ADVERTISEMENT

Armaan.....My Condolences

Lol circle the wagons. I was just pointing out it's weird you guys are sh*tting on our PGs when you guys have definite concerns at that position as well.

Purdue starts a pre season All American at point guard this year. What are you talking about?

Phinisee can't shoot. He's not even on the same planet as Thompson when it comes to shooting. It'll be interesting to see how he does. I was saying well before his commitment that I didn't think he was that good. The only reason people on this board cared about him is because he was a local kid. He can't shoot and doesn't possess the athleticism or speed you need as a Big Ten point guard to overcome his shot. The PG spot is the clear weakness on this Indiana team. That and shooting.

You do know that Painter really wanted Phinisee right?

Reactions: echs86
Is anyone else not all that disappointed that we didn’t get Franklin? I mean, i wouldn’t have been complaining if we had, but I’m really kind of meh on him.

I’m actually more upset that IU got him than upset that we didn’t get him, if that makes any sense at all. Kind of like that toy you got for Christmas that you sort of wanted, but didn’t play with all that much, but then your little brother grabs it and you get pissed off.
A lot of truth to this. I would have wholeheartedly welcomed him as a Boiler, but I didn't see him as a must-get kid that would lead Purdue to a FF. I just don't like to see IU get anyone Purdue is recruiting.

But I believe that some of the people screaming loudest about him picking IU would have been complaining if he chose Purdue that MP signed yet another kid out of the Top 100.

Reactions: Roeder and mathboy
Purdue recruits a bunch of players every year. Doesn't mean everyone is deserving or will be a good Big Ten player. I think Purdue coaches wanted Jaelin Llewellyn much more than Phinisee.
I figure we scout/contact at least 10-12 players and give out 4-5 offers for each possible opening. With 5 openings for this class, we have the potential for 20 recruiting ‘losses’, and that translates into at least 10 OMG threads about recruiting problems. Its tiresome and obnoxious. Some folks just don’t get how teams are built, how kids decide their school, and how this whole thing works. I am reminded of the little old lady that tells her friend, “I unfriend you”. The other lady says “That’s not how this works...”. Ugh!

:cool:

I figure we scout/contact at least 10-12 players and give out 4-5 offers for each possible opening. With 5 openings for this class, we have the potential for 20 recruiting ‘losses’, and that translates into at least 10 OMG threads about recruiting problems. Its tiresome and obnoxious. Some folks just don’t get how teams are built, how kids decide their school, and how this whole thing works. I am reminded of the little old lady that tells her friend, “I unfriend you”. The other lady says “That’s not how this works...”. Ugh!

:cool:
That's about right. I have done a lot of recruiting over the years. HR people will tell you that in large corporations you recruit 5-6 people to fill each job opening.

MSU is going to be bad.
Probably not, but I appreciate some of the statistics you have shown in other threads, backing up your assuresion.

In fact, I don’t recall an up coming season with so many unknown teams. We just might get a new spin on the BIG hierarchy.

At this point, we can all have our own opinions, and until they start playing, nobody is really wrong. I do think you are presenting a challenge to convention by saying Illinois wil be better than MSU. The talent gap alone makes this a difficult perspective to get behind, regardless of how much I would enjoy it happening.

Lol circle the wagons. I was just pointing out it's weird you guys are sh*tting on our PGs when you guys have definite concerns at that position as well.

Maybe because it is a Purdue message board and Purdue fans are always going to rip IU and back up their own guys 9/10? Your posts don't change anyone's mind here and you're wearing out your welcome.

Probably not, but I appreciate some of the statistics you have shown in other threads, backing up your assuresion.

In fact, I don’t recall an up coming season with so many unknown teams. We just might get a new spin on the BIG hierarchy.

At this point, we can all have our own opinions, and until they start playing, nobody is really wrong. I do think you are presenting a challenge to convention by saying Illinois wil be better than MSU. The talent gap alone makes this a difficult perspective to get behind, regardless of how much I would enjoy it happening.

Spot on. The B1G really is wide open this year. Inside the Hall (I know I know, lol), did a really good podcast preview series last year interviewing an insider from each B1G team. As a B1G fan, it was a good way to get a closer look at other teams.

Last week started a new season starting with MSU and Michigan. I guess Michigan shot something like 14% from 3 in their summer tour games. Outside shooting is a major concern the writer that covers them brought up, as they lost their top 3, but didn't bring anyone in that excells in that area. Everyone predicts them to finish in the top 3 based on talent, but I can't remember a Belein team that couldn't shoot from deep.

Ok, back to Armaan now.......

You do know that Painter really wanted Phinisee right?
He offered him, but he wasn’t a high priority recruit. He spent a lot more time on guys like Robby Carmody, Eric Hunter, and Damezi Anderson. Plus Phinisee knew he would be the backup PG behind Nojel for 2-3 seasons.

Let's see start for a team or come off the bench for possibly 2-3 years. Good for him! Now Anderson probably didn't make the best decision considering IU's depth at the position and them still recruiting Brooks. Writing is on the wall for him.

He offered him, but he wasn’t a high priority recruit. He spent a lot more time on guys like Robby Carmody, Eric Hunter, and Damezi Anderson. Plus Phinisee knew he would be the backup PG behind Nojel for 2-3 seasons.

Blasphemy. Isaiah Thompson it starting 4 years.

Hold up, you don’t get to tell anybody they don’t have a clue. You wouldn’t know a clue if it punched you in the face.

qnpv1.jpg

The chance to play right away was too strong of a pull for him it appears.

Hunter, Eastern, and IT were never conceding playing time to him and thats a player at his position in his class, the class before, and the one before that.

Indiana has inferior guards on the roster and Archie really sold that as an opportunity to play right away. 3 stars dont often get the chance to go to a B1G school and play right away - I think that was a very strong selling point and I commend the kid on making the correct choice wheb it comes to playing time.
Lol

How are my IT comments disrespectful? He’s a 6 foot 160lb 2 guard? That’s fact. He’s not an elite athlete, and to expect a 6’0 165lb pound 2 guard to come in and play major minutes in the B10 is completely unfair to the player. Use your head.

I don’t mind homerism, but to use homerism as a crux for the sake of an end be all argument isn’t right. Especially when it isn’t true.
His brother had fewer physical tools than Isaiah, and he started the majority of his games as only a sophomore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mgkcbb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT