ADVERTISEMENT

AZ in Vegas: out.

Any truth to the rumor that Purdue offered to play the game in Tuscon but Arizona declined?

Any truth to the rumor that Purdue offered to play the game in Tuscon but Arizona declined?
I'd heard some noise that part of the reason AZ dropped was they're not sure what their roster will look like. If so, that shows a lot of respect for Purdue, i.e. not wanting to get blasted if their roster doesn't come together, particularly by a team in a conference that destroyed the Pac-12.

I'd heard some noise that part of the reason AZ dropped was they're not sure what their roster will look like. If so, that shows a lot of respect for Purdue, i.e. not wanting to get blasted if their roster doesn't come together, particularly by a team in a conference that destroyed the Pac-12.
Could be. Of course, Purdue also just lost a 2-time NPOY. So maybe early next season is the exact time you want to face the Boilers.

Bummer, if the dates worked I was going to use that for taking my recently legal son to Vegas for the first time.
Too bad! But I strongly suspect there will be more opportunities for P5 teams, basketball and football, to play in Vegas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT