ADVERTISEMENT

Bad move by IU

GB.com

True Freshman
Aug 20, 2003
I understand their issue with the bowl placement. I would probably be upset myself if Purdue were in a similar situation

However eliminating the BIG logo was a huge mistake.

They have been feeding off of bowl profit sharing for 30 some years while rarely participating in them. In addition where would their program be without the BIG television money.

What a slap in the face.

I understand their issue with the bowl placement. I would probably be upset myself if Purdue were in a similar situation

They have been feeding off of bowl profit sharing for 30 some years while rarely participating in them. In addition where would their program be without the BIG television money.

What a slap in the face.

IU vs the Big Ten hmmmm wonder who will win

Reactions: Purdue85

What a slap in the face.
Purdue has been in a similar situation in the past, and, never acted like spoiled jacka$$es when they were...the sense of entitlement, for a program that has been beyond bad, is ridiculous and inexcusable.

They got what they deserved...whining about the game that they were in and the quality of their opponent as if each were somehow "beneath them" only to lose...and, be lousy on both sides of the ball in doing so.

The B1G was wrong not to step in, but, that comes as no surprise either...they have been soft on all things football all year.

IU was finally exposed for the fraud that they are and have been all year...an early reality check for them in '21.

I remember my first Oak & Bucket game when Otis Armstrong ran all over Indiana. ABC came over and told us to watch the language because the game was televised and that made us even more obscene. I have grown up since then. And I applaud Indiana for sending a message. They had many key players not able to play and still gave a gallant try.

I remember my first Oak & Bucket game when Otis Armstrong ran all over Indiana. ABC came over and told us to watch the language because the game was televised and that made us even more obscene. I have grown up since then. And I applaud Indiana for sending a message. They had many key players not able to play and still gave a gallant try.
It wasn't a "statement" it was a tantrum. And Ole MIss had very key players out as well and still beat IU. They have no excuse for being so whiney and self-entitled now and turns out the B1G commish was right. Hell we ALL were right about them on here.

Purdue has been in a similar situation in the past, and, never acted like spoiled jacka$$es when they were...the sense of entitlement, for a program that has been beyond bad, is ridiculous and inexcusable.

They got what they deserved...whining about the game that they were in and the quality of their opponent as if each were somehow "beneath them" only to lose...and, be lousy on both sides of the ball in doing so.

good post

Finishing their best season in 50 years by losing a bowl to a sub-.500 team after complaining they are too good for that bowl game is the most loosier thing ever

The B1G Commissioner/office needs to tie some consequence to this pathetic action/decision or the door opens for others to go off the reservation.
Stand by my original post to discipline the childish IU decision by removing them from sharing in the bowl revenue.

Reactions: Inspector100

What a slap in the face.

One would think they’d watch what Nebraska deals with cause of frosts mouth and think twice about that move

teams that complain about being too good for the tourney they are playing in or the team the y are playing, typically lose. how many times have we seen teams get snubbed by the NCAA ; go to the NIT and then lose in their first game?

to remove your BIG 10 logo was WRONG ! that's like a military member removing the flag off his uniform just because he didn't get that plush assignment to Hawaii and was assigned to Minot or Turkey instead.

i try to be objective to all teams. The BIG 10 looks out for the interests of all their teams. They were trying to help IU actually win a Bowl game. You take the cards you are dealt, and you play them.

teams that complain about being too good for the tourney they are playing in or the team the y are playing, typically lose. how many times have we seen teams get snubbed by the NCAA ; go to the NIT and then lose in their first game?

to remove your BIG 10 logo was WRONG ! that's like a military member removing the flag off his uniform just because he didn't get that plush assignment to Hawaii and was assigned to Minot or Turkey instead.

i try to be objective to all teams. The BIG 10 looks out for the interests of all their teams. They were trying to help IU actually win a Bowl game. You take the cards you are dealt, and you play them.
Why not Minot?

It has one of the best Scandinavian Heritage Parks in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT