ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance

WaltV

True Freshman
Feb 28, 2004
If you attend Purdue home games, you know that the attendance for the tournament was above average, perhaps the best of the year. Because Purdue has to account to the NCAA, the attendance figures are accurate--just over 3000 at each game. Yet an article just appeared saying Purdue continues to rank in the top ten in the nation in attendance with an average of over 8000 per game. Do other schools use such bogus methods of counting attendance??

Depends on the school, maybe. Really small schools might actually tear tickets, and count stubs, if they are willing to pay somebody to do that. Purdue doesn't "take" tickets at the door--they scan them to be sure it's the right ticket, but I'm guessing those scanner things don't "count" anything. So nobody is standing there counting ticket stubs. I personally would doubt they do that anyplace, but I suppose it is possible. I know Purdue bases attendance figures on the number of tickets sold. I suspect most schools do the same, but I would not want to say they all do, because I don't know. Is that "bogus?" Depends on your definition, I guess. I don't have a problem with it, but I know some people do.

Who cares? They don't need fans. That's why they are where they are and why we are where we are.

Originally posted by TC4THREE:

Who cares? They don't need fans. That's why they are where they are and why we are where we are.
Grow up and get over it. You're unwilling to let pass a tweet (for God's sake… a tweet) by a 22 year old who is a friend of someone being lambasted by the Purdue community? I said a lot of stupid things at that age and well beyond.

KK has proven her loyalty to Purdue, the community and its fans many times over. I choose to forget it and move on.

So because she expressed her disrespect for fans in a tweet as opposed to some other form of communication you want me to ignore the sentiment? Still her thoughts right? Still her decision to hit that "tweet" button isn't it?

Feel free to treat it however you would like. Realize that I will do the same. We are all entitled to express our own views on this board. It's actually kind of the purpose of this board.

It honestly doesn't matter what either of us think though because we are just fans and that's why we are where we are!

You have got to be kidding right?... Why do you think Purdue spent money on scanners?

So because she expressed her disrespect for fans in a tweet as opposed to some other form of communication you want me to ignore the sentiment? Still her thoughts right? Still her decision to hit that "tweet" button isn't it?

Feel free to treat it however you would like. Realize that I will do the same. We are all entitled to express our own views on this board. It's actually kind of the purpose of this board.

It honestly doesn't matter what either of us think though because we are just fans and that's why we are where we are!
Absolutely you are entitled to your opinion.

My point was that a tweet is like impulsively swearing in front of your children (or grandchildren in my case) and then immediately regretting it but not being able to take it back. I can forgive KK for that. Apparently you cannot

What is sad is that one person can make such a big freaking deal out of something a young woman said in passing when he really doesn't know for sure what she was talking about. I wonder what he thinks the Purdue wbb players think about him for his merciless attacks on a former teammate??

Originally posted by destewart:
What is sad is that one person can make such a big freaking deal out of something a young woman said in passing when he really doesn't know for sure what she was talking about. I wonder what he thinks the Purdue wbb players think about him for his merciless attacks on a former teammate??
I haven't made a big deal of it unless you thinking discussing the disrespectful tweet here is a big deal, let alone being a "merciless attack" lol. You're losing it des.

Originally posted by destewart:
I haven't made a big deal of it unless you thinking discussing the disrespectful tweet here is a big deal, let alone being a "merciless attack" lol. You're losing it des.
I think you should let this go. The Tweet was neither disrespectful nor a big deal. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill, and appear to have some deeper agenda about some of the kids who have played for our school.

I think it was you that was so disrespectful of the young lady who quit the team early last year. She was all big ten as a freshman, but it made no difference to you. You take all these things way too personally.

cool.r191677.gif

I just like to discuss reality. A player sends out a tweet looking down on fans, I notice and I read it for what it says. A clearly out-of-shape player transfers and several fools here act like it's the end of the world, I notice and point out her MANY flaws that made her not that great of a player. Some of you don't like to acknowledge that there is ever anything wrong and that's fine if you want to live in that fairy tale world but I don't have to ignore everything and join you. If recognizing what was actually said or what a player actually was is disrespectful, then I guess I'm guilty.

I have not posted in this thread before and I don't claim to be a moderator or a board policeman, but it is time for someone to ask you to tone down the rhetoric and hyperbole. You are entitled to your opinions, but name calling and belittling those who have differing opinions makes this board unpleasant. You did not need to refer to some of the posters here as "several fools here". Just because they had different opinions from you does not mean they are fools.

Also, it seems that you don't like it when people mischaracterized what you have said, so why should you say that posters here "act like it's the end of the world" when Taylor Manuel transferred. I recall people saying it would be a big loss, it left a question mark in the front court, we lost depth and she could have helped us a lot and similar things, but I don't think that any of those things were the end of the world or said to be the end of the world. That is part of the reality here.

This particular pollster will never change his opinion or give an inch about respect or attitude. That has been manifest over and over. Except for this general comment to the fans on this board, I suggest we began to ignore these comments and maybe they will go away. Or we can keep beating our heads against that wall. This same person also has some good insight and when that is presented I am glad to respond, but when trashing of players occurs, I suggest we ignore and that thread will blow away in the wind.

I also think the ignore thing is a good strategy for you and consistent with how many here evaluate the basketball team in general. Ignore the things you don't like even if they are true and right in front of your face.

Tweet from a player where she degrades fans? Ignore the message. Write it off as "just a tweet". Label anyone who repeats THE PLAYERS OWN TWEET as trashing the player. LOL makes sense.

Player transfers from Purdue? Overreact. Ignore the fact that said player was clearly out of shape and had many, many liabilities in her game that more than offset the couple of things she did well for however long she could do them. Label anyone that recognizes those obvious flaws as trashing the player and continue to overreact for the majority of the season until the in-shape players that remained and you ignored prove you wrong throughout the season.

You can react to my comments however you'd like. I get no pleasure wasting my time bickering with some of you over your trivial labels because I don't choose to ignore obvious things that some of you do. It doesn't mean I'm trashing anyone and it's not going to change how I comment on anything here going forward.

We have conclusively determined that TC doesn't make his living as a mediator!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT