. Moreover, the Democrats will continue to support Trump-endorsed conspiracy theory candidates through PACs because they know that those candidates are losers.

The American public in general prefers sane Republicans, law enforcement (yes, very much including the FBI and IRS), and the rule of law to looney tunes Trump. Hell, they even prefer mediocre Democrats to anti-democracy looney tunes Trumpers. When a candidate attaches to looney tunes Trump it scares the crap out of voters.

The American public sees a giant waving red flag as soon as Trump-inspired Republicans cannot resist reminding people that they are still obsessed with Trump-generated conspiracy theories.
Sane like Biden and Fetterman? I think you got a hitch in your giddyup. Sane? You saw Trump for four years and the world was a lot better than any speculation about what if? We are back to hypothesis versus results. You have people on both sides of the aisle that have little business background and some have never been responsible for anything or paid the costs for being wrong since most of their life was in politics.

What can be anymore anti-people (we are NOT a democracy) than using the FBI as an army against your political opponent...or the IRS as an army against your political opponent? Or having the state run media as we see today...or the lying about abortion...social security whatever. There is a hell of a difference in using the taxpaid employees against the taxpayers than some taxpayers upset with whatever. We were to be free of government overreach not to extend it.

To begin to consider Trump with all his flaws a danger to the people with four years of data showing improements for the people and and ole Joe with all of his failures for the people is hard to find a foothold in "sanity".

Reactions: BoilerJS and BSIT
The world? Screw the world; I’m talking about the United States of America. Because of Donald Trump the beacon of freedom and democracy in the world has had it’s democratic principles pushed to the brink.

Were it not for heroes such as (but not limited to) Mike Pence, Brad Rafensberger, Mark Milley, and Chris Wray (all registered Republicans) we might have lost the democracy we have built for over 240 years.

Because to satisfy his ego one man, Donald Trump, was willing to take it away.

There are lots of politicians that do a crappy or good job. There are plenty that can’t be trusted.

Only Donald Trump was willing to sacrifice American democracy for his ego.

Pence wrote, Trump called him in the morning and said, “You have the absolute right to reject electoral votes.”

“‘You can be a historical figure,’ he said, his tone growing more confrontational, ‘but if you wimp out, you’re just another somebody,’”

Donald Trump is disgusting.

Last edited:
AOC and Bernie (the Progressives) have set much of Biden’s agenda.
Sure, Biden has done plenty to placate them, but we still have laws in this country and you can't just do whatever the F you want by executive fiat (student loan forgiveness). Much of what Biden has done has been a far more moderate version of what those dingbats have called for, and that's how it should work.

I don't think that's how this "freedom caucus" will try to govern. I think we're going to see house investigations into Biden's son, which has literally nothing to do with anything, and we're going to see house investigations into Biden on random shit, just continuing to perpetuate the partisan crap that has tainted politics of late, some of it legitimate (the Trump/Mar-a-lago DOJ investigation) and some of it not (the Russian collusion bullshit).

In the end, the deeper the embrace of the far out wing of your party, the less likely you are to gain power or retain it once you have it. The Democrats appear to understand this, which is why Clinton was effectively gifted the nomination in 2016 instead of Sanders who was far more populist. The Repbulicans writ-large don't seem to get this as they just continue to allow Trump to dictate things because they're scared of the bully.

There are a slew of outcomes here, but none of them is going to be good for Republicans unless they can convince Trump to back out and step down (or, God forbid, something happens to him health-wise), or he becomes inviable because he's found personally liable for some criminal thing that sticks... some of those outcomes:

- Trump declares for the race, wins the nomination, and loses again in 2024, taking the party down with him and ceding Democratic control of Congress again along with it.

- Trump declares for the race, sensible Republicans essentially tell him he will not be the nominee, and he runs third party which splits the republican base and causes the Democrats to win in landslide fashion.

- Trump declares for the race, Desantis or someone else beats him in the primary, and he goes off on tirades tearing everyone apart and undermining the party.

I don't see a viable scenario where Trump wins re-election in 2024. He will not recapture the independent vote again. It's lost. The republicans need to go in another direction.

Do they have the balls to take a short-term L right now in hopes they can turn things around by 2024? Or take the short term L right now and regroup for 2028 after a split ticket?

They can't keep giving legitimacy to Trump and hope to survive. It will ensure a decade of Democratic governance, and the smart ones actually KNOW this.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
using the FBI as an army against your political opponent...or the IRS as an army against your political opponent? Or having the state run media as we see today...or the lying about abortion...social security whatever.
The indoctrination is strong in this one.

If you think Biden is “decent, kind, and has an ounce of empathy and honesty”, I have some swamp land to sell you in the Everglades. He is a decrepit, corrupt politician.

The reality is that when you vote for so-called “moderate Ds”, you’re really voting for Progressive’s like AOC, Bernie Sanders, Tlaib, and Omar, because Progressives have been driving the D agenda ever since Biden was elected. They don’t always get everything they want, but they get more of it than they should regardless.
By that same token, when you vote for Trump, you're voting for Marjorie Taylor Greene and Herschel Walker and any number of other idiots who believe the Pillow Guy and Trump's lies. So congratulations on that, too. If you believe one, you must believe the other!

Damn, you guys live in terminal fear of Democratic policy that can be overturned by politics at any time, but you're totally cool with the complete undermining of free elections and tactics meant to disenfranchise voters... or hell, just make the election completely meaningless because Trump wanted to win!

Thank God for Mike Pence.

let me go ask CNN to get the truth
It’s not about CNN or any other media outlet.

It’s about a sitting President who inspired, activated, and commiserated with insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol and wanted to hang the Vice President.

And it’s about a President who wanted to single-handedly inspire the overthrow of a free and fair American Presidential election, and continues to constantly undermine democracy.

It’s not about CNN or any other media outlet.

It’s about a sitting President who inspired, activated, and commiserated with insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol and wanted to hang the Vice President.

And it’s about a President who wanted to single-handedly inspire the overthrow of a free and fair American Presidential election, and continues to constantly undermine democracy.
I think you missed the reference to CNN. I mentioned the FBI and IRS in going after political opponents. gr8 was unaware of the involvement and mentioned indoctrination. I then mentioned to look to the source for where much of the info for distraction originates such as CNN and then you responded with your fear of the people. We are a Republic not a democracy...at least we have been and will be if we can survive the dems. Somewhere in the fear of undermining the Republic the Clinton Foundation was lost. The artwork of Hunter and Ukraine and the millions dumped there that we don't know the money trail. We only know the big guy gets 10% of whatever. We have REAL undermining of the Republic and have had for some time, but somehow when the people protest at Royalty, it is a new game. That two hour activity pales to the Summer Of Love and the "actual" selling out of the country as the state run media turns their head. It is all about power and control and you worry about a few people for a few hours...

Sane like Biden and Fetterman? I think you got a hitch in your giddyup. Sane? You saw Trump for four years and the world was a lot better than any speculation about what if? We are back to hypothesis versus results. You have people on both sides of the aisle that have little business background and some have never been responsible for anything or paid the costs for being wrong since most of their life was in politics.

What can be anymore anti-people (we are NOT a democracy) than using the FBI as an army against your political opponent...or the IRS as an army against your political opponent? Or having the state run media as we see today...or the lying about abortion...social security whatever. There is a hell of a difference in using the taxpaid employees against the taxpayers than some taxpayers upset with whatever. We were to be free of government overreach not to extend it.

To begin to consider Trump with all his flaws a danger to the people with four years of data showing improements for the people and and ole Joe with all of his failures for the people is hard to find a foothold in "sanity".
"What can be anymore anti-people (we are NOT a democracy) than using the FBI as an army against your political opponent...or the IRS as an army against your political opponent? Or having the state run media as we see today...or the lying about abortion...social security whatever. There is a hell of a difference in using the taxpaid employees against the taxpayers than some taxpayers upset with whatever. We were to be free of government overreach not to extend it.

I know your misperceptions about WHO actually politicized the DOJ is due to the fact that your sources consist solely of the right wing echo chamber, and you have no use for the "main stream media". But people like Berman are not exactly rare within the context of the Trump Admin, and in fact people who were initially hired by Trump and were alarmed at his disregard for the constitution and his attempts to use the elements of government for his own benefit are pretty well documented...

The Jan 6 Hearings were so detrimental to Trump precisely because most of the witnesses who testified were former MAGA types, and many had originally been all in on Trump. Not sure if that's the case with Berman or not, although he's a lifelong Republican.

It's amazing to me that you guys see lifelong Republican after lifelong Republican (esp those who worked under Trump) come out and basically call him a crook and wannabe dictator, but you retain your loyalty to him? It's as if you believe you somehow know him better than the people who worked under him and were exposed to exactly the type of person he is. Here's a lifelong Pub who lost his job because he refused to allow his office to be used for Trump's personal vindictive whims.

I disagree but it doesn’t matter. Biden is everything bad because he’s a Dem.

And it doesn’t make any sense to try and discuss moderate vs progressive issues with you. All democratic positions are progressive in your mind.

I think you missed the reference to CNN. I mentioned the FBI and IRS in going after political opponents. gr8 was unaware of the involvement and mentioned indoctrination. I then mentioned to look to the source for where much of the info for distraction originates such as CNN and then you responded with your fear of the people. We are a Republic not a democracy...at least we have been and will be if we can survive the dems. Somewhere in the fear of undermining the Republic the Clinton Foundation was lost. The artwork of Hunter and Ukraine and the millions dumped there that we don't know the money trail. We only know the big guy gets 10% of whatever. We have REAL undermining of the Republic and have had for some time, but somehow when the people protest at Royalty, it is a new game. That two hour activity pales to the Summer Of Love and the "actual" selling out of the country as the state run media turns their head. It is all about power and control and you worry about a few people for a few hours...
Remember that Russell Crowe movie “A Beautiful Mind” where the protagonist flings disconnected, random thoughts that are extraordinarily complicated, extraordinarily confusing, and brilliant?

That’s you, only minus “brilliant.”

• Haha
Reactions: PurdueFan1
Trump frantically attempts to nullify an election and hold onto power in our republic. And while both parties are about power in today’s political environment, never before has there been such a blatant attempt to disregard the election process……..and you blindly ignore it to blame the other side.
Just keep doing what you’re doing. This election showed that the electorate is tired of of people like you. The more you carry on the sooner the nightmare ends.

Can someone collect your ballot at the nursing home during the next election or is that cheating?

"What can be anymore anti-people (we are NOT a democracy) than using the FBI as an army against your political opponent...or the IRS as an army against your political opponent? Or having the state run media as we see today...or the lying about abortion...social security whatever. There is a hell of a difference in using the taxpaid employees against the taxpayers than some taxpayers upset with whatever. We were to be free of government overreach not to extend it.

I know your misperceptions about WHO actually politicized the DOJ is due to the fact that your sources consist solely of the right wing echo chamber, and you have no use for the "main stream media". But people like Berman are not exactly rare within the context of the Trump Admin, and in fact people who were initially hired by Trump and were alarmed at his disregard for the constitution and his attempts to use the elements of government for his own benefit are pretty well documented...

The Jan 6 Hearings were so detrimental to Trump precisely because most of the witnesses who testified were former MAGA types, and many had originally been all in on Trump. Not sure if that's the case with Berman or not, although he's a lifelong Republican.

It's amazing to me that you guys see lifelong Republican after lifelong Republican (esp those who worked under Trump) come out and basically call him a crook and wannabe dictator, but you retain your loyalty to him? It's as if you believe you somehow know him better than the people who worked under him and were exposed to exactly the type of person he is. Here's a lifelong Pub who lost his job because he refused to allow his office to be used for Trump's personal vindictive whims.

You don't understand what I said. I don't care about jan 6 against royalty because I think there are MANY larger problems. It has nothing to do with Trump this or trump that. It has to do with the fact that I believe jan 6 was nothing compared to what was going on before. If Trump was not there and Jolly Rogers was it wouldn't change my thoughts. I consider selling out the country much more of a threat to the Republic than Jan 6...and FWIW I think China is the real enemy, not Russia and have thought that for years.

Reactions: BSIT and SKYDOG
Remember that Russell Crowe movie “A Beautiful Mind” where the protagonist flings disconnected, random thoughts that are extraordinarily complicated, extraordinarily confusing, and brilliant?

That’s you, only minus “brilliant.”
I know. when you asked my age and I told you in a very simple math problem my age and you didn't get it ,I realized that we were in different planes. I watch very, very little TV. It's okay I'm sure you have strengths in writing about jan 6 insurrections by the unarmed people that were shot by the government. We are in different worlds and I'm okay with that...and you should be as well.

Reactions: BSIT and SKYDOG
Trump frantically attempts to nullify an election and hold onto power in our republic. And while both parties are about power in today’s political environment, never before has there been such a blatant attempt to disregard the election process……..and you blindly ignore it to blame the other side.
Just keep doing what you’re doing. This election showed that the electorate is tired of of people like you. The more you carry on the sooner the nightmare ends.

Can someone collect your ballot at the nursing home during the next election or is that cheating?
I'll have to ask the nurse when she loosens my depends

You don't understand what I said. I don't care about jan 6 against royalty because I think there are MANY larger problems. It has nothing to do with Trump this or trump that. It has to do with the fact that I believe jan 6 was nothing compared to what was going on before. If Trump was not there and Jolly Rogers was it wouldn't change my thoughts. I consider selling out the country much more of a threat to the Republic than Jan 6...and FWIW I think China is the real enemy, not Russia and have thought that for years.
You believe too many fake stories.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
I'll have to ask the nurse when she loosens my depends
For some reason, every time I refer to trumps attempt to illegally stay in power you make a reference to your diapers. I get that you don’t want to talk about it but you might consider a different topic for your deflection.

You’re real good at pointing out the difference between a democracy and a republic but you don’t seem to give a rat’s ass about the most fundamental act that makes a society a republic. Why won’t you say a word about all the various dictatorial methods trump tried to use to stay in power? Do you excuse his actions because you believe the election was stolen? Is that the way a republic works? Elected officials in a republic don’t have to leave office if they believe they won? You have no problem pontificating about the summer of love and 1/6……..but this isn’t about either one. It’s about trump’s clear and unambiguous efforts to stay in office when he was not re-elected. Clearly not allowed in a republic.

For some reason, every time I refer to trumps attempt to illegally stay in power you make a reference to your diapers. I get that you don’t want to talk about it but you might consider a different topic for your deflection.

You’re real good at pointing out the difference between a democracy and a republic but you don’t seem to give a rat’s ass about the most fundamental act that makes a society a republic. Why won’t you say a word about all the various dictatorial methods trump tried to use to stay in power? Do you excuse his actions because you believe the election was stolen? Is that the way a republic works? Elected officials in a republic don’t have to leave office if they believe they won? You have no problem pontificating about the summer of love and 1/6……..but this isn’t about either one. It’s about trump’s clear and unambiguous efforts to stay in office when he was not re-elected. Clearly not allowed in a republic.
Bob...I'm not going to touch that "Alzheimers" thing, but "your" mention of me being in the nursing home (remember?) brought to mind Tman92's comments about my depends being too tight in another thread and so that was me playing along. I thought when someone starts making jokes others could join? Is this the old Twitter?

Bob...I'm not going to touch that "Alzheimers" thing, but "your" mention of me being in the nursing home (remember?) brought to mind Tman92's comments about my depends being too tight in another thread and so that was me playing along. I thought when someone starts making jokes others could join? Is this the old Twitter?

Bob doesn't have a sense of humor, stop trying.

• Haha
Reactions: tjreese and BSIT
I am not sure why you attribute that comment to me. I never said that. But carry on.

"If the election methods get fixed." Lol ... even after last week you still don't get it. Election methods and vote counts are not broken and never have been. Can there be imperfections? Sure. But there is nothing to fix.

Here's a reality check for you: Republicans that are sane, reasonable, and yes conservative, can and do win big. Candidates like Kemp, DeSantis, Youngkin, and Rafensburger won and won big, and did so by running as far away as possible from Trump-inspired, anti-democracy conspiracy theories. Funny how election methods work just fine for conservatives that don't embrace whack-job theories. And Trump HATES them all for it. Moreover, the Democrats will continue to support Trump-endorsed conspiracy theory candidates through PACs because they know that those candidates are losers.

The American public in general prefers sane Republicans, law enforcement (yes, very much including the FBI and IRS), and the rule of law to looney tunes Trump. Hell, they even prefer mediocre Democrats to anti-democracy looney tunes Trumpers. When a candidate attaches to looney tunes Trump it scares the crap out of voters.

The American public sees a giant waving red flag as soon as Trump-inspired Republicans cannot resist reminding people that they are still obsessed with Trump-generated conspiracy theories.
Yes the election methods are broken. The Dems pushed emergency voting laws due to Covid (unconstitutionally I might add) and they are using vote harvesting to win elections they would have no business winning. Look at Florida. They fixed their laws and Republicans ran away with their races. The states that didn't fix them are going blue.

Fans of cheating I guess.
If you can't beat them join them.
The Republicans need to get a ground force organized, like the Democrats, obtain a list of all registered voters, find those in nursing homes or who haven't voted for years and request ballots for those individuals.
If you can't find the individuals to deliver the ballot to and coax their vote, fill it out, sign it and send it in.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Look at Florida. They fixed their laws and Republicans ran away with their races. The states that didn't fix them are going blue.
You have to be smarter than this. C’mon.

Other states made all sorts of changes since ‘20. But they didn’t “fix” their problems like Florida?

Or could it be Florida is turning red, as people here have been claiming?

Could it be that the new anointed Republican wonder boy governor, who will be running for president, pulled the other republicans across the finish line?

No. The obvious answer is one state that made election rule changes got it right and all the other states didn’t.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
The Republicans need to get a ground force organized, like the Democrats, obtain a list of all registered voters, find those in nursing homes or who haven't voted for years and request ballots for those individuals.
If you can't find the individuals to deliver the ballot to and coax their vote, fill it out, sign it and send it in.
This is beyond desperate and lazy. Truly. I mean if you think that republicans lose because of cheating and not because of really shitty candidates, that’s on you. There is no evidence of cheating. Nada. None. Unless you just aren’t very bright.

Conservative Republican Brian Kemp wins in Georgia by a landslide.

Herschel Walker does ... lousy.

Lets' play CHOOSE THE MOST LIKELY EXPLANATION!
  1. Brian Kemp was an excellent candidate, and Herschel Walker was a terrible candidate backed by wacko Trump, Michael Flynn, and the Pillow Guy.
  2. Somehow there was cheating by Democrats, but extraordinarily sophisticated cheating (carried out by a Republican administration in Georgia) that found a way to shun the crap gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams cheating ballots and only cheat in the Senate race.
Hmmmm; which explanation makes more sense - #1 or #2?

Reactions: indy35
Conservative Republican Brian Kemp wins in Georgia by a landslide.

Herschel Walker does ... lousy.

Lets' play CHOOSE THE MOST LIKELY EXPLANATION!
  1. Brian Kemp was an excellent candidate, and Herschel Walker was a terrible candidate backed by wacko Trump, Michael Flynn, and the Pillow Guy.
  2. Somehow there was cheating by Democrats, but extraordinarily sophisticated cheating (carried out by a Republican administration in Georgia) that found a way to shun the crap gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams cheating ballots and only cheat in the Senate race.
Hmmmm; which explanation makes more sense - #1 or #2?
Don’t forget, the nursing homes especially are in on the fix here. When my mom was in a memory care facility earlier this year, a ballot mule came by every single day and harvested votes. All the nurses and administrators were in on it too.

This is beyond desperate and lazy. Truly. I mean if you think that republicans lose because of cheating and not because of really shitty candidates, that’s on you. There is no evidence of cheating. Nada. None. Unless you just aren’t very bright.
Where did I say there was cheating. You have a bad habit of putting words in peoples mouthes.
I said the Republicans need to get a pre election day system in place like the Democrats.
It's not cheating when States like Pennsylvania, in particular the Philadelphia area, allow ballots to be sent out unsolicited. The Dems are doing a good job of getting persons registered to vote that haven't voted before and than assisting them in the voting process.
It's perfectly legal per the voting laws established by the State of Pennsylvania.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT